Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:02:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902335 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: April 18, 2015, 03:53:27 AM »

He was probably involved in remake, its just the team. Their previous game, XII century, seems to be the same: competent but buggy.
Man, its kinda funny seeing people complain about broken modern games when i grew up playing all sorts of ex-USSR strategy/tactics game. At least AC:Unity wont brake your sound driver or crashes every minute. And Bloodbourne loading may take 45 seconds, but its not 5 minutes.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: April 18, 2015, 04:05:29 AM »

welp i grew up with german rpgs so my bug tolerance is very high lol. if a game doesnt at least crash every 10 minutes its not buggy. i played through the entirety of vampire bloodlines before any of the fan patches.

oh also everytime someone complains about how "terrible" uplay or even steam(!) DRM is, i fondly recall the glory days of starforce and securom where you couldnt play your legally bought game if you had a certain brand of disc drive or a certain type of antivirus installed. good times.

tbh im glad pc gaming has progressed to the point where it doesnt take an afternoon just to get a game to run.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:13:51 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: April 18, 2015, 07:37:30 AM »

glad i'm a nintendo fan where until recently everything run as intended and more! Who, Me?

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6743 on: April 18, 2015, 07:57:19 AM »

I've been attempting to play Risk of Rain. It's fun, but I feel like I'm missing something crucial, because combat seems totally impossible to survive a lot of the time. I'll get a group of enemies on me that I can't outrun, whose attack cooldowns are shorter than my defensive cooldowns. Sometimes they just teleport right into me if they feel like it. Since I can't shoot backward while I'm running away, I don't really have a way to lay any damage on them without taking a whole bunch myself. There's also the time pressure of increasing difficulty if I take my time and kill them slowly and safely.

How is this game meant to be played? Is it better balanced with more than one player? Maybe I just need to luck into a viable item build early and have it carry me through the rest of the game?

yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: April 18, 2015, 08:26:17 AM »

It's about momentum and the power-ups. Balance haste with the need to get more powerups quickly, as quickly as possible. Always be going to where you think the power-ups are, as quickly as possible. Some kind of healing/vampiric power is very useful. The game is as unfair as Isaac in terms of drops, but unlike Isaac, you can't just find that one good item (or get decent at dodging) to overcome your problems. Inertia is huge in Risk of Rain. That said, have you tried the Hunter? I found that character a bit easier to use.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: April 18, 2015, 09:04:42 AM »

That said, have you tried the Hunter?
Woah hoh, hold the horses. That man just started playing. I played a lot of Risk of Rain and beated it once as a Acrid and in not sure if i unlocked her.
Some people wont even unlock second character because Commando sucks ass big way. Other characters are crazy OP compared to him.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6746 on: April 18, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

Some people wont even unlock second character because Commando sucks ass big way. Other characters are crazy OP compared to him.

Really? I have Enforcer and Bandit unlocked, and I'm a hell of a lot worse at both than Commando. Not having the dodge roll makes mobility a serious problem...though maybe if I learned to use Bandit's smoke bomb better it would do the job. No Hunter yet, but I've seen how she plays and it looks a lot more manageable.

JWK5
« Reply #6747 on: April 18, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »

Finally beat Far Cry 4 with my wife, it was a fun ride full of enjoyable ridiculousness and cliche. Going to give HellDivers a go next.
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6748 on: April 22, 2015, 01:58:56 PM »

Not much at the moment. In my breaks from study/work I play Tales of Phantasia, Ys Origin and WoW. Want to play GTAV in PC, waiting for a Steam sale Tongue

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: April 23, 2015, 03:27:06 AM »

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is great for couch co-op, but just okay for everything else. The only thing it has in common with other R&C games is the humor and the controls - the weapon upgrade system is extremely simplistic, and exploration is constrained to a corridor.

As a single player game, it's just a linear sequence of simple puzzles and simple combat to support a series of humorous scenarios. The variety of the environments is nice, and you're kept engaged by the dialogue (such as television announcers commenting on an alien attack in the first level, a GlaDOS-like robotic overseer growing frustrated with your antics in the second, a young but experienced alien girl scout supporting you in the third, etc.) throughout each stage. The game leaps wildly from one section to the next, moving from chase scenes to a jetpack ride to piloting a spaceship often with only seconds of warning.

It has online coop, but you lose a lot if you get matched up with folks without mics, and it's common that people who join you will either have very minimal weaponry or will have already unlocked everything. Since combat is simple, though, this just serves to highlight how combat is mostly a meaningless distraction to the humor. The game's structure makes it easy to win even with strangers and no communication, though. Only in one scenario where you have to keep the group together to fly up a corridor did we get stuck and have some players drop to make things easier.

Where the game really shines is the couch co-op. The game is full of puzzles and action scenarios that force the players to work together. One section has the players working together to pilot a raft by grabbing a bunch of fans to guide it while others bail out bombs, another has you drag a light through a dark forest where your buddies have to grab crystals to keep it fueled and kill bugs that attack you. Even casual non-puzzles require teamwork, like grapple swings that require the team to grapple together into a long row, then grapple the next point in reverse order to keep going. It's simple, but it makes everyone stay engaged. The actual puzzles are designed with enough moving parts that everyone can find something to do to contribute.

The style is the same as Zelda: Four Swords, except with much less emphasis on puzzles and exploration and more on presenting the players with a long series of ridiculous scenarios. It's a really great choice if you're looking for something to play with a group of 3 or 4, especially if some of them are low-skilled players as the game falls on the easy side (so long as one player survives, other players simply respawn after a few seconds).

If you don't have a group, just play the other R&C games.
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6750 on: April 23, 2015, 04:48:22 PM »

Want to play GTAV in PC, waiting for a Steam sale Tongue

Not going to happen for a loooong time.
bitserum
« Reply #6751 on: April 24, 2015, 04:56:32 AM »

Playing The Talos Principle, reached the B world and I'm in love with it in every aspect so far. Sort of wish I had more steam buddies playing it for those QR codes lol.
Also picked up Uncanny Valley, it seems promising.
serg a
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: April 24, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »

Escape Saga - a splendid puzzle with neat graphics
Katsusiro_7
« Reply #6753 on: April 26, 2015, 02:44:26 PM »

I`m playing Pokemon Omega Ruby version and feeling that one more Pokemon game without some considerable changes in gameplay and I`m going to get sick of it...
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: April 27, 2015, 03:36:54 AM »

I bought Heavy Bullets in the roguelike Steam sale.

It's a pretty nice entry in the slowly growing "FPS roguelike" genre, though I still prefer Eldritch and Ziggurat.  It takes the mechanic from traditional roguelikes where you can pick up your arrows after you've shot them and applies it to a fast paced FPS. You have a fixed number of bullets you carry (initially 6, your gun is a six shooter) and once you've shot them, you have to pick them up again. No excessive ammo stockpiling in this game.   It's a good risk/reward mechanic, not least because you have very little health and the game is rather twitchy. So it rewards speed and precision. Other than that there are System Shock/Bioshock style vending machines and various consumable items.  Unfortunately, enemies are pretty basic (at least the ones ive seen) and levels are sometimes confusing to navigate (not least due to the art direction) and there's no map.

The art direction is minimalist and pretty inconsistent in its quality. In its best moments it reminds me of the sleekness of Killer7, in its worst moments (pretty much any in-game text) it reminds me of the kind of crappy freeware games people used to make with blitz and 3d gamestudio in the early to mid 00s.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6755 on: April 27, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »

GTA 5 is a lot of fun and the story is a lot better than I expected. The strengths & weaknesses plus special abilities all of the characters have makes them feel quite unique.

I love getting in a really fast car with Franklin, using his ability to boost the speed of a car and then turning it off to go hurtling down a street.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: April 28, 2015, 03:23:35 AM »

Titan Souls. It's alright, but pretty barren. Would be nice if there was more depth to the overworld. It's very short also. Music is great though, easily the best thing about the game.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: April 28, 2015, 05:33:05 AM »

what gta5 have over his predecessor that isn't bigger and more polish (or a different story)? and outside of online mode too. Not looking down on the game, asking for real.

yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: April 28, 2015, 05:36:27 AM »

Finally bought Nidhogg because it was 75% off. Paid $3 I think. $3 is the correct price point for Nidhogg. Fun to get inebriated and play with a friend, though.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: April 28, 2015, 08:57:02 AM »

inebriated

That's a word I've almost never seen written.

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic