Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

999255 Posts in 39205 Topics- by 30615 Members - Latest Member: AlecKelley

April 22, 2014, 11:37:20 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 353
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 270557 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #2460 on: February 16, 2013, 07:11:51 AM »

Played Zooming Secretary and Russian Roulette for the NES when trying out some NES homebrew games.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #2461 on: February 16, 2013, 08:38:36 AM »

http://leapdaygame.com/

This is really fun. It's sort of like SpaceChem with online co-op.

You build little circuits of road around a map to gather resources, then build factories in the proper place to ensure your resources get turned into more valuable resources you can sell for more. When you hit your limit on gold, you can either delete some infrustructure (getting your money back with no apparent loss) or just log out and come back later, since your gold will accumulate over time even when logged out.

You start out with a little zone of control around your palace, and you build 'fire towers' to melt ice and gain access to more space and resources (but then you have to build a longer network of roads to get resources back to the palace to make money). The goal is to expand out to the lair of one of several boss monsters on the map and then build a circuit that delivers a specific good to them to defeat them and unlock some randomized treasure (which might unlock cranes for swapping goods, or things like that).

Each map features several players who work together to defeat the bosses, and I think you share treasure if you manage to defeat one. While the day/night cycle (which replenishes resources on the map) takes only a minute, the boss will be available only for a few real-world days, after which the game ends and you have to start a new map. Everything in the game benefits cooperation, and building goods then transferring them to another player to sell ensures both players get a cut of the final sale, so the total gold earned on a traded good is more for both players than if you simply sold it yourself.

The game is financed by microtransactions, which can let you buy some advanced items (like faster roads, more cranes, new factory types) without unlocking them in-game (these seem to be slowly consumed over multiple games, like winning 'stone roads' lets you use them in 40 games before you re-buy them, which seems like they'd last a long time). This also lets you play multiple games at the same time, whereas free-to-play players can only play one game at a time.

The whole thing is cute, has lovely art, and a fun mechanic that is really a far cry from other MMOs.

I think I'll be playing a lot of this over the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:17:35 AM by SirNiko » Logged
Tanner
Level 10

~gene~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2462 on: February 16, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »

I want that on my iPad.

I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening when school allows. Other than that, I've been playing Jelly no Puzzle (holy FUCK this is hard) at work and BaraBariBall with my fraternity bros.

JigxorAndy
Level 5

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2463 on: February 16, 2013, 11:22:21 PM »

I bought Teleglitch today and played it for quite a while. I'd highly recommend it if you're into shooters. Really satisfying combat system and a lot of fun! Pretty difficult to get far into it though.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
forwardresent
Level 5

UNINTENTIONALLY DEADPAN.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2464 on: February 17, 2013, 02:48:14 AM »

I bought Teleglitch today and played it for quite a while. I'd highly recommend it if you're into shooters. Really satisfying combat system and a lot of fun! Pretty difficult to get far into it though.

This game is terrifying.

I've played nothing but Evochron Mercenary. IT'S SO GOOD. I also started X3 Terran Conflict.
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2465 on: February 17, 2013, 04:05:22 AM »

Battlefield 3, Lego: Lord Of The Rings and Oblivion = my gaming list now.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

tomek_grochowiak@op.pl
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2466 on: February 17, 2013, 08:31:47 AM »

Got Patapon 2 for like 10 bucks. Unfortunately, it's way too grindy to be fun for me. Weird, as the first one was just right.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCubeBlog | Twitter | Facebook
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: February 17, 2013, 08:59:38 AM »

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08:48 PM »

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2469 on: February 17, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »

system shock 2, just released on gog. very fun, wish I had played it sooner. also, very scary.
evelynjolie
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 17, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »

i paly darksiders 2. its darksiders 1 but with beter level design and worse everything else. by beter level design i mean its jsut better structured than the first but the dungeons are like twilight princess level of boring. luckily da combat is still the same. loot, skill tree, and dialogue tree in this game are pointlessly tacked on but i guess thats the charm of darksiders, pointless features copied from other games.

it get 2.5 dums out of 5 dums

my website/tumblr (devlog): http://evajolli.com/
mrKaizen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2471 on: February 17, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »

I'm playing.. not so much, most of my time I'm on my games dev.
But on the toilet :D I enjoy Super Hexangon, canabalt HD (again) and Retro racing.

Friday I bought and finish -_-' the new karateka, from steam. I was disappointed, I was hoping that the game was good but it isn't.
A bit boring, the same thing again and again, and in 30 min THE END, which is not a bad thing after all, but if the gameplay is not good it plays a important role in my personal review.

--
ALberto Doriguzzi Bozzo > mrKaizen
Dev: THE BODY CHANGER - EFFING DEAD - COLOSSUS ESCAPE
http://www.theshortandthetall.com/
@tsatt_team
Fifth
Level 10

yoster_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2472 on: February 18, 2013, 05:54:48 PM »

stopped by at the gamestop near my house after work and picked up raw danger for a buck! it's pretty darned sweet.

Aw man!  My friend and I are going through that game right now!  It's an interesting and peculiar one, for sure.

I'm going through the Jill of the Jungle games right now, a trio of DOS-era shareware platformers by Epic (Mega)Games.  I had only ever played the first one as a kid (many times), as it was the free game of the series.  So I finally got around to trying the other two.

The second one was very strange, as it felt more like a stream-of-consciousness thing, with levels just kinda occurring and flowing into one another, as opposed to the thoroughly-planned structure of the first game.  It made for a very interesting experience.
The third one seems more organized again, but it crashed on me partway through (and I had never saved), so I'll have to give it a proper look again later.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2473 on: February 18, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »

loot, skill tree, and dialogue tree in this game are pointlessly tacked on

Ugh, I hate how so many games are adding shallow RPG elements these days (*cough* Farcry 3 *cough*)!

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not really playing anything right at the moment. Was thinking of trying the new Painkiller game out of morbid curiosity...

EDIT 2: Painkiller is quite bad.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:04:25 AM by Derek » Logged
evelynjolie
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: February 19, 2013, 01:37:20 AM »

trying halo 4 again since they added "throwdown playlist". i dont have a strong opinion on the weapons, the ordinance drops, or whatever else is controversial with this game but basically all those things are fixed here. i only played mlg mode in reach cos it was almost an idiot free zone in terms of skill level and hoping its the same with 4

unfortunately i cant get a full 4v4 game because 343 somehow managed to screw up everything about the matchmaking system. ill keep trying lol

my website/tumblr (devlog): http://evajolli.com/
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 353
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic