Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:18:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894398 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6820 on: May 17, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »

I think the only gripe i have with sotn is no boss doors

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: May 18, 2015, 02:52:55 AM »

i bought the resident evil REmake on steam and its 18gig. when will console devs who port to pc learn how to properly compress files?? that said im looking forward to playing it. this is actually my first time, ive only played the original psx version and the ds port.

i also bought killer is dead in the humble store sale. its ok but suda's shtick is getting old: characters with "weird" names, "bizarre" dialog, pop culture references (those seem to be getting dumber and dumber btw), over the top anime bs, various tarantinoisms etc. etc. the writing is also really dum in places. i also miss the days when suda used weird and unexpected game mechanics for surreal effect like in killer 7, flower sun rain and (to a lesser extent) no more heroes. these days hes all about dressing traditional gameplay up in "weird" aesthetics and as a result the games feel more hollow. KID is a competent japanese action game except your health bar is a bunch of diamonds. so zany!!

oh also it has a dating sim minigame that is basically Creep Simulator 2015
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:03:19 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: May 18, 2015, 04:32:45 AM »

I really enjoyed KID whilst I was playing it but now I'm done with it I can't say that I care about it anymore. I come across one of those types of games every now and again, I call 'em Summer blockbusters. Another one is Darksiders 2 (and Call Of Pripyat whilst I'm at it). I hope that Suda's next game (well, next next game, the next one needs to be a HD re-release of K7 for Windows PC) has more too it and doesn't have graphics that have a glassy sheen because that was a bit much.

That mission with the tiger was fucking great though.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: May 18, 2015, 04:40:33 AM »

I hope that Suda's next game (well, next next game, the next one needs to be a HD re-release of K7 for Windows PC) has more too it and doesn't have graphics that have a glassy sheen because that was a bit much.

don't hold your breath, suda jumped the shark ages ago. i think his next game is gonna be some grimdark multiplayer thing?

if i'm really honest about this, killer 7 is his only game that i would say is excellent and that was probably partly due to mikami's involvement (tho shadows of damned which is also a suda/mikami collab is mediocre as heck so idk).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:11:28 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: May 18, 2015, 04:49:23 AM »

i think his next game is gonna be some grimdark multiplayer thing?
We don't need to breathe where we're goin'.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6825 on: May 18, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »

every character in killer is dead is either Standard Suda51 Character or Pop Culture Reference. i mean there's a character called Moon River who looks like audrey hepburn ffs.
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: May 18, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »

I've started playing Planescape: Torment some time ago. I've always wanted to know if the game is actually good if you avoid combat, so I put my starting points mainly on charisma, with int and wis as secondary stats, and avoided reading any spoilers. I've had weird experiences so far, and ask the help of planescape lovers. (mild spoilers ahead) First: with the exception of the first area, its not true that you can avoid combat, unless avoid means running from a bunch of thiefs as you try to make your way to a npc or a house. Its really clunky and weird, I wish I had made a combat character just to smash those annoying guys and experience the areas without been in a hurry. Second: there's sooo much text. It's something of a genre convention, I know, but everytime I get in a new area there's a million npcs full of dialogue and it can be a little frightening and tiring. There's a guy in the bar with the fire guy that has a huge amount of text about planes and stuff. I read all of that, but I can't stop wondering if there isn't a better way to give that knowledge to the player without all the infodump. Not all of the quests have non combat solutions and its hard to know which one has and which one hasn't until you're already close to the end (like the necromancer raising the dead that you have to kill)

I'm now in an undead underground city and have to find an artefact in some catacombs. The rats over there are really strong and  running from enemies stopped being an option. I'm enjoying the overall story and the setting, but these things annoy me, and I don't know if I'm actually playing this game in the best way to enjoy it.  
Hitrison
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6827 on: May 18, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »

@SousaVilla
I tried playing PS:T with as little combat as possible, too.  If I recall correctly, most of the game is kind of doable that way, but it gets pretty hard to avoid late in the game (there was a lot of running :D ). The story/dialogue were always more interesting, and I thought the combat was a little weird/unbalanced.  Still a great game, though.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: May 19, 2015, 02:53:21 PM »

i bought the resident evil REmake on steam and its 18gig.

Wait isn't that just a port of the GC one?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: May 19, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »

hd remaster of the gamecube one

its also extremely poorly optimized and locked to 1 rendering resolution which causes a lot of unnecessary performance issues.
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6830 on: May 19, 2015, 10:59:26 PM »

So I finally sat down with Guacamelee, since it's a PS Plus game. Holy crap, I had no idea what I was missing. It's definitely scratching an itch for me. I love games with sections that initially feel really hard, but that I somehow breeze through if I leave and come back to the game later. Getting close to the end, and it feels like a really satisfying game length, too.

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: May 20, 2015, 06:05:35 AM »

Great soundtrack, too.
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6832 on: May 20, 2015, 12:04:48 PM »

Great soundtrack, too.

Yeah, no kidding. I love the little touches they did to differentiate the living and dead world soundtracks.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: May 20, 2015, 06:08:06 PM »

so has anyone played witcher 3? i have two questions about it

1. will i like this if i couldnt get into witcher 2 (mainly because combat and linearity)?

2. do i have to complete w2 to make sense of the story?

thx in a dvance
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: May 20, 2015, 06:25:04 PM »

1. will i like this if i couldnt get into witcher 2 (mainly because combat and linearity)?

thx in a dvance
I want to know who witchers the witchair.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: May 21, 2015, 12:05:08 AM »

I played Drakula Kid game for NES. It is something else.
Its turned out to be the best old-school Castlevania game.
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6836 on: May 21, 2015, 11:59:43 AM »

thx in a dvance

Just got it, installing on the PS4 as I type, will report back if nobody beats me to it.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6837 on: May 21, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »

thx in a dvance
Witcher 2 was still inherently bad at point 1 so Witcher 3 will follow the trend. From a gamestar test the controls are meh, clunky with k+mouse and acceptable with joypad. You also level up too quickly through side quests.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: May 24, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »

im playing xenoblade 3ds. amazing handheld port aside from some ugly textures. they actually managed to fit the entire huge game onto a 3ds cart and also preserve the draw distance.

also the sequel seems to be getting some negative reception in japan for its online features but it sounds good to me. would probably buy if i had a wii u.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: May 24, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »

How is the New 3DS? I fooled around with the nub-stick for a while in a store, but I wonder how it feels over longer term. The buttons also feel a lot more comfortable. If they come out with a New 3DS only game that I want, I might wind up picking it up because it seems like it'd be a nice upgrade.

I got Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder for the 3DS by using my Nintendo Points. You do mini-games to earn points (things like Guess the Length, or a game where you try to efficiently clean a room with limited energy to act), and then spend the points to buy "film" with a little silhouette of some common item you have to photograph with the 3DS's ridiculously low resolution camera.

It was kind of boring at first, but then when visiting family I got my brother and his wife involved. It turned into an incredibly fun group activity figuring out what item we were supposed to photograph, hunt through the house for one of those, and then struggle to fit the precise silhouette. We spent three hours folding t-shirts to adjust sleeve length, drawing lines on paper towels to make them fit the length in the photo, and photographing things with a good camera, using photoshop to manipulate the image, then photographing them on the computer screen. Every time we managed a 100% on a photo, we cheered loudly and admired our 0.3 megapixel masterpieces as they were cutely rendered into 3D.

We played until the batteries on the 3DS died. I went ahead and did the single player minigame parts to accumulate a bunch of points and buy a bunch more film so we can do another session next time we get together.

Absolutely would not recommend as a solo game, but as a party game it's worth a shot. If they made a sequel with a higher resolution camera that ditched all the non-camera parts, I'd buy it in a heartbeat for a "play with the family" game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:33:29 PM by SirNiko » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic