Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:26:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903218 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6720 on: April 13, 2015, 03:36:14 AM »

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/living-card-games/

i didnt know  this was a thing and its got me a bit curious, f only for the novelty.

living card games is a stupid name tho

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: April 13, 2015, 04:39:59 AM »

The 'living' part refers to the card games being actual living entities that are predatory towards your wallet. This is why you should only go to your FLGS with a friend so you can have them stay outside with your money so you can browse without worry although I've heard that garlic works as well.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: April 13, 2015, 05:06:36 AM »

Great advice!

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6723 on: April 13, 2015, 05:29:36 AM »

I got a living card game for Christmas, 3 months and over £300 later I'm caught up.....until next month.

olücæbelel
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: April 13, 2015, 04:25:42 PM »

im playing the google pony express gam
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: April 14, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »

Minecraft Pocket Edition. Man this game has come a long way. Gives a very true Minecraft experience which is good for me considering my laptop can't even run the PC version  Shrug
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: April 16, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »

i caved in and bought cities: skylines. this is the best city builder ive played in ages and i havent even begun exploring the mods yet. THE HYPE IS REAL
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: April 16, 2015, 12:37:07 PM »

Hearthstone iPhone edition made me realise how much I hated ios games in general by providing a rare counter-example. I fucking hate the app store, it ate hundreds of dollar's worth of gift cards I could have spent on Steam instead.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: April 16, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »

i caved in and bought cities: skylines. this is the best city builder ive played in ages and i havent even begun exploring the mods yet. THE HYPE IS REAL

after playing more, im legit impressed with this game. it really IS what sim city 2013 should have been. but the coolest thing is, it doesnt feel like someone just cloned sim city and added stuff, it feels like a "real" sequel. they took the basic design of sim city and expanded on it in several smart ways. great.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: April 16, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »

It's made with unity  Shrug

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: April 16, 2015, 04:23:47 PM »

i should learn unity already

btw i just read somewhere that the kind of extensive modding support skylines has is pretty hard to pull off in unity, is this true?
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: April 16, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »

It's probably hard to implement modding in any game, but when you're working with a pre-made engine, then of course it's gonna take a bunch of work.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: April 16, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »

I don't know, I'm no expert. But it depend on what kind of modding, with what I know It doesn't sound that difficult but I never gone so far. modable code might be the most problematic, importing asset can be done with the WWW class, component allow for composition easily.

However if you want to use unity and are artistically challenge, there is enough good free stuff on asset store (and internet at large) to use as a starting point (modify, swap texture, etc...). For example you can use UMA (free) to set a character generator offline (or online) if you want to do a game with plenty npc. The more you understand 3D the more you empower to free yourself from graphism without being a competent artist (ie do a decent passable job), everything is swappable and reusable.

JWK5
« Reply #6733 on: April 16, 2015, 08:11:10 PM »

Bushido Blade 1 & 2, entertaining the idea of playing through Way of the Samurai 4. Intermittent bouts of Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Dark Souls 2, and Dragon Quest 7.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: April 17, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »

I just "finished" Fez, but I wasn't done. Had like 20% left to collect.

Very... interesting ending.

I got pissed for a second when I thought I couldn't continue my save file, but apparently new game + is my old save file but with sunglasses and an FP feature??

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6735 on: April 17, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »

apparently new game + is my old save file but with sunglasses and an FP feature??

This is correct.

Still loving Mario Picross 2. I love games that reward the player with new places to explore when you complete objectives, and nonograms are great.

Started playing Epic Mickey 1. I really dig the detail in the level design, especially Mickey Junk Mountain and the way they opted for actual Mickey merchandise and not just generic stuff. I stopped frequently to examine things in the background just to see them in more detail.

I don't care for the way how so many quests auto-fail if you progress a little. The task to collect mecha-goofy parts, for example, is spoiled by all the one-way doors in the zone that prevent backtracking to explore for pieces you missed. It's also a little awkward when a quest is abruptly completed by finding hidden gremlin. It'd be nice if I could just go back and explore the zone a second time.

Dying undoes progress in unpredictable ways. Gremlins stay rescued and tickets stay collected, but you lose key items. I lost out on a quest because I got the key item, died to something unrelated, and apparently lost the item before I left the zone.

The cartoon-themed platforming levels between zones are cute, but they really should have made the one between Mean Street and Oz Town skippable.

It's still a really fun game despite those few clumsy bits.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:47:18 PM by SirNiko » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: April 18, 2015, 02:25:23 AM »

Man, its TBS holiday on Steam.

Endless Legend has a free weekend and you can buy Eador or Disciples 2 for less than a buck(my regional prices are half of normal, but its still pretty ridiculous)

Although make sure to buy Eador:Genesis. Its pretty one-man game, another one is said to be a broken 3d-remake goop.

I also like how Disciples 2 has early press-release 2001 screenshot with beta stuff that didnt made it into the game. Those pseudo-Stratgy First honchos are real shady.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:36:43 AM by Cobralad » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: April 18, 2015, 03:01:43 AM »

Although make sure to buy Eador:Genesis. Its pretty one-man game, another one is said to be a broken 3d-remake goop.

the remake is the exact same game with nicer graphics (that said it looks much better on screenshots than in motion because the animations are megacrap), a small handful of additional content, a worse interface and way more bugs.

so yeah get the original.

the original eador is really good tho, one of my faves in the HoMM/Master of Magic/Kings Bounty mini-genre.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:09:11 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: April 18, 2015, 03:21:01 AM »

Well, first one is one-man indie production and second was picked up by a random studio, who are responsible for some mediocre games.
I remember having negative impression of announcement  because their PR guy just straight up started interview from saying "Eador was popular but looked like shit". Thats kinda rubbed everyone the wrong way.

Its sad the original designer is not going back, hes working on some card game now.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: April 18, 2015, 03:30:10 AM »

hmm? i thought the original guy was still involved with the remake somehow? guess not then. idk im not russian and i only discovered eador when it came to gog so not really aware of its history or anything.

btw the same devs are also developing that pirate mount & blade standalone mod thing that has many of the exact same problems as the eador remake. theyre just incompetent as fuck unfortunately.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic