Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411483 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:38:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903072 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6420 on: January 24, 2015, 07:11:21 AM »

tap titans is way too much fun for such a "pointless" grind

i personally really like this new idle game/incremental game trend. scratches the same itch as diablo and MMOs but without a lot of the tedium
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: January 24, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »

Agreed. I'm playing AdventureQuest Dragons which CookieClicker guy helped with, and while it's not as good looking or deep as Tap Titans, got me into the trend. It has some neat descriptions and lore though. Sucks that you have to spend money to unlock all the dragons aswell
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6422 on: January 24, 2015, 07:36:32 AM »

This Bernband thing is really interesting. It's a walking simulator, but in spaaaaaaace.

http://gamejolt.com/games/other/bernband/34864/

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: January 25, 2015, 06:39:34 AM »

Just finished Wolfenstein: The New Order. I don't even like shooters most of the time but I really enjoyed this one. Great characters and the guns felt satisfying to use. I would recommend it but make sure you check the system requirements, the game is pretty demanding (and also takes up 40+ gigabytes of space).

i personally really like this new idle game/incremental game trend. scratches the same itch as diablo and MMOs but without a lot of the tedium
Kittens is the idle game I've played the most. I like that it steadily introduces new resources that interact with each other in novel ways. The resource production/storage dichotomy is also interesting because one is more suited for active play while the other improves the ability to idle.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: January 25, 2015, 01:29:16 PM »

I found kittens to be a little on the tedious side. There was one point where I needed manuscripts to get the next big advancement, but getting them required a tremendous amount of time and attention. The huge number of unlockable things was great, I just felt the progression was way too slow. I feel like I should be able to come back in an hour to find something new to play with, or at least have a puzzle to solve.

An idle diablo game would hit a fantastic sweet spot - let the hero go out and grind monsters automatically, and let the player check in periodically to sort through a pile of equipment to upgrade.

I think that incorporating some kind of visual element to show the player's progress (like the combat in Candy Box, or to a lesser extent the declining catnip in the winter in kittens) makes an idle game way more fun. Cookie Clicker didn't excite me as much as Candy Box and Kittens did for that reason.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: January 25, 2015, 11:33:38 PM »

I found kittens to be a little on the tedious side. There was one point where I needed manuscripts to get the next big advancement, but getting them required a tremendous amount of time and attention. The huge number of unlockable things was great, I just felt the progression was way too slow. I feel like I should be able to come back in an hour to find something new to play with, or at least have a puzzle to solve.
There are some hurdles, yeah. Notably Theology when it's initially available takes a very long time to research. Though this also makes it more satisfying once you have enough paragon points under your belt to catapult yourself through the tech tree. I'm on my fifth run at the moment and I barely notice the speed bumps at this point.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6426 on: January 25, 2015, 11:37:34 PM »

Been playing a lot of Battlefield 4. Love me some DMRs. I'm terrible with them until I unlock my first 4x scope though.

yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: January 27, 2015, 06:09:52 AM »

Chicken all the way

+1. How can you even play anything other than Chicken? Bullet time + samurai sword.

Or maybe Melting if you can get the extra HP and special ability boost. That can be pretty deadly.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: January 27, 2015, 07:24:27 AM »

GTA: V and Persona 4 Golden, I think I'll be gone for a while...

forwardresent
« Reply #6429 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:48 AM »

Team Y.V. represent. Chicken used to be my main, love that sword. I play Robot now and again for a better chance at an early flame shotgun.

I played a ton of 868-HACK today. It's on Steam, you should pick it up.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: January 27, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »

the trailer for the steam version is the best

is it any different from ios version tho, like does it have extra content or something?
Goscalyon
Level 0

Programmer and Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: January 27, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »

Hi there,
The kind of games i usually play are RPG/puzzle/strategy games but I actually play all sorts of games. After playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online the last few months I started hopping to some games I have been playing a lot (Skyrim, Civilization V, Terraria) and also got Assassin's Creed II finally and finished it. (already played through both ACIII and ACIV).
forwardresent
« Reply #6432 on: January 27, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »

the trailer for the steam version is the best

is it any different from ios version tho, like does it have extra content or something?

As far as I can tell the only addition is Steam Leaderboards and one achievement.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: January 27, 2015, 03:05:46 PM »

ok i guess i don't really need it then.

but yes the game itself is great. get it if you haven't, folks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:10:19 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: January 27, 2015, 03:21:04 PM »

Finally got a win on Ziggurat last night. I don't know how I feel about unlocking goodies by playing a bunch and dying, though I guess a lot of the recent games I like are designed that way. Anyway, time to dial into 868-hack.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6435 on: January 27, 2015, 09:45:16 PM »

868-HACK is one of the best-designed games i've ever played.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: January 28, 2015, 07:13:40 AM »

Tap Titans - definitely on the same level as candy box in terms of how much further (and better) it goes with its mechanics compared to other idle games. Resetting opens up a whole new kind of "post-game" (and I was lucky to have nabbed the best post-game item) and having looked at its reddit page, I'm excited to know it gets more complex and has more to it

Shadow of Mordor - feels like a combo of AssCreed and Arkham games, but I feel it improves on both of their mechanics. The intro was stunning, it was visually pleasing, gave a good and short backstory for the game and tied the story with its tutorial, which isn't a whole lot of information not yet relevant to the game (it opens up later but teaches you new mechanics at the right pace). The combat is a lot more tense than arkham games where previously 50 enemies weren't a threat, here even less than 20 enemies can be devastating, and 3 or so leaders even more (though I've found strategies that can make it a lot easier). Stealthing around is actually less forgiving as well, but can be dealt with in a variety of ways. The respawning enemies made sure that you tackle areas carefully and correctly, or just run in and risk it, rather than carefully picking off an enemy at a time. Overall I loved it.

Mousecraft - polished puzzle game taking the idea of lemmings in a grid-based format and letting you alter the stage by dropping off tetris pieces of varying materials. The game introduces plentiful of game mechanics, makes good use of those mechanics, and quickly gets hard. No story though, but that isn't a point off for me. I'd recommend it for puzzle fans
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: January 28, 2015, 07:29:33 AM »

Shadow of Mordor - feels like a combo of AssCreed and Arkham games, but I feel it improves on both of their mechanics.

shadow of mordor is what i always wanted asscreed to be. also the nemesis system is so much fun. the only problem is that the missions really pale in comparison to just going around and assassinating orc leaders haha.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: January 28, 2015, 07:35:29 AM »

I remember seeing videos of ways nemesis system can do some interesting stuff, but that was way before I got the game, and I'm not sure what to do with it. It's still really neat seeing the ways they evolve, I had a captain who was pretty much invincible in an open field and I felt crushed and laughed.

And yeah some of the missions were forgettable compared to messing around with orc leaders, and pretty much just like the slave missions, but those hunting missions...
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: January 28, 2015, 08:32:03 AM »

I beat Transistor earlier this week (basically in one afternoon because the game is really short). It's odd, to say the least; the combat system is ostensibly real-time but encourages you to pause and schedule actions. I guess it's a bit like FTL in that regard, and I think it appeals more to people who like tactical games than people who like action games. If you try to play Transistor as an action game you'll probably lose; the key to success is using carefully designed plans to your advantage.

Also the story is... pretty good, but it's intentionally vague and I had no idea what I was doing for most of the game. You kinda have to delve into the hidden lore bits and think about it a lot to figure out what's going on. This may be good or bad depending on your point of view. It's very philosophical. Presentation is fantastic though, and

is one of the best video game songs I've ever heard.

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic