Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 01:34:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Inflicted - Horror Adventure Game
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: The Inflicted - Horror Adventure Game  (Read 31570 times)
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

We've just gone live today on IndieGoGo http://www.indiegogo.com/inflicted?a=118275
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »

Took a few hours longer than I estimated. It's saturday and 4AM damn it...

Here's our new DEMO!!

Support development at http://www.indiegogo.com/inflicted

Edit: Yesterday in my sleep deprived state I forgot to mention that you need Adobe AIR to run the game. You can get it from http://get.adobe.com/air
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:06:45 AM by zamp » Logged
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »

You've made leaps and bounds of progress since your last build.  I'm seriously impressed with where you're going with this!  Also, Laboratory B.  So much nope.   Epileptic
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2012, 01:06:36 AM »

You've made leaps and bounds of progress since your last build.  I'm seriously impressed with where you're going with this!  Also, Laboratory B.  So much nope.   Epileptic

Thanks! Please share the demo with a friend or two (or a hundred Wink)
Btw. How long did it take for you to finish the demo?

Yesterday in my sleep deprived state I forgot to mention that you need Adobe AIR to run the game. You can get it from http://get.adobe.com/air
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:20:23 AM by zamp » Logged
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2012, 01:53:04 AM »

Oh man, I signed up to test this and then forgot to check the email I gave you for a while. Facepalm

Sorry about that. I never saw it on Google Drive, by the way. :/

I'll give the demo a shot and give you feedback since I botched that one up.

zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2012, 07:09:37 AM »

Oh man, I signed up to test this and then forgot to check the email I gave you for a while. Facepalm

Sorry about that. I never saw it on Google Drive, by the way. :/

I'll give the demo a shot and give you feedback since I botched that one up.

That's ok. We've managed even with tunnel vision Wink

Dear redditors. Upvotes greatly appreciated! http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/130k6t/the_inflicted_on_indiegogo/
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2012, 02:05:01 AM »

I've run into a dead end when it comes to optimization. What I need is to rewrite the rendering completely. I'm going to swap the rendering from slow CPU based rendering to use Stege3D.
In depth devlogs about this process will follow. Also hopefully I can make some graphs to make it all pretty.
Also while I'm at it I'm going to split my tilemap class which does a ton more than it's supposed to into separate classes that each do just the-one-thing they're supposed to.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:46:02 PM by zamp » Logged
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »

Optimization Day 1

I just spent the past day taking my game apart and putting it back together.
FPS is hovering around 50-60 for now but we'll see what happens to it once I've rewritten and put the screen effects back into play.
100 particles bogs FPS down to 20. I seriously need to make particle rendering faster or just limit particle count to around 30 or so.
I did improve particle/generic sprite rendering already a bit by removing one BitmapData instantiation from the draw method, this gave me a marginal 5% increase.

Somehow I also lost sound loops completely. Not quite sure what made them dissappear.
Still quite a few things to check off my optimization todo list.
Tomorrow I'll take my tilemap class apart and split it to separate classes. It's doing way too much than it's supposed to. Now it's time to quaff some beer and doze off.
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2012, 01:41:55 PM »

Optimization Day 2

Not much to tell about. The most apparent modification is that you can't click the mouse anymore WTF
Didn't have time to take the tilemap apart so that'll have to be done later.
I spent the last 6 hours mostly just refactoring classes and variables. Preloader had some minor changes made to it to bring it up to modern programming standards. Used to use dictionaries to store information about the stuff it loads, now everything is properly encapsulated in classes.

Here's my todo list. As you can see there's still quite a few things to add back into the game (click for bigger)

Also here's a little sumthin' sumthin' Shocked

Let me know if you want to hear about the bosses or should I keep that stuff under the hood until release?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:52:17 PM by zamp » Logged
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »

Let me know if you want to hear about the bosses or should I keep that stuff under the hood until release.

Shhh....  Wink

(the bosses are really Waaagh!)

zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »

Shhh....  Wink

(the bosses are really Waaagh!)

I'll keep things under wraps.
The image I posted is a test from way back when.

Here's some giffage that shows the radio effect ingame. Also look option if you're not close enough to interact with something.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »

oh my..

Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »

I'm probably just crazy, but does anyone else see this?
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »

Cannot unsee.
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »

Damn you! Cheesy
Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »

I think it stood out because the body moves while the head stays still in the animation. Sorry!
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »

I think it stood out because the body moves while the head stays still in the animation. Sorry!

Yeah the head is actually separate from the body graphic, just like the arms are too. The head turns to where you point but the body lags behind a bit.

I've decided to update the inventory a bit. Here's a screenshot from ingame.

The items are listed on the bottom like that and when you get different containers to hold your stuff (totally completely optional but I thought it would be a cool little feature) the graphic on the background changes based on that.
So in the start you'll have your left arm on the background holding all the goodies and later on maybe a bag or something.
Also you'll have to imagine this but there's going to be a right arm that acts as your mouse. The arm's graphic will change based on if you've picked up an item or not.
Not quite sure how animated I'm going to make that. Probably just a couple frames, pick up, hold item, let go.
Also the possibilities with this kind of interface are pretty limitless. I could whip up a puzzle where you need open valves to set pressure to some specific value but can't see the gauge until you clean it up by scrubbing it with the hand.
Also a "feel it" puzzle comes to mind where you're in pitch black and don't have a flashlight so you need to feel your way around to find things.
Atrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:38 AM »

Oh boy... This going to be a good one.  Blink
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2012, 10:20:40 AM »

Oh boy... This going to be a good one.  Blink

Thanks Gentleman

Here's a massive (3MB) gif showing the new inventory half done. The functionality is there but the hand graphic isn't there yet. I'll have to take some photos of my own hand and edit them in... later. Also it's missing a tooltip.

Edit: Wasn't that hard to add it seems.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:15:31 AM by zamp » Logged
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »

I miss tangible inventories.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic