Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:38:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat does your physical workspace look like?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32
Print
Author Topic: What does your physical workspace look like?  (Read 215024 times)
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »

Your room is amazing. But is the light always that color, or is it a filter or something?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: January 15, 2015, 03:25:28 AM »

Your room is amazing. But is the light always that color, or is it a filter or something?

Look like smart-tinted windows to me, we have them in our head office, they do a few things:

Act as a photovoltaic and generate energy
Keep the building cool
Prevent glare internally
Prevent reflections externally

Pretty snazzy stuff if so!

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 15, 2015, 04:22:46 AM »

I'd go mad in that murky blue setting. I need white light.

Posho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: January 15, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »

Took a couple of new pics yesterday.

I saw these on /g/ last night  Ninja

Developer & Cartoonist
[Twitter]
Pixelee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 17, 2015, 05:30:52 AM »

Took a couple of new pics yesterday.

Holly molly... nice

Where did you get that chair? Are they comfortable? They look really ergonomic and stylish.

To compose or decompose?
https://soundcloud.com/pixelee
LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2015, 04:17:35 AM »

Two desks were stacked to make a standing desk. It is hard to casually yo-yo while sitting in a chair. I can use solar powered lanterns to light the room at night. On the floor next to my computer tower is a cinderblock to direct a lithium battery explosion upward if charging a RC helicopter battery goes horribly wrong.

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 21, 2015, 08:40:46 AM »

@True Valhalla:

Wow, just wow. You have just a nice place with a great view, I'm jealous!  Embarrassed It looks real clean too.

Which city is this?

I was about to post my place but it looks like a North Korean jail cell in comparison.

CornerBoothGames
Level 0

Artist & Game Dev Guy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: February 04, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »

@ LobsterSundew,

I was just about to ask if you do all your devving standing up? I can't but I have to get up and move every few hours or I get anxious. I've had many a day where I would just sit and work for hours on end without getting up once. It's easy to forget, I guess.

LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 09, 2015, 12:55:05 AM »

I've had many a day where I would just sit and work for hours on end without getting up once. It's easy to forget, I guess.
I also had the problem that I could sit for long periods of time without getting up, which is one reason why I transitioned to using a standing desk. I now prefer a standing desk a lot more. There is a big improvement in posture. I was already used to standing for long times.

A standing desk is not a magic solution to the health problems of sitting too much. It can create new problems if the positioning of the keyboard, monitor, mouse and desk are incorrect. The act of standing still for long hours becomes the next problem to address. I have a memory foam floor mat under my feet. If I was just standing on just carpet I would likely get foot pain. Finding something to dictate when to take breaks can be one of best ways to get out of the habit of sitting or standing too long. I will still take breaks to go fly a RC quadcopter outside when its not snowing or raining for the 5 to 8 minutes the battery lasts. On those wet days I do find myself standing for many hours at a time. The 90 minute recharging of the RC battery then helps to dictate when I take breaks. It can actually boost productivity by known when and how long each break will be.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: March 09, 2015, 01:55:32 AM »

My workspace is wherever I can set my laptop. Recently we've been working a lot from this cafe with pretty great food and a separate floor for work/meetings. Beats any office I know.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
wisetaner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 04, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »

At the moment mine is a kitchen table that is used as an desk, with my single monitor, keyboard, and mouse. May sound basic, but for now it gets the job done.

Wise = Accepting that you will always be learning new information and that no one knows everything. When you make a mistake, do not let pride rule you, instead accept, acknowledge, learn from, and move on from that mistake.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 06, 2015, 05:27:17 AM »

My workspace is wherever I can set my laptop. Recently we've been working a lot from this cafe with pretty great food and a separate floor for work/meetings. Beats any office I know.

Sounds expensive to eat at a café all the time.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: April 06, 2015, 07:05:33 AM »

My home office with a view.

Wow... wanna trade?
Unfortunately you cannot trade the air you are breathing.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 06, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »

My workspace is in kitchen.. I dont even have my own room...  Tongue Im fucking poor..
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: April 06, 2015, 09:53:32 AM »

Totals to around $100 a month for me (we go two times a week). Honestly, it's about as expensive as when I was working in an actual office and had to order fast-food or go out for a lunch. Much nicer and tastier, though Smiley.

Tom Grochowiak
xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: April 06, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »

This video shows what our current physical work-space is like:

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 06, 2015, 12:49:51 PM »

Totals to around $100 a month for me (we go two times a week). Honestly, it's about as expensive as when I was working in an actual office and had to order fast-food or go out for a lunch. Much nicer and tastier, though Smiley.
Had to? I always cooked the day before when I worked at an office or brought stuff to put in the fridge there to make sammiches from. .-.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #597 on: April 06, 2015, 01:30:50 PM »

I used to come back way too late to cook anything, and we also actually liked having an excuse to leave the office space for at least a moment. Man, working in game development sucks -- never again!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:11:26 AM by TeeGee » Logged

Tom Grochowiak
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:47 PM »

So I've heard!

PentaX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 09, 2015, 01:19:14 PM »

Hello ' w ' / I'm new here. I'm Pawee Pakamekanon from GameCrafterTeam, working on Project Nimbus.

This is what my work desk look like, I'm in a co-working space in Bangkok.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic