Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:17:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902970 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7140 on: July 25, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »

http://www.miniclip.com/games/motherload/en/
Playing Motherload with my younger brother (hes like 13) and we're having a blast. I love it when he says "You don't have enough fuel!!!" and I keep digging only to come up to the surface with seconds to spare to fill up my fuel tank. Good times.

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7141 on: July 25, 2015, 02:03:22 PM »

Hmmm, never heard of Taito Legends 2! I might have to get a copy of that! I loved Raystorm to death, but my nephew literally broke my PSOne disc (he sat down on the disc, not his fault, the disc was on the couch, where it shouldn't have been Sad and he didn't see it before jumping down on it with the force of a thousand suns).

Sounds like a plan for weekend gaming Smiley  Beer!

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: July 25, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »

Hmmm, never heard of Taito Legends 2! I might have to get a copy of that! I loved Raystorm to death, but my nephew literally broke my PSOne disc (he sat down on the disc, not his fault, the disc was on the couch, where it shouldn't have been Sad and he didn't see it before jumping down on it with the force of a thousand suns).

Sounds like a plan for weekend gaming Smiley  Beer!

I sort of prefer RayForce/Layer Section if you've never played that -- it was on the Saturn and the PC version of TL2, but not the PS2 version (similarly, RayStorm isn't in the PC version of TL2). RayCrisis was really well received in general but it wasn't /quite/ my bag. Oh, RayStorm got a remastered 360 version too, which also doesn't have the weird jankiness the PSX version has. Playing the TL2 version in PCSX2 with upscaling is pretty much the same thing though I guess.

Saturn version of RayForce is sort of goofy though, cause you have to play it in TATE mode. Because playing it in normal orientation gets rid of a lot of the parallax stuff so the backgrounds look kind of bad. Not an issue if you're using SSF, though, although you need to fiddle with stuff to get the input lag to an acceptable level.

The Alltynex games are great too -- Kamui's very Ray-whatevery. They're on Steam as well.

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7143 on: July 25, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »

I sort of prefer RayForce/Layer Section if you've never played that -- it was on the Saturn and the PC version of TL2, but not the PS2 version (similarly, RayStorm isn't in the PC version of TL2). RayCrisis was really well received in general but it wasn't /quite/ my bag. Oh, RayStorm got a remastered 360 version too, which also doesn't have the weird jankiness the PSX version has. Playing the TL2 version in PCSX2 with upscaling is pretty much the same thing though I guess.

Saturn version of RayForce is sort of goofy though, cause you have to play it in TATE mode. Because playing it in normal orientation gets rid of a lot of the parallax stuff so the backgrounds look kind of bad. Not an issue if you're using SSF, though, although you need to fiddle with stuff to get the input lag to an acceptable level.

The Alltynex games are great too -- Kamui's very Ray-whatevery. They're on Steam as well.

Going to check Steam ASAP then, and I'll try to find those games you mentioned. I only played RayStorm and RayCrisis, liked them both, but I'm always looking for new shoot 'em ups!

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: July 25, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »

I'd LIKE to say I'm playing the street fighter 5 beta. It's been perpetually inaccessible since the beta started.

MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: July 25, 2015, 07:06:25 PM »

Going to check Steam ASAP then, and I'll try to find those games you mentioned. I only played RayStorm and RayCrisis, liked them both, but I'm always looking for new shoot 'em ups!

There's also Crimzon Clover and XIIZeal fwiw.

The PC version of Raiden Fighter Aces is broken, though, unfortunately Sad

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: July 26, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

Finally beat Mirolak in Bloodborne. I was stuck on that for 2 months. Mainly because I would get invaded in less than 2 mins most of the time.

I ended up beating him myself.

kimcheecat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7147 on: July 27, 2015, 07:49:17 PM »

I'm currently addicted to BANISHED. Sooo good! Tongue

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/

Nefer
Writer & Community
ndxpgames.com
MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: July 28, 2015, 03:51:10 PM »

Copy of Taito Legends 2 started crashing on G Darius. WTF universe what do you have against my blowing up giant fish. Oh welp, should still be in the return period.

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: July 28, 2015, 05:38:14 PM »

I have been playing The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and I have to say it very fun and addicting. I think I just hit 40 hours in my steam profile on it. I will say a good 20 is from the past week or two.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: July 31, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »

The Fallout new vegas Old World Blues DLC has a fun premise and some zany dialog. Unfortunately its also pretty much a pure shooting gallery (so far).
JWK5
« Reply #7151 on: August 01, 2015, 02:52:50 AM »

Wife made me get a new phone (as my old brick disintegrated), it is some windows 8.1 touchscreen thingy.

Anyways, I am getting the hang of playing SNES games on it. It is a lot easier than I'd thought it would be using the virtual buttons, I am doing admirably well making my way through Castlevania 4.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: August 01, 2015, 03:27:30 AM »

The Fallout new vegas Old World Blues DLC has a fun premise and some zany dialog. Unfortunately its also pretty much a pure shooting gallery (so far).

it also uses literally the lamest length padding trick in the book: "Ok so you played through this dungeon, now play through a harder version of the exact same dungeon again". The quest design is really not very good in this, esp compared to the (imo stellar) main game. Shame because the dialog is well acted and appropriately campy and has some genuine laughs. Some of the crazy weapons are also fun i guess.
forwardresent
« Reply #7153 on: August 02, 2015, 12:57:07 AM »

Also going through Old World Blues right now, it has been pretty much just shoot everything so far, or punch everything when I run out of ammo.

Haven't had much time to play anything with work but I got to play some Rocket League the other day and it was pretty neat.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7154 on: August 02, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »

Etrian Odyssey IV is great and makes me wanna do an oldschool dungeon crawler one day. That is all.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
MeshGearFox
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7155 on: August 02, 2015, 03:54:37 PM »

Been playing Tail Concerto because of my weird fetish for oldschool polygons. Not quite as easy as Solatorobo, which is nice (although I don't care if action RPGs are easy, really).

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: August 02, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »

Etrian Odyssey IV is great and makes me wanna do an oldschool dungeon crawler one day. That is all.
I'd say it improves on the gameplay of the previous titles in every possible way. It also has a

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7157 on: August 02, 2015, 10:37:12 PM »

1. if i haven't really played an EO game before should i get untold or iv?
2. i like kirby's adventure more than super mario bros. 3. have been playing both recently. might be a nostalgic thing but i enjoy kirby way more. i'll admit super mario bros 3 is the better game though.

bitserum
« Reply #7158 on: August 03, 2015, 12:11:45 AM »

I prefer Kirby games to Mario overall, especially the newer (wii) stuff feels better designed, albeit the difficulty curve is often lame (easy) in Kirby.

I'm playing Road to Gehenna - expansion for the Talos principle, and loving it every bit as much as the original.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: August 03, 2015, 06:01:03 AM »

The crafting system in FFXIV is really impressive. I'd venture to guess that it's one of the best, but I have not played enough MMOs to tell.

The fact that each type of crafting is its own character class, and even has its own storyline, drives home the point that you could play this game just for the crafting and it would still be a fulfilling experience. It feels like you're fighting a combat against the recipe, using various skills to ensure that the item survives the attempt and comes out with as much quality as possible. There is also a big reward for those who dedicate themselves to crafting because you can combine skills from several different disciplines to improve your chances.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic