Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:43:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 893865 times)
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: November 30, 2014, 11:53:48 PM »

I think the worm bosses you mean are way down an underground tower, beneath the large twon right? If so, you dealt the same issue with me, those are meant to be unbeatable and you have to run back to the exit. It took me a very long while and quite a load of tiems to realize that. I was very annoyed when I did.

Mother. Fucker.. heh. I remember wondering that (since the next part of the quest was to "inform X about the creatures"), but then after bolting for the staircases the worms kept popping up from the floors and my Pawns were faffing about waiting for me to revive them, so along the way Igot convinced I had to fight them. Well, thanks for the info.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: December 01, 2014, 12:40:43 AM »

Prince of Persia SOT - Finished this recently - It did not age well but it's alright. If this still considered the peak of the series I won't bother with the sequels in the HD trilogy. Aside from the technical stuff (obnoxious camera) if you ignore the mediocre combat you're at least left with what feels like decent "platforming" and a few puzzles. It's kind of meh now but I guess it was a big deal at the time.

glad im not the only one who thinks that haha
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:46:04 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: December 01, 2014, 12:51:57 AM »

Spent the weekend playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 with mai gaarufurendo. 50-60 stars or so?

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6203 on: December 01, 2014, 12:54:42 AM »

Mmmmm, I like Arma3, I'm glad it went on sale

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: December 01, 2014, 01:41:38 AM »

I've run into an infuriating bug in XCOM:EU where the game crashes if one of my dudes fires his laser rifle. I did some sleuthing but the suggested solutions are all over the place. Tried a bunch of them and so far nothing helps. I was on C/I and was doing really well assaulting the alien base when this shit happened.

So now I'm playing Endless Legend instead and it's surprisingly good for a Civlike. Shockingly good, even. It sort of works like a hybrid of Civ and HoMM. Flavor is cool, the factions feel very unique.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: December 01, 2014, 04:06:02 AM »

Prince of Persia SOT is mostly renowned for the dialogue and visuals. A lot of the commentary is triggered by player actions, such as the princess complaining if you stare at her in first person, or the narrator responding when you use your time rewind. The layout of the castle gives you frequent gorgeous vistas in the outdoor areas. The later games mostly ditch this and give the narrative during cutscenes (such as forcing your first use of time rewind in a QTE), or just have the narration during platforming sequences where the dialogue can't be changed by your actions.

But yeah, if the combat and platforming bore you the later games don't improve by much. Warrior Within has a neat thing going for it where you explore the same castle twice, alternating between exploring it as a ruin in the present and as a whole in the past, but the rest of the game isn't much different from SoT. The Two Thrones does a thing where you can perform a platforming sequence and insta-kill some miniboss monsters to drastically speed up some fights, but that gets iffy too since if you mess up you just get a lengthy combat instead.

I picked up Epic Mickey 2 on the Wii to play with my girlfriend. It's better than average since you do have to work together (as opposed to games like Mario Galaxy where the second player's contributions are helpful but unnecessary), but she has a lot of trouble aiming the remote to shoot paint and doing the platforming. It's got that N64 era platformer thing going on where you can jump on and in a lot of places you clearly weren't meant to go, and she winds up falling in holes a lot. Nonetheless, we've managed to defeat the giant dragon at the end of the first chapter. I think maybe having her play Oswald would have been better, but he doesn't seem to have nearly as much utility since Mickey's brush solves most of the puzzles. On the upside, the game is extremely lenient on punishment since the other player just respawns a few seconds later.

Borderlands: The Presequel continues to be the game of choice for multiplayer.
HeliocentricS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6206 on: December 01, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »

I've been juggling a few games at once.

Far Cry 4. Fun game, very similar to 3 but since I wasn't bored of that game yet and didn't mind more of the same I've been having a good time with it.

Dragon Age: Origins. Finishing this up finally after dropping it half way through when it first came out. I'll probably read the things I need to know from DA:2 and just jump right to Inquisition. I played a bit of 2 when it came out and although the gameplay was fine the story and repetitive nature made me stop playing.

Smash Bros. Wii U. Just started getting into this and trying out the various modes. Trying to get a handle on at least a few of the characters so my friends don't wipe the floor with me.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6207 on: December 03, 2014, 08:57:40 PM »

Friends kept on mentioned The Wolf Among Us and how good it was but couldn't really talk about it much because I haven't played it. So I picked it up and wow it's good. Just finished Episode 2 last night and going to try and finish it tonight.

I was worried that it would be another dumb modern story involving fairy tale characters but it's actually really good.

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: December 03, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »

I've been playing a lot of E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy lately.  Had it before this most recent sale but got into it again.

So far the experience has been...unique.  I've lost track of how many times I've double-crossed one or more of the various factions, simultaneously.

And playing with the pistol from Blade Runner and an exploding sword is fun, too.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6209 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »

I've been playing a lot of E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy lately.  Had it before this most recent sale but got into it again.

So far the experience has been...unique.  I've lost track of how many times I've double-crossed one or more of the various factions, simultaneously.

And playing with the pistol from Blade Runner and an exploding sword is fun, too.

Yeah that game is strange, I've still been meaning to go back and play it seriously beyond the first mission.

I remember just having a shootout in starting hub a bunch of times which was relatively easy to survive because of easy access to heavy armour and weapons.

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: December 03, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »

I highly recommend sticking with it.  Once you hit the fifth mission things start to branch out a lot.  Like so much that it's almost a bad thing because you have no idea what the fuck is going on.

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6211 on: December 03, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »

I really wanted to like Eye, but then like the third level or something is this mission where snipers target you and kill you in a single hit or two. I was just, "fuck that, uninstalling".

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: December 04, 2014, 03:07:20 AM »

same. ive tried to get into this game so many times but its just not happening. i love stalker SOC, deadly premonition, pathologic and even dwarf fortress and other janky games like that. i even played through vampire bloodlines before any of the fan patches but i always feel like there are many better fps/rpg hybrids that don't have as many problems and arent as confusing as EyE.

you gain brouzouf
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:18:05 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
JWK5
« Reply #6213 on: December 04, 2014, 02:45:58 PM »

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS3)

Been playing it for a while now with the family, still hooked.
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: December 04, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »

It's a very polarizing game.  Either it clicks with you or it doesn't, at all.  And I can understand that, the game makes no attempt to be accessible.

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6215 on: December 05, 2014, 03:27:48 AM »

I'm another one who simply wants to like E.Y.E. because cyberpunk, urban fantasy, wh40k knock-off faction, fps with strange magical abilities and cyberpunk again, but I can't. I tried it a few times and nooo Concerned

Same as olives. They look so tasty and decadent, but noooo

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6216 on: December 05, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »

I might be late to the party, but I'm playing NEO Scavenger, oh god, and when I'm at work now I'm just thinking about playing NEO Scavenger.

actual, genuine GOTY for me - especially as i probably won't touch the new Dragon Age until the new year.

I still haven't even reached the glow yet

olücæbelel
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6217 on: December 05, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »

Oh great, I just wanted to go to sleep, but you reminded me that I own neo scavenger. So much for sleep Facepalm

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: December 05, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »

I might be late to the party, but I'm playing NEO Scavenger, oh god, and when I'm at work now I'm just thinking about playing NEO Scavenger.

actual, genuine GOTY for me - especially as i probably won't touch the new Dragon Age until the new year.

I still haven't even reached the glow yet

ive had an eye on this game for a long time. will buy during christmas steam sale. right now i have too little money and too many unplayed games. i bought divinity original sin during the thanksgiving or watever it was sale and still haven't played it at all
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:34:56 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6219 on: December 05, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »

I'll have to try NEO Scavenger again. I think I played it a long time ago, but it might have been unfinished back then.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic