Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1047671 Posts in 42472 Topics- by 34323 Members - Latest Member: solowebnv

September 30, 2014, 03:55:45 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 297
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 340437 times)
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »

Bomberman with up to 1000 players? Cray

http://bombermine.com/#/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:28:02 AM by Mono » Logged

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: February 28, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »

I just cleared Touhou 6 without continues on Normal. Well, hello there!

Had previously 1cc'd 7,8,10,12. I bet I could try some on Hard now, maybe give the extra stages a proper shot...
BLAMBO
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #2543 on: February 28, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

Anyone play that mmo War Thunder yet?

ClayB
« Reply #2544 on: February 28, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »

@Sundownkid: I totally see the appeal, I'm probably just having a bad time because my co-op pal is playing it begrudgingly and we're on the ps3 (which from I hear, is the inferior version).
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2545 on: February 28, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »

@Sundownkid: I totally see the appeal, I'm probably just having a bad time because my co-op pal is playing it begrudgingly and we're on the ps3 (which from I hear, is the inferior version).

I have no fun playing FPS with a controller, I always buy my FPS or TPS on the PC, so I can't comment on that. I always played co-op with online buddies and/or strangers, and never had any problems with it.

ClayB
« Reply #2546 on: February 28, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »

Understandable, console versions' frame rates take a shit very frequently.
todd
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2547 on: February 28, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »

wasteland kings

eyes all the way

i think i'm done though

keelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2548 on: February 28, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »

the amount of hype in no way prepared me for how much dark souls would have its hooks in me. whoever it was that first had the thought "discerning complex combat mechanics through trial and error" would make a fun game is...a genius.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:47:53 PM by keelo » Logged
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2549 on: February 28, 2013, 08:52:06 PM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26388.0

^dark souls discussion thread here

the game has been a pretty huge hit on these forums in particular. lots of us have done tons of pvp matches with each other, and a few have even gone through the entire game in special co-op runs c:

BRAINGALE
1% inspiration, 99% desperation
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2550 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »

I'm playing Shootmania,
I think it's really cool that the trackmania guys made a quake-like shooter, so far it's pretty fun, i need to find more time to try it though

ThemsAllTook
Level 10

Alex Diener

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2551 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »

With all the raving I hear here and elsewhere about Dark Souls, I wonder if I should skip Demon's Souls and go straight to its sequel. I'm having a lot of fun with Demon's Souls as it is, but if Dark Souls is everything it is and better, maybe I shouldn't even bother with the first one?
Ridley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »

With all the raving I hear here and elsewhere about Dark Souls, I wonder if I should skip Demon's Souls and go straight to its sequel. I'm having a lot of fun with Demon's Souls as it is, but if Dark Souls is everything it is and better, maybe I shouldn't even bother with the first one?

Typically when I make an effort to play games sequentially, even if the latter makes huge improvements over the first, as was the case in Oblivion followed by Skyrim, Mega Man followed by Mega Man 2, I don't regret it. It actually enriches the experience if true, and gives the improvements more meaning. And as you said, you're having fun with Demon's Souls. If you haven't played Dark Souls, you shouldn't let the supposed improvements mean anything to you until you move on, and rightfully so. No reason to cut a fun time short. Because it would do a lot worse to go back to it afterwards, when the flaws become glaring.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2553 on: February 28, 2013, 11:22:32 PM »

I never actually played Demon's Souls, though I plan to when I have time. I just have Dragon's Dogma to get through first, unless I sell that and go straight to the other  Cheesy

Dark Souls has nothing to do with the former, so it should not be a spoiler if you play it. I recommend finishing the first, though.

Dark Souls format seems to be more interesting than just a series of worlds from a hub. But, I did hear that it has more of a plot, so I will probably like it.

C.A. Silbereisen
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: March 01, 2013, 02:09:19 AM »

i personally prefer dork soles but it's not that much better.

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: March 01, 2013, 02:36:17 AM »

I just play whatever engages me. Rules don't matter.
keelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2556 on: March 01, 2013, 03:31:23 AM »

It's weird, I've actually been avoiding most internet discussion about it. Partially because I feel like the game is knowledge gated a lot of the time, and that it's the work that you do to find those aha moments that is satisfying. (like Antichamber! and La Mulana...two of my recent favorites...a trend, maybe?)

If I read how big the world is, or how many levels or bosses there are, or see a screenshot of some sick weapon, or some insanely beautiful dungeon, will I be cheapening the experience? Hell yeah I will. That's at least what I tell myself. Playing in a vacuum is kind of an exception these days, though. I'm probably missing some big things. I keep seeing those clues on the ground about using pyromancy, but I feel like I've combed through the areas accessible to me right now and seen no trace of how to gain it, haha.

Oh well...it's the mystery that is compelling, and this game rewards you so consistently for exploring or using your head or trying something weird or just getting lost. It gets me fired up to make a game that is firing on all cylinders like this.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2557 on: March 01, 2013, 07:21:24 AM »

just played swords and sorcery. Couldnt take it anymore and had to quit. Did not like this game at all Sad

EDIT: according to the youtube playthrough I was only 2 mins short of finishing this game.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:26:40 AM by InfiniteStateMachine » Logged

John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2558 on: March 01, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »

It's weird, I've actually been avoiding most internet discussion about it. Partially because I feel like the game is knowledge gated a lot of the time, and that it's the work that you do to find those aha moments that is satisfying. (like Antichamber! and La Mulana...two of my recent favorites...a trend, maybe?)

If I read how big the world is, or how many levels or bosses there are, or see a screenshot of some sick weapon, or some insanely beautiful dungeon, will I be cheapening the experience? Hell yeah I will. That's at least what I tell myself. Playing in a vacuum is kind of an exception these days, though. I'm probably missing some big things. I keep seeing those clues on the ground about using pyromancy, but I feel like I've combed through the areas accessible to me right now and seen no trace of how to gain it, haha.

Oh well...it's the mystery that is compelling, and this game rewards you so consistently for exploring or using your head or trying something weird or just getting lost. It gets me fired up to make a game that is firing on all cylinders like this.

a legitimate decision. but make sure you pop in when you do new run-throughs; otherwise i guarantee you're going to miss a ton of really cool stuff.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:16:18 AM by John Sandoval » Logged

BRAINGALE
1% inspiration, 99% desperation
Ridley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: March 01, 2013, 10:08:30 AM »

just played swords and sorcery. Couldnt take it anymore and had to quit. Did not like this game at all Sad

Could you...elaborate, on why you didn't like it? I don't know that is a discussion thread of what have you, but I really enjoyed the game's personality, especially its writing quirks and unique puzzle-combat. My only complaint was that it inexplicably urged me to tweet about things in-game, which is something I never want to see a title do again.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 297
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic