Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:45:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903468 times)
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6560 on: February 22, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »

It's right now when someone asks, "You keep talking about X, which one should I play?". It doesn't make the remake a terrible game, but if you feel the remake detracts at all and the grafix don't make up for it, the answer is pretty clear.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: February 22, 2015, 03:05:05 PM »

More Puzzle League today. I actually managed to beat her a few times! Like twice.

quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: February 22, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »

I haven't played the remake yet but I like where they're trying to go with adding more than one way to beat a boss. But then from what I've heard maybe it doesn't work out the best way??
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: February 23, 2015, 12:33:18 AM »

Yeah the Odolwa fight was downright depressing. I don't know if deku nut bombing is an exploit, like there's a harder version (I'm guessing not using the deku flowers). I can see some other changes that have streamlined the game and some feel like good decisions to prevent some annoyances in backtracking, but overall it seems like an alright modern remake to appeal to everyone. I like the way the bomber's notebook works now.

Just beat the Metroid Prime trilogy and it was magical. I think I liked 2 most although it had way too much backtracking for a metroid game if you're doubling back after every powerup. 3 was pretty bad in comparison to the rest. Kinda don't regret not playing this earlier since there are a bit fewer quality games nowadays and the trilogy got me hooked.

Trying out Shantae's Pirate Curse now too.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: February 23, 2015, 12:45:11 AM »

I wasn't aware of the possibility of using deku nuts, which is weird, considering there's a big deku flower in the middle of the room... Interesting.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: February 23, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »

I wasn't aware of the possibility of using deku nuts, which is weird, considering there's a big deku flower in the middle of the room... Interesting.
I wasn't either, I just used my bow when he came running.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6566 on: February 23, 2015, 07:25:10 PM »

I've been playing ZombiU.  The game is really good so far.  Really good at tense, bare bones survival horror.  Ammo is extremely scarce.  The level design is pretty good, although I wish it were a bit more open.  I wish there were more opportunities to explore and scrounge for items, and more side-paths to try to avoid zombies.  The game is comparatively generous with flares, which makes it seem like it wants the focus on distracting zombies and then going around them, but so much of the game so far takes place in hallways, so that's not really an option (although the moments where it is an option are pretty cool). 

The melee combat is (clearly intentionally) clunky and grueling, and in addition to their standard attack, zombies have a grab move which is a one-hit kill.  This means even one-on-one, fighting a zombie in melee requires you to be careful, pay attention, and keep your distance between hits.  Melee combat is extremely dangerous if you're fighting multiple enemies or backed up against a wall so you can't avoid the zombie's grab (and you're basically screwed if you ever become surrounded, as it should be).  But, again, the game seems to force you to go into melee for most of its encounters, when it seems like the combat system was designed around making melee something you want to avoid.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: February 23, 2015, 07:33:01 PM »

so when does the internet reach the point where "the remake does a few small things worse than the original" turns into "the remake is terrible"?

i know itll eventually happen because this is the internet gaming community we're talking about here.

It's not happening for majora, at least not yet, some minor disapointment but not outright this ruin the game, not only that but sales are real good

JWK5
« Reply #6568 on: February 23, 2015, 08:27:15 PM »

Dragon Quest 7

Playing a Dragon Quest game, any Dragon Quest game, immediately reminds me why I am so enthralled by video games.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6569 on: February 23, 2015, 11:30:28 PM »

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. Kinda disappointing so far, though I'm only at the first real case. The general spark seems gone and I'm having hard time getting actually interested in the story/characters. Maybe it gets better later.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6570 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:25 AM »

More two-player emulation yesterday: Mario Party 3 for N64 with two COM players as well. I've only tried like one of these games, for GC or so, half my life ago, and had sort of the impression that I didn't really enjoy the series, but I had fun. I won, but I wouldn't have if we weren't playing with the bonuses at the end.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: February 24, 2015, 04:05:21 AM »

Ok wat a hell.

I remember literally nothing about great bay temple. i certainly dont remember it looking like the interior of a spaceship from a 60s sci fi movie. i don't recall the water current puzzles either. This is like im playing a completely new game. How can my memory be this bad??
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: February 24, 2015, 04:18:22 AM »

don't forget stone tower is partially water temple too

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: February 24, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »

But now you can't freeze water everywhere, only in specified hand holding glowy spot Sad
Water temple are always my favorite temple

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: February 24, 2015, 09:23:03 AM »

Oh? That's dum.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: February 24, 2015, 09:49:47 AM »

u r the worst
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6576 on: February 24, 2015, 09:51:11 AM »

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. Kinda disappointing so far, though I'm only at the first real case. The general spark seems gone and I'm having hard time getting actually interested in the story/characters. Maybe it gets better later.

It doesn't really.  What it does do, however, is become increasingly dumb and goofy until it comes out the other side as entertaining.  

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: February 24, 2015, 12:39:16 PM »

u r the worst
hey dont bash my target audience

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: February 24, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland has some really great art direction and attention to detail. When you enter the town the villagers duck behind counters and slam shut doors as you approach, and refuse to even speak to you until you pay them. One woman is rattling something noisily until you get close, then she audibly slows down and glares at you. Even the town fountain dries up to a trickle as you get close, and silently compels you to throw in some money. Everyone has extremely detailed faces that are used when you engage in transactions, sometimes alarmingly so as you're greeted by the ashen grey visage of an old woman in town, glaring at you through sunken, dark eyes and demanding money in exchange for an almost trivial bit of information.

It's very definitely not a Zelda game, though, and doesn't mimic the gameplay of the other titles in even superficial ways.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: February 24, 2015, 06:00:06 PM »

i like the underwater part of the new gyorg fight. its a bit lame that they gave all the bosses more traditional zelda methods of beating them tho. also why did they use the same eyeball for every boss? that shit is just tacky.

btw it just occured to me that motion sickness from 3d might be a reason for the zora swimming redesign (i honestly dont remember what it was like in the original game. the whole great bay area and temple were just unmemorable to me i guess)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:07:17 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic