Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 06:31:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Inflicted - Horror Adventure Game
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: The Inflicted - Horror Adventure Game  (Read 31565 times)
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »

SNIP
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:09:31 AM by zamp » Logged
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2012, 01:51:35 AM »

Rust Shocked
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »

Hey all!

Not quite sure where to start... The game's progress has stalled to a halt since I'm too busy with moving to another city and after that I'm pretty sure I'll be very busy with work (got a programming job at a well known entertainment company  Hand Shake Left Crazy Hand Shake Right).
Because of the job I can't work on the game as a commercial product anymore so instead the game will be released freeware (completely free license. sources will become available soonish).
Also since my free time will become severely limited we're going to launch the game in chapters. First of which might be released in a month or two depending on if we get help from you guys (story is done but mapping isn't). Which leads me to that we're currently looking for mappers to help us out. So if you think you're up to it. Post here or send an email or something.

Peace,
zamp out.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:32:55 PM by zamp » Logged
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »

Yes, please get in on this if you have the skills and inclination. Zamp has done an awesome job In developing a game which is already a lot of fun to play and, if I do say so myself, I've written some dialogue which it would be criminal to waste!

zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2013, 07:57:30 AM »

As the game will be free to download and play and will be launched in chapters you can download the game AS IS here. All I ask from you is that you post bug reports.

A new test version is available to download!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41227615/Inflicted.1.0.0.X.air

Report bugs at http://bugs.koode.org
Registering is broken (emails won't be sent) so use anonymous or send me a PM/email and I will create an account for you.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:04:53 AM by zamp » Logged
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »

Thought of posting about what I'll be working on next.
Here's a somewhat loose roadmap for the following couple weekends.

• Improved particle system
    Aiming for 500 particles without fps drop
  • Dynamic objects
    Pick up and throw clutter around. Related to particle system
  • Finish chapter one
    This is somewhat a big one. I need to implement follower AI and also make it smart so in case s**t hits the fan you won't be raging at the screen because the AI messed stuff up.
    Also it requires quite a bit of mapping. I'm pretty sure I've already done the necessary level layouts but they're very empty right now and no scripting has been done in them so when you get to that level it's just empty space.
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2013, 07:43:23 AM »

FOV algorithm was too slow so I made a new one. I still need to hook the lines up to my quad tree to only check relevant lines. Then the shadows should take 1-4ms to render instead of the current 15!

You can fiddle around with it here: http://zamp.koode.org/FOV/
There are still some things I need to fix like going right next to a wall and it won't render part of the shadow.
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »

After working on the project for quite a while I got employed at Rovio because of it. Work is taking most of my time now so this project is now on hold until I have time to work on it. Time to make the next Angry Birds I guess Smiley
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2013, 05:53:54 PM »

Congratulations!  Hope you'll have time to work on this a little on the side; it's an amazing project and I'd love to see where it goes!
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2013, 12:27:46 AM »

I'm proud to announce the continuation of this project!
Since most of the big gaming companies don't allow you to work on competing products, Rovio included, I had to postpone this project. I had a discussion with my employer recently and we've made a contract that enables me to work on this project on my own time.  Hand Metal LeftCheesyHand Metal Right
I'll work on it on the weekends and on holidays and hopefully will finish it sometime next year.
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2013, 04:24:41 PM »

Woo!
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2013, 06:07:57 AM »

Eyes! Eyes everywhere!
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2014, 03:25:13 AM »

Update time!

The project is progressing a bit slower than I expected. Can't say much about release date since the game is still lacking a lot of content. The story is quite complete and there are only a few things that need some thought. We'll see how much of the content can be fitted in and what needs to be dropped (hope none).

On the programming part I can say that I've reviewed the code and refactored some of it, mostly AI stuff which works like a charm now.

I'll try to keep you up to date but with the limited free time that have I can't promise anything.

Take care
zamp out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic