Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411197 Posts in 69315 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 03:15:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesStreets Of Rage Remake
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Streets Of Rage Remake  (Read 16021 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2011, 03:47:19 AM »

It's out, it's pretty hot, it has a totally superfluous in-game store for unlocking things and it's a damn sight more than what SEGA is doing with the series. I can imagine that it's very relevant to a lot of people's tastes here.

Fetch boy.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:15:03 AM »

Awesome!

I've been loosely following this for a few years now. It's always inspiring to see ambitious fan projects come to fruitition (and companies not shutting them down).
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 04:18:36 AM »

streets of rage is the best and final fight is bad
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:17 AM »

HO HEE HEE!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:41:59 PM »

HO HEE HEE!
are these onomatopoeic sounds of joy or do you mean corkscrew kick
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »

Awesome. I've played some earlier build and it was really great and faithful to the originals. Also, what Super Joe said.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »

HO HEE HEE!
are these onomatopoeic sounds of joy or do you mean corkscrew kick

Can it be both?

Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 01:58:55 PM »

As some poor sap who has never really played a beatemup, I find this to be extremely fun. I need to find a second player.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 02:05:11 PM »

Looks like a game for a longer session, bookmarked for tomorrow.

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »

Ooh, can't wait to play it! I played the last build addictively til I realized it was kinda unbeatable. 2nd player AI was extremely broken, always got stuck in a wall right before the final boss. Game was too damn hard without a second player.

Man, another addiction's all I need right now.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:33:38 PM »

this is the best game ever
SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »

My mum banned me from reading Sonic the Comic (the UK version) when I was young because of the Streets of Rage strip being 'far too violent' Sad I feel like I'm taking back a part of my childhood when playing this game.

It's also pretty good! I find the mix of art styles in the menus/cutscenes/gameplay to be a little odd, but punching people in the face is fun, so all is forgiven.

Toom
Level 3

You have to tell me if you're a cop.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »

That comics was written by Mark Millar! (Back before he was terrible.) I remember being pret-ty unimpressed by the mangled swearing but it was a solid strip.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone got this working in WINE?

I'm gonna beat yer ass wit dis moon tree!
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:06:12 AM »

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/34058/Streets_of_Rage_Fan_Remake_Taken_Down_At_Segas_Request.php

Cease and desist

that comment:
Maurício Gomes
12 Apr 2011 at 5:57 am PST

Although I too agree people should make original stuff, I still think that SEGA is a frequent target of fans besting SEGA...

I mean, look at the lastest remakes of Sonic, all of them bashes Sonic 4 to oblivion for example...

I really hope SEGA hire that people, or buy the game from them and release it, or something like that, because they did a job much better than SEGA would ever do with their current internal studios. (how I miss old SEGA Sad )

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 07:12:34 AM »

It will be hard to them to release a new sonic game when Impulse the zombiehog has redefined the playfield

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 08:31:58 AM »

Honestly, to pull something like that after 8 years, I really don't care if Sega has a legitimate case.  I'm done with them.  They go on "the list."

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »

Fuck I didn't download it while the link was still good, I was waiting for them to ramp up my internet!

Soooooo... anyone wanna share the game with those of us who missed it?
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

Although I am strongly against piracy and copyright infringement, I have to say that this is a dick move on Sega's part. There were ample opportunities for Sega to work with the guys who created this. And they even had ample opportunity to shut this down a lot sooner. (which would have been more fair to the re-makes creators)

At the end of the day, blocking this fan re-make from being distributed just makes Sega come across as huge jerks. Even Nintendo doesn't usually block fan re-makes or re-imaginings. (so long as they are not being sold) Hopefully this will get sorted out and the re-make will once again be made available.
Kramlack
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

Pretty much adding to what's been said. It's ridiculous for Sega to pull this now. Not just as a dick move, but because it's already out on the internet, there's literally nothing Sega can do about it now. It would have been much more effective to C&D it early on.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »

It will be hard to them to release a new sonic game when Impulse the zombiehog has redefined the playfield

To be fair my little exercise will be far outdo by the many 3D sonic community project. Once Sonic GDK will be done and release for open source or sonic runner will be complete, or the blitzsonic scene finally reach maturity (remember kids grow up and sharpen their skills).

Recent 2D project like Sonic Fan remix show the fan got it, and some are unreleased (sonic fusion). SO far sega tolerate fan gaming, but I guess as they project mature, it will start to take shadow. And lately some high skilled people join the community on project (animator, film maker, graphic designer, musician) attracted by the quality project that get some steam.

I do not how other sega games fare, but I know there is pretty big community that worship old sega.

I think Fangaming is one of the next big thing in video games, more and more mature skilled artist do it, it's part of of the gaming culture.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic