Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:25:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894346 times)
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: October 15, 2015, 10:22:43 AM »

A little bit of Deus Ex: Revision. I got too used to Phantom Pain style stealth so DX style stealth is killing me! Now there's snipers in Liberty Isle (as well as loads of NSF, they're swarming the place) or I got seen by someone and didn't notice which is easy since there's all this extra detail getting in the way and night is almost pitch black. Castle Clinton looks great and Hell's Kitchen has been so heavily expanded it's like it's a totally different place.

This is going to take some getting used to.

From the short trailer I checked out yesterday it looks much the same but I guess I'd have to see it for myself. I like the look of the original just fine though.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7521 on: October 15, 2015, 11:27:29 AM »

Still goofing around in Happy Home Designer. It's really delightful. I also bought Tomodachi Life recently and am enjoying it. If anyone's got a Mii they want to trade, hit me up with a QR code. I also started the Ace Attorney trilogy again after finishing up Layton Vs. Wright.

But since last night, all I can even think about playing is DOWNWELL. It's so friggin' good. If you've got an iOS device or a PC it's a no-brainer at $3. One of the best post-Spelunky games I've played.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: October 15, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »

But since last night, all I can even think about playing is DOWNWELL. It's so friggin' good. If you've got an iOS device or a PC it's a no-brainer at $3. One of the best post-Spelunky games I've played.

that one wasn't on my radar at all. looked like a generic runner-type game from screenshots. will check out now.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: October 15, 2015, 03:14:22 PM »

A little bit of Deus Ex: Revision. I got too used to Phantom Pain style stealth so DX style stealth is killing me! Now there's snipers in Liberty Isle (as well as loads of NSF, they're swarming the place) or I got seen by someone and didn't notice which is easy since there's all this extra detail getting in the way and night is almost pitch black. Castle Clinton looks great and Hell's Kitchen has been so heavily expanded it's like it's a totally different place.

This is going to take some getting used to.

From the short trailer I checked out yesterday it looks much the same but I guess I'd have to see it for myself. I like the look of the original just fine though.
It varies, I've come across a few areas that only look like they've been re-textured like the apartments at the 'Ton and the airfield section and some of the tunnels that lead up to LaGuardia but everything else has had the go over. It's still the same game under all of that, Shifter and Biomod are included if you like those mods but you won't be getting any GMDX level of changes to the core experience.

There's been this whole brouhaha over the release with Steam listed as one of the requirements but that's not actually necessary. That's the way I'm doing it and the only hiccup I've encountered is menu lag which is great because major mod releases like this usually aren't this stable.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7524 on: October 16, 2015, 01:11:59 AM »

I bought the Tomb Raider reboot a while ago (last Christmas Steam sale maybe?) finally got around to applying it to my account and installing it.
I'm surprised at how nicely crafted it is, the pacing seems to be spot on and the story hooks apply just the right amount of pressure. I don't feel rushed, and although I want to explore side missions, the main story keeps urging me on with the cliffhanger bits so I feel like "Oh but I really need to do X". The sense of urgency that the story conveys is perfect. I understand now why Ms. Pratchett got so much praise for this title, and imho she deserves it.
The level design has been really nice, until this part that I just got to, the Shantytown. I'm afraid that the game will fall apart from here.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: October 17, 2015, 02:40:17 AM »

that one wasn't on my radar at all. looked like a generic runner-type game from screenshots. will check out now.

downwell is indeed very nice. my only problem is that its a cave story ripoff (at least art-wise)

EDIT: wow you weren't wrong in your assessment. definitely the best action "roguelite" ive played on mobile. to me it feels like a cross between ridiculous fishing and the very underappreciated locomalito game viriax, with a bit of nuclear throne (upgrade system, frantic pacing) and spelunky (destructible environments) thrown in, all distilled into a 3 button mobile gam. it's neat as heck.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:26:32 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: October 17, 2015, 05:39:50 AM »

downwell is indeed very nice. my only problem is that its a cave story ripoff (at least art-wise)

EDIT: wow you weren't wrong in your assessment. definitely the best action "roguelite" ive played on mobile. to me it feels like a cross between ridiculous fishing and the very underappreciated locomalito game viriax, with a bit of nuclear throne (upgrade system, frantic pacing) and spelunky (destructible environments) thrown in, all distilled into a 3 button mobile gam. it's neat as heck.

Looks more like a Probability 0 / Metroid to me. Wink
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: October 17, 2015, 01:35:32 PM »

Invisible Inc

It's Deus Xcom and I like it quite a bit so far. Nice art and good voice acting too. Let's see if the mechanics stay interesting over the course of a campaign.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: October 17, 2015, 03:15:31 PM »

... the only hiccup I've encountered is menu lag...
Oh, and getting stuck in Hong Kong but I got myself unstuck so no biggie.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: October 17, 2015, 08:04:12 PM »

Invisible Inc's got a lot going on. I got it in early access, and I still get a session going now and then.

Anyone know when the Android version of Downwell is getting released? I've been playing it on the ole PC, but it'd be nice on the phone. Warping War Pig is another fun one on phones.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7530 on: October 19, 2015, 07:16:35 PM »

I finished The Real Texas. What a superb game. There were a couple of optional subplots that I didn't quite manage to wrap up, and I'm debating whether to go back for them... The main story kept on surprising me right up until the end. Somehow, the quirkiness of it all stayed fresh throughout the entire experience.

For being the work of just one person (other than music), it's pretty incredible and inspiring. Psysal is a super cool guy.

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7531 on: October 20, 2015, 04:46:32 PM »

Playing through a Link Between Worlds. Doing another playthrough on Hero Mode which has been insane. Game is still amazing as the first time I played... but that baseball mini-game can go... uh, yeah.

Wondering what I should play after this. I have Final Fantasy 7 (Which I've never played), Metroid Prime Trilogy, Minish Cap, and I plan on getting Wooly World.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: October 20, 2015, 04:51:56 PM »

Dude, you should play Metroid Prime.

Also, ALBW on hard mode reminded me of Dark Souls for some reason.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: October 20, 2015, 05:50:31 PM »

Metroid Prime is a game everyone should play.

I saw a speedrun of Wario Land: Shake It and it made me want to play it again, so I did. I didn't realize that was by the same guys who did Kirby's Epic Yarn, but it makes so much sense now that I realize it. Now I'm stoked for Wooly World, but probably will wait a little before I get it. I really need to play Vanquish first.

Hempuli put out a free update to Environmental Station Alpha so I went back to play that too.

I liked the demo for Tri Force Heroes, though, so I think I'll pick that up next. The multiplayer reminds me a bit of Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS, with its simple chat and friendly coop. Tapping the pom-poms icon to cheer on an ally is so satisfying.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: October 20, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »

Although visually the gamecube prime version is MILES above the wii version Sad
but control are better in wii version Huh?

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7535 on: October 20, 2015, 06:39:30 PM »

Looks like Metroid is next on my list. Not too long ago, I actually got a copy of Zero Mission. Pretty good, but getting some of the items for 100% was a real pain. There was a part where you had to do precise shinesparks and hold the charge by ducking, repeatedly. And it required you to do things the game never taught you...which I didn't like. Not a great game to 100% but still thought it was great overall. Still like Super better.

Haven't touched Prime yet but I know it's great. Though Echoes worries me with 100%ing it.

Hero Mode on ALBW hasn't been too hard. I usually get all the stuff available to me under these circumstances as soon as possible (such as heart pieces and bottles). The toughest point so far was when I went on Death Mountain and being attacked by Lionels. Even with 8-9 hearts, I was one shotted not just by their fire but by simply touching them! But still haven't had a game over, but that was the closes I came to one. My route for Lorule Dungeons is set up so I get as much protection and attack as quickly as possible. so it goes Thieves Hideout, Water Temple, Sand Temple, Palace of Darkness, Skull Woods, TurtleRock, Ice Palace.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: October 21, 2015, 02:36:57 AM »

Played my second game of Forbidden Stars last night and I'm p. sure this is my favorite 1v1 board game at this point.

In retrospect I think it's unfair to complain about the box insert. Even without an insert, this game is really easy to setup and play. While there are a lot of minis and tokens, they divide neatly into their own factions so you never pull out anything from the box that you don't need for the game. It's very efficient: It has exactly as many components as it needs and nothing more.

As always, I'm worried that if I play too well then I might scare off the people that would otherwise want to play with me. But it seems like my friend was having fun despite my landslide victory. Tongue

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: October 21, 2015, 02:48:47 AM »

what's the box insert like anyway? just the standard FFG cardboard thing? i usually take these out bc its impossible to properly store anything in them.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: October 21, 2015, 02:52:49 AM »

what's the box insert like anyway? just the standard FFG cardboard thing? i usually take these out bc its impossible to properly store anything in them.
Yep! It goes directly into the trash.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: October 21, 2015, 03:09:55 AM »

i have an older version of arkham horror (mid 00s) which still has a proper plastic insert. RIP.

otoh they're probably spending the money they save on inserts on better components so i'm ok with it. Tongue

you're making want to play forbidden stars btw
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic