Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1027621 Posts in 41229 Topics- by 32845 Members - Latest Member: pythagean

July 28, 2014, 02:29:27 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralCanadian elections!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Canadian elections!  (Read 5028 times)
Gabriel Verdon
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »

Oh, and you forgot about all the completely unnecessary military spending the conversatives do and will continue to do if they get re-elected.
Well isn't it Canada's destiny to invade USA? It will happen

Oh fuck, you're right, I forgot to check my calendar. I hope Mexico shows up when they said would

Also, I just realized I called them the Conversatives.

Someone should definatley make a Canadian Election RTS. Also this thread should be a poll. I'm Canadian but unfourunatly I'm not old enough to vote so... yeah kinda sucks.

Fund it.

Shawny
Level 5

<3

ShawnPwns@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »

Someone should definatley make a Canadian Election RTS. Also this thread should be a poll. I'm Canadian but unfourunatly I'm not old enough to vote so... yeah kinda sucks.
Similar case to this

I'm old enough but I'm stupid and dont follow politics and choose not to vote cuz i'll be making some retarded and random picks.

FrankieSmileShow
Level 3

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 07:50:52 PM »

Hey someone on facebook linked to this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/votecompass/

Its interesting! You answer questions on political issues and it tells you which party would seem to be closest to your own opinions. More interestingly, then you can go over the details of each question and where each party stands on them individually. I tried it and its pretty nice. If you dont want to read my gigantor post and want some quick reference, check it out! Of course they dont cover all the story. Like... they don't ask you if you believe in bullshit alternative medicine like the green party does... but still

Shawny
Level 5

<3

ShawnPwns@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 09:14:50 PM »

according to that, i agree with liberal most

is this good? i cant tell.. ):

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 11:43:24 PM »

liberals are fine, only green is ridiculous (which is sad, a green party is a good idea, just not this one apparently... homeopathy, really?)

conservatives kind of suck but like most people said, they dont suck as much as other government rights and they're very obvious

vote liberal if you like their agenda and stuff, its important to vote
for whoever! but make your choice and vote!
Gabriel Verdon
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 05:53:26 AM »

I think the conservaties should be renamed to the Regressives, and the NDP and Liberal should merge and be called the Progressives. Then we would actually accurate names.

FrankieSmileShow
Level 3

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 06:33:58 AM »

I really don't like the conservative way of thinking. They are like libertarians economically, a political position I find defensible though I tend to err on the opposite end of the spectrum, but jarringly become intrusive when it comes to social liberty issues, usually from the pretense of working for "family values" or likely because of religious dogma. Its kind of sad that libertarians have pretty much no one to represent them. I guess they have to choose which is the most important to them, economical freedom or social freedom? Sorry bucko cant have both...

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 11:24:34 PM »

My riding doesn't have a Liberal candidate.

I don't think the Libs are taking this election seriously. More and more, I'm starting to see this election as Cons v. NDP

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 04:37:26 AM »

A challenger appears! The challenger is:
The internet?Huh??

yes apparently us canadians can vote for THE INTERNET now, because we have possibibly the worst service globally

note that this is not ACTUALLY a candidate, but it's a means of convincing major parties to adopt better internet laws.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 05:29:37 AM »

Yes I'm canadian, and yes we pay $10/gig.
...even though that pricing scheme doesn't make the remotest amount of sense.  Concerned
Cow
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »

It would be better if it was brought up to them before the election so we could base our votes accordingly. Voting for the internet seems like the worst solution to that problem.

( ˙͜>˙ )
ஒழுக்கின்மை
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

RinkuHero
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »

how does anyone afford that? i mean, a day of watching youtube would be like $100.

Cow
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 07:22:01 PM »

Pretty disappointed right now! But it's nice to see the NDP blossomed into a legitimate party, even if it means all the "left" votes will be diffused between the two, and apparently Canadians are fucktarded when it comes to politics so there's not much of a chance of a coalition government in the near future.

Beer!

( ˙͜>˙ )
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 07:40:35 PM »

Well this is pretty rough.

It's going to be a very difficult four years.. I just don't understand how Canadians could possibly have voted in a man who literally broke every possible rule in the book. Sad

Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 07:52:13 PM »

Aw, geez. I honestly don't understand people. Sad

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic