Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:09:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlNeed Someone to Help with Coding
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Someone to Help with Coding  (Read 6104 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »

When I started working on Indie Brawl nearly 3 years ago, I did not plan on being the lead programmer. Over time, I fell into that role. For a while, this arrangement worked well. However, in the last year or so, I have not had as much time to devote to Indie Brawl as I used to. There is now a sizable backlog of features waiting to be implemented. Unfortunately, I don't see my schedule lightening up much in the foreseeable future.

I'm not saying I'm not interested on working on Indie Brawl any more. In fact, I still look forward to it. I just don't have as much time to devote to it as is needed. At this point, I'm inhibiting progress.

I think it would be best if someone else took over programming. I'll still work on design-related tasks, and I'll help the programmer as much as they need me to.

The role requires someone who is familiar with Game Maker, and willing to devote a sizable amount of time to Indie Brawl. If anyone is interested, post here or send me a PM.

Again, I'm not giving up on the project. I just don't want my personal life to continue to slow the game's progress.

ElevatedPixels
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »

Sad to hear Soul.

I used to check up on this game all the time from work.  It was one of the things that made me want to get back into designing my own games actually.  I hope someone is replying to you.  I'd love to help and I do have some experience (http://www.yoyogames.com/games/153956-split-soul), but I have my own projeccts at the moment on the iPhone  Concerned

You should be proud of what you've done so far.  You could work on the project forever and not have it finished.  So, I'd suggest you cut as much out that you can to make it playable, release it, then make the current source available.

Anyways, good luck Smiley
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:36:37 PM by ElevatedPixels » Logged

Currently working with Cocos2D and Box2D on the iPhone.  Almost done our first iPhone game.

Check out our progress on HarvestHavoc! at http://www.elevatedpixels.com

Want to support us? Like us on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/elevatedpixels
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »

Thanks. Until someone replies, I'll keep programming, but progress will be very slow. Expect one update every 2 or 3 months.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic