Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:29:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905319 times)
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6260 on: December 14, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »

I've been playing One Finger Death Punch and it is so good.

Yep. Surprised me how much variety there is in such a simple game Wizard

Eugene
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: December 17, 2014, 02:21:05 AM »

Laser Box - Puzzle
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6262 on: December 17, 2014, 03:15:00 AM »

Laser Box - Puzzle

Yeah, you gotta play your own game and check it for bugs.

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6263 on: December 17, 2014, 03:36:04 AM »

I wonder if that [GAME] costs any money or is it [FREE]. ?

I wonder what platforms it is on

----

I am now playing Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- oh yeah those tight anime waifus mechanics and combos and graphics.

olücæbelel
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: December 17, 2014, 10:22:47 AM »

i just bought hadean lands after reading some very interesting sounding reviews. this is pretty much my introduction into interactive fiction (ive only played "mini-IFs" like the aisle and gun mute before). not played a lot yet but for far it seems very cool.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:39:27 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6265 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »

Playing The Talos Principle a lot, pretty sure I've worked out some of the plot stuff that no one is actually posting about. I still have to clear Area C and then ascend the tower.

bpineda033
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: December 18, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »

Me and my friends have pretty much solely been playing 1001 Spikes on PS4. It ridiculously fun and at times extremely frustrating, but all in all a great game to play with friends... Especially after a few beers lol.
If you guys haven't heard of it or have seen some gameplay action I'll post a vid of us tearing it up! Also, would love to hear your opinions on the game.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »

Played through all three acts of Kentucky Route Zero. If you haven't played this game you are missing out.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: December 18, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »

Me and my friends have pretty much solely been playing 1001 Spikes on PS4. It ridiculously fun and at times extremely frustrating, but all in all a great game to play with friends... Especially after a few beers lol.
If you guys haven't heard of it or have seen some gameplay action I'll post a vid of us tearing it up! Also, would love to hear your opinions on the game.

It's good. Singleplayer gets incredibly hard late-game, not impossible but definitely on the level of obnoxious. I think the other game modes best suited for multiplayer would be a great time with friends, though I've only tried them solo.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: December 18, 2014, 06:34:52 PM »

btw your posts actually inspired me to start another DeS playthrough and i have to say it still has the best level design of any souls game (dks1 has the best WORLD design). it also has a very special atmosphere that hasnt really been replicated in the sequels (otoh dks1 has a special atmosphere too, the atmosphere is just different).

I have to say, this game is really surprising me. I thought it would be more unrefined being an earlier entry but it's really not the case. Level design is intricate. The game looks good and feels tight. I didn't realize while playing DS2 that some of the deviations from DS were actually returning to a quasi DeS type of layout.

Tower of Latria is creepy.
JWK5
« Reply #6270 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.  It's not grabbing me as much as the first two.
It is also depressingly short. My wife and I beat it the day before yesterday. It was fun while it lasted, it just sucks that it didn't last long enough, especially compared to Borderlands 2.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »

I just got through 2-2 in my first go and it was terrifying.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6272 on: December 19, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »

Finished the main part of The Talos Principle that ending was really cool. Now I'm going to collect all the stars and finish the star areas.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: December 19, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »

I just got through 2-2 in my first go and it was terrifying.

you beat the flamelurker first try? congrats, that's one of the hardest bosses in the game (the bosses are much easier than dark souls 1's though as you've probably noticed).

anyway, in some ways dark souls IS more refined. a lot of the mechanics (including rolling, armor, weapon upgrades, status effects etc) are just plain better. i have mixed feelings about max carry weight and world tendency. but i don't think those are enough to make demon's somehow unbearable to play after dark souls. some people hate the nexus, i personally like it a lot, but i prefer lordran i think.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:23:07 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
JWK5
« Reply #6274 on: December 19, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »

The hardest boss for me was the Maneaters, and the easiest was the final boss. I just stood in the doorway sniping him till he was good and softened up then I ran in and finished the job. It took more patience than effort.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: December 19, 2014, 11:25:43 AM »

The hardest boss for me was the Maneaters, and the easiest was the final boss. I just stood in the doorway sniping him till he was good and softened up then I ran in and finished the job. It took more patience than effort.

i tried cheesing him once but it got too boring. fighting him legitimately is really not that hard. just dodge until he kneels down to do his AOE blast, attack him to stagger him out of it, rinse and repeat
JWK5
« Reply #6276 on: December 19, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »

I always end up playing snipe/stealth characters in action RPGs, I get some sick disturbing joy out of cheesing enemies from the shadows (and if it is somehow game breaking I enjoy it more for some reason). I maxed out my sneak and archery in Skyrim, favored run-and-gun sniping in Borderlands, etc. The Tenchu and Thief series are like gaming nirvana to me, though strangely I just can not get into any of the Assassin's Creed games no matter how hard I try. I just lose interest in them very abruptly.

The Deception/Trapt series puts my deviousness into overdrive (if you've never played that series you must), and I think the perfect stealth game for me would be a cross between Deception and Thief with Tenchu's grappling zip cord (so you can get elevation to oversee your traps) and cinematic kills with a Demon's/Dark Souls philosophy of leaving you the hell alone and letting you explore a semi-open world at your own pace.

Speaking of which, I want to go play Deception 4 some more now. I'd just purchased the banana peel, my enjoyment with the game is about to escalate to heavenly heights only a banana peel can provide.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6277 on: December 19, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »

Does the first Witcher get any better after the first two hours? So far I feel like I'm just walking from one cutscene to the next.

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6278 on: December 19, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »

Does the first Witcher get any better after the first two hours? So far I feel like I'm just walking from one cutscene to the next.

Ah yes, I bought it when it was uber-discounted at gog.com and had the same feeling. After x hours, scene-to-scene got me to a bar where I got to pick missions. I thought "ah, this is where the actual game starts, imma play this soon" and never did.

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: December 19, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »

Just came home for Christmas and left my PC in my dorm room.

Really hurting thinking about Ground Zeroes and Elite: Dangerous.  Although I heard Elite is quite empty right now so I might wait for the price to go down and more content to be released.

At least some of the glaring issues in Ground Zeroes might be fixed by then.  Namely, the decision (likely due to incompetence) to put all screen-space effects (DoF, reflections, blur, FXAA) under a single option so you can't have one without the others.  I only really care for screen-space reflections out of all of those but I can't have them without the expensive DoF and blur effects and the wasteful FXAA (since I have a 1440p monitor).

Also, missing out on Dark Souls a la Steamworks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:40:46 PM by Boreal » Logged

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic