Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:14:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903205 times)
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6660 on: March 29, 2015, 09:12:01 PM »

I've just started playing Ziggurat. It's pretty great! I seem to remember one of you guys having a lot of criticisms of it, but everything about it feels really solid to me. Three rounds so far, and I'm getting better each time.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: March 30, 2015, 02:11:10 AM »

I've just started playing Ziggurat. It's pretty great! I seem to remember one of you guys having a lot of criticisms of it, but everything about it feels really solid to me. Three rounds so far, and I'm getting better each time.

i think that was me. i actually found the game very enjoyable to play, mainly because the core mechanics (i.e. the actual FPS part) and "gamefeel" are really spot on. i just had some nitpicks about levelgen balance problems and the randomness of certain drops and some other minor stuff iirc. the game has had several patches since i last played it tho, so maybe all of those problems are gone now. but yeah its a good game regardless, sorry if my posts gave you a different impression.
forwardresent
« Reply #6662 on: March 30, 2015, 02:35:28 PM »

Bit of Bloodborne, 2 bosses in, love it.

Started New N' Tasty, I like how it's the same but totally different, controls are a bit weird though.
opalsquad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: March 31, 2015, 06:03:23 AM »

Games I'm playing

Game of Thrones Episode 3
Started Replaying FF Tactics for the 200th time
Sadly, Dota 2

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6664 on: April 04, 2015, 08:01:08 PM »

i think that was me. i actually found the game very enjoyable to play, mainly because the core mechanics (i.e. the actual FPS part) and "gamefeel" are really spot on. i just had some nitpicks about levelgen balance problems and the randomness of certain drops and some other minor stuff iirc. the game has had several patches since i last played it tho, so maybe all of those problems are gone now. but yeah its a good game regardless, sorry if my posts gave you a different impression.

Wait I thought you were talking about this Ziggurat:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: April 04, 2015, 11:38:32 PM »

no, the FPS ziggurat
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6666 on: April 05, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »

Wait I thought you were talking about this Ziggurat:

same, i always have to mentally correct myself whenever i see people talking about this game.

ZiGGURAT owns, btw. it's back on the appstore now too so people can buy it again.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: April 06, 2015, 01:21:39 AM »

when i see the word ziggurat i think of ancient mesopotamian temples not dum vidyagams B)

fun fact: its been speculated that the biblical tower of babel was actually a ziggurat that collapsed

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6668 on: April 06, 2015, 03:36:45 AM »

I just finished Octodad, I know I'm really late to the party but that was a really cool title, unique mechanics, decent humor and great VO.
Perhaps the best thing about the game is the fact that it's one of very few these days that best fits a genre other than 'Action'

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: April 06, 2015, 05:24:52 AM »

I'm slowly getting back up to speed after my vacation (being offline for so long makes you feel stupid haha) and I think I have a decent grasp of what's been going on while I was gone. DS2 remake got released on Steam so I might be playing that soon. I also want to get in on the game club crusader thingy. It's daunting. I'll keep an eye on the thread in any case.

This past week I've mostly been playing Ori and the Blind Forest. It is a pretty solid contender for my favorite metroidvania of all time. I already finished it three times and I'm in the middle of a fourth run through it now. Game's fucking gorgeous, platforming is brutal but fair, and the story is a tearjerker of legendary proportions. Basically it is perfect in every meaningful way.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

Seems kind of crazy to release Scholar of the First Sin and Bloodborne so close to one another. They should have intentionally delayed Bloodborne by another 4 months just to grab the cash, right? Or am I missing something?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: April 06, 2015, 11:04:12 AM »

sotfs is multiplat
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: April 06, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »

I just finished Octodad, I know I'm really late to the party but that was a really cool title, unique mechanics, decent humor and great VO.
Perhaps the best thing about the game is the fact that it's one of very few these days that best fits a genre other than 'Action'
Octodad is too hard for me, pretty much the same thing with Surgeon Simulator though Wink

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: April 06, 2015, 04:52:10 PM »

Ridiculous Fishing on Android. It's ridiculous. Love the art style.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: April 06, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »

Mario's Picross 2, which was only released in Japan but got a recent translation.

It's the same thing as the first, but with a cute world map where you explore levels to find the nonograms. When you're done, you can see all your revealed pictures as you walk by them.

This demonstrates the principle that an average game can appear excellent just by adding an appealing interface.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6675 on: April 06, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »

I've been playing a bunch of Cities: Skylines lately. I'm currently trying to resolve traffic problems, which is going pretty well, I just need to have a better seperation between one residential area and my oldest industrial area. It's way too easy to sink a lot of time into that game.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: April 06, 2015, 07:45:31 PM »

This demonstrates the principle that an average game can appear excellent just by letting nintendo make it.
FIXED
That's a universal constant  Wizard

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: April 07, 2015, 03:05:20 AM »

I think both your and my statements are true.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: April 07, 2015, 04:00:41 AM »

Mario's Macross is much better imo
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: April 07, 2015, 05:32:26 AM »

100% LoZ 1st and 2nd quest, OoT3D MQ and Minish Cap, all fantastic games.

LoZ still stands up, although it might just be that I've been way into ZeldaClassic quests. 2nd quest dungeons are fantastic, there's nothing more satisfying that brutally slaughtering 9 blue darknuts without a scratch or escaping rooms full of wizzrobes.

MQ boss rush is the most tense thing in the game, ignoring the bullshit that is fishing. Even though the bosses in the game are easy, getting through it with 5 hearts and some bosses having timings/collisions you normally don't think about (volvagia's head coming out of the crater and doing like a heart or 2 damage, one of koume/kotake moving behind you when you need them in front) actually keeps you on the edge until you finish.

MC had very lackluster last 2 dungeons and collecting figurines are retarded but everything else is fantastic, including combat in those last 2 dungeons. Kinstone fusing is also a great addition

Also been playing Battle Trozei, one of the better match-3 games putting an emphasis on your motor skills over others while still having the same catch-em all charm of pokemon games.

BoxBoy is also a commendable puzzle game new to 3DS revolving around being able to create certain lengths of boxes from BoxBoy in different configurations to reach stars and exit door, with a lot of end-game content, especially for optimizers. It's more than worth its price.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic