This is a game I slapped together on a whim for a Glorious Trainwrecks event in a few hours last week. With a couple of obvious improvements possible, I spent a few hours on it the next night tweaking it and making it better.DOWNLOAD 1.1
Here's the description:
You're a vampire and you've just come to this village, looking to feed off the local populace and survive as long as you can. Avoid the police's bullets and create a vampire army to help distract the authorities, but make sure you leave yourself enough to eat!
- For each living person (cop or citizen) you eat, you get 100 points, plus a 50% health regeneration
- For each second you stay alive, you get 10 points
- You do not get points or health for eating vampires
- Press X to eat (drain the blood of) a living person or a vampire
- Press C to convert citizens or cops into vampires
- If a citizens are close to the site of a vampire (you or your another vampire) execution, one will be stirred to justice and become a cop
- Cops will chase and shoot at other vampires if they're close
- If vampires are hungry, they will eat cops or citizens when they meet them
- Every 15 seconds you stay alive, a new citizen will move into town
- Sometimes when a male and female citizen meet, they will have a new citizen! It's important to leave some citizens alive so they'll create new citizens and leave you with a supply of food
If you play it, I'm interested in all thoughts. Is it any fun at all? Is it too frustrating? Does it feel like skill is involved? Can you beat my high score of 8460?
I'm also interested in what you think might be improved. I'm considering new versions of this game, which might include new maps and locations, new NPC character roles (this game is very basically inspired by the party games Werewolf and Mafia), possible limited control of your vampire army, behavioral alterations, item implementation, and maybe a multiplayer mode.
Thanks for playing!MUSIC ALSO WANTED
: I'm considering making a more major, promoted release of this, which would mean I'd want to use music I have the rights to, instead of this delightfully silly spooky MIDI I found on a charming page from the 90s. If someone feels like writing something similarly silly that I could distribute with this game (all releases will be freeware), I'd be delighted to entertain such offers!