Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:46:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902426 times)
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6280 on: December 20, 2014, 01:32:04 AM »

Isaac Rebirth turns into a completely different game once you unlock the D6. Holy hell. I just had a run that lasted an hour and a half, and ended with so many powerups that I could basically hold the fire button in one direction and it would fill the entire room with tears (all of which caused poison, charm, fear, and probably more status effects I'm forgetting). I fully cleared every floor and took out all of the optional bosses (that I know how to get to, at least - maybe there are more?) without breaking a sweat. I think I actually killed Mega Satan too quickly and broke the game slightly, because the music changed while the fight was still going and I didn't get credit for the kill. No worries, though - totally up for doing another run like that one.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6281 on: December 20, 2014, 06:47:35 AM »

It's great that the current engine actually allows you to fill up the whole room with tears. Remember the lag from the first game? (shudder)

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: December 20, 2014, 07:11:33 AM »

hadean lands reminded me of why i don't usually play adventure games. i managed to get stuck on the 1st real puzzle.
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: December 20, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »

If you really want to break BoI Rebirth just use the seed BASE MENT.  It lets you repeat the basement levels indefinitely.

I ended up finding a dice room on level 35ish that made me shoot bombs that healed and propelled me across the room extremely fast.  I made a recording but unfortunately I don't have it on this computer.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6284 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »

I can't believe how good Ground Zeroes looks and performs on my PC, I can't turn everything up to extra high but even without that it still looks really good.

Unfortunately I currently really suck at the game, I'm much more used to gameplay in MGS 2/3 and even Peace Walker so Ground Zeroes plays really differently.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6285 on: December 21, 2014, 06:13:40 AM »

Been playing Unepic.

Gives me a Dark Souls vibes somewhat. It's definitely more than just the fantasy setting but I can't put my finger on what.

The game pulled me in at the beginning but it's flaws are starting to show and I'm quickly getting bored/fed up with it. Making healing potions sparse by requiring empty bottles to craft them is a novel idea that doesn't work. Not to mention there is zero instruction on how to craft them in the first place.

Combat is bland. Boss designs are pretty bad, slow and boring (the 3rd boss is literally "shoot 100 arrows while dodging rocks from the sky and poisonous insects"). A few weapon types are fairly useless, at least at this point of the game (daggers, hammers, axes, spears, etc).

I'm still enjoying the game despite the glaring flaws, but if it doesn't pick up by the next area/boss then I'll probably drop it. Unfortunate because there are pretty much no other fully realised, well fleshed out, platformer RPGs that I've played. Unepic hits a lot of right notes but there are many mechanics and ideas that clearly were not finished or fine tuned enough.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: December 21, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »

I was going to rectify the lack of Dark Souls in my life so I went and bought Ground Zeroes instead. Yeeeaaahhh...

It's pretty good. The shaky cam in the cutscenes isn't because fuck shaky cam, seriously, but everything inbetween is and that's what's really important at the end of the day. Having to unplug my centuries old Logitech controller before I run it each time also sucks but also doesn't (?) because m&k support is very good and I can't imagine I could aim the guns half as well without the benefit of a mouse. Since I haven't played a lot of new games this year this has become my GOTY by default.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6287 on: December 22, 2014, 12:55:05 AM »

I was going to rectify the lack of Dark Souls in my life so I went and bought Ground Zeroes instead. Yeeeaaahhh...

It's pretty good. The shaky cam in the cutscenes isn't because fuck shaky cam, seriously, but everything inbetween is and that's what's really important at the end of the day. Having to unplug my centuries old Logitech controller before I run it each time also sucks but also doesn't (?) because m&k support is very good and I can't imagine I could aim the guns half as well without the benefit of a mouse. Since I haven't played a lot of new games this year this has become my GOTY by default.

Yeah the controls are pretty good but I wish you could navigate the menus with the mouse and a weapon switch system that could use the mouse wheel.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: December 22, 2014, 01:23:04 AM »

I wish I could use the buttons on the side of my mouse so I could put binoculars/view change on one of those. What year are we in, 2002?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: December 22, 2014, 02:44:27 AM »

Having to unplug my centuries old Logitech controller before I run it each time also sucks

NOW I get why you refuse to buy Dark Souls, haha
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: December 22, 2014, 02:47:54 AM »

Does it flip its shit over controllers too?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: December 22, 2014, 03:34:31 AM »

not really, you're just going to have to use an xbox controller emulator to make it work. some people claim the m+kb controls are workable with DSMfix, to me theyre pretty much unusable either way. also it's probably going to be somewhat annoying to play if your pad doesn't have an playstation/xbox layout because the game really IS designed around it (imo).
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: December 22, 2014, 08:30:56 AM »

Been playing Unepic.

Gives me a Dark Souls vibes somewhat. It's definitely more than just the fantasy setting but I can't put my finger on what.

Yeah, despite the flaws you mentioned, the juvenile humor, and the shaky translation, I got the same vibe. I picked it up, played it, put it down, picked it back up, and beat it. It has quite a lot going for it - a surprising amount of depth! I'm craving a sequel.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: December 22, 2014, 06:36:17 PM »

not really, you're just going to have to use an xbox controller emulator to make it work.
Son of a bitch, another hoop to jump through. I blame Microsoft entirely for this situation.

Anyway, GZ is so fucking cool even screwing up is fun because it rewards you by sending all of the troops right at you so you're able to loosely recreate the compound assault from the movie Commando.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: December 23, 2014, 10:59:04 AM »

Just beat DmC (the new one). That game was really underrated. I'm loving the gameplay and the characters are pretty awesome (the Bob Barbas fight was awesome).

I'm already going back and replaying it. I'm also about to go play through the old DmC's as well.

I think I might buy the hd re-release because they are removing the weapon requirements for certain enemies. I'm not a big fan of that system.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: December 23, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »

spintires aka getting stuck in mud simulator 2014
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: December 24, 2014, 03:00:56 AM »

spintires aka getting stuck in mud simulator 2014
Spintires: Prepare To Bog

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: December 24, 2014, 04:06:41 AM »

Dust: An Elysian Tale is pretty fun. I had thought it'd be button masher fighting game, but it's actually got lots of treasures to look for and some competent puzzles to solve mostly involving manipulating flying explodey fruit. It's almost a metroidvania but uses an Order of Ecclesia progression system where you unlock new maps via plot points instead of accessing them via unlocked abilities. The voice acting is really good, though I feel like Fidget would be funnier if she wasn't constantly trying to be funny.

It's pretty easy to become really powerful, though. Level-ups tend to grow your character exponentially, so prioritizing attack power quickly lets you kill basic monsters in one or two hits. Even on Tough (one notch up from Normal) I can kill big golems and spiders in chapter 2 with a single combo, sometimes before they can even attack.

The challenge rooms are still fun, though, and getting four stars requires some squeaker victories. The difficulty on those seems just right.

Also got Octodad as a gift. I'm looking forward to finally playing that.
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: December 24, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »

I ran through Cave Story up to Hell in about two hours with 3? deaths total and then dropped it because of the ridiculous difficulty spike. Droop

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: December 24, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »

Say what you want, but NFS World. Yeah, I know. EA, Freemium, etc. But I find it very fun to play and freemium things are cosmetics (like neons), not things like engines and as for premium cars, there is always one with similar stats that is bought for in-game cash.

Plus, it is rare for me to find a multiplayer game where I have fun despite losing every single match. So far only Gear Up and NFS World managed that. I literally keep losing and I want more. If I am losing in e.g. Quake 3 clone I usually just rage quit, but here I want to get better.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic