Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:31:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPEGJam 2.0 Winnipeg [JULY 16-17]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: PEGJam 2.0 Winnipeg [JULY 16-17]  (Read 22317 times)
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »

Booked my flight and registered now that the fare from Seattle went down by $200+.  Now I just need a place to crash! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:13:50 PM by Chris Z » Logged

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

Got my time off and my PEGJam reservation bought.

Now I watch the flights like a hawk and make a last minute panicked purchase. Noir
Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »

Flight has been purchased, now I just need to figure out a place to stay.

Flight info if anyone is curious or wants to coordinate leaving from SFO or YVR:

Leave Friday, July 15, 2011
WestJet 1777 Economy
Depart:   1:05pm   San Francisco, CA  San Francisco International SFO
Arrive:   3:14pm   Vancouver, Canada Vancouver Intl YVR
Change planes. Time between flights: 3hr 6min
WestJet 244 Economy
Depart:   6:20pm   Vancouver, Canada Vancouver Intl YVR
Arrive:   10:56pm   Winnipeg, Canada Winnipeg YWG

Return flight is departing on 7:00 AM Monday morning... it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »

Return flight is departing on 7:00 AM Monday morning... it sounded like a good idea at the time.

I did the same but only because I have a Flash Game Summit event to attend Monday morning.  Gonna need a lot of coffee that day.

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »

Hey guys, some new information! Grin

First up, Marlon has finished designing the T-Shirt! By signing up BEFORE June 20th you will receive one of these upon arrival! The reason we have a deadline for this is because it takes time for us to make the order for the shirts and get them delivered.

The sooner you sign up the better!

Secondly, if you're looking for a place to stay, we're currently asking that you post in this very thread to coordinate with others to find a place to sleep.

Also, Alec posted a blog post with some more info and such.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »

I need a place to sleep. Anything will do, even a hardwood floor, as long as it's clean.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 05:21:49 AM »

Anybody else going to this from Toronto? Maybe we can, uh, hang out at the airport! Durr...?

WestJet Flight #659
YYZ to YWG Fri Jul 15

I'll be staying with family out there, but wouldn't be opposed to splitting a (cheap) hotel bill with someone. They're kinda far out of the city so I'd have to rent a car if I don't.

Return flight WestJet #528 YWG to YWZ at 9am on Monday Smiley

SEEYA THERE.  No No NO Hand Metal Right
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 05:48:35 AM »

Got my flight, don't think there's anyone else coming from Ottawa.

Maybe I'll split a hotel room with you, jotapeh: I haven't gotten ahold of anyone about crashing on their floor etc. But we'll see.

AUST
sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 06:48:15 AM »

I'm toying with the idea of going. I'll need to raise some funds and book time off work. But I really really wanna go! Then you wont be the only Ottawa dude there, Hangedman.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »

Oh snap! Well, if you make it out, I'll buy you some meals for going the distance to help entice you to go. My trip is partially a grad present so I have room to move Tiger

AUST
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 03:48:10 PM »

If you do need a hotel room, would it be for fri & sat? I can only do Sat night. I'm still working it out with my cousins but they're pretty insistent I stay with them Friday night. So I figure it'd only make sense for the short time between Sat at midnight to Sun at 10am (if I'm reading the times right).

I don't even know what the going rate for a hotel is in the peg. I'm gonna do some research.
RabTom
Level 0

Programmer Extrodinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »

You can probably find a place to stay for $80-$120 There a few hotels downtown, which would be the best place to stay, since the jam is downtown.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »

If I'm not crashing somewhere I'll need a room for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, so I guess making my own arrangements might serve me better.
I still have time to plan, but I don't know the city in the slightest so I might need help with that.

Finally got my registration in. Gomez

AUST
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »

So the hotel we used last year is the Marlborough. It's a short walk from the jam, and very cheap. The only problem is it's cheap for a reason, and a bit scary at night-- I wouldn't want anybody walking back there alone after dark, for example.

I'm not sure how full up our (mine & Alec's) living room floor is, currently, we may have room for more? Guess we should get that sorted...

The other nearby hotel is the Fairmont, but that's one of the fancier hotels in the city, so I don't imagine anyone would want to get rooms there. There is also the Humphrey Inn, about a ten minute walk away, I'm not sure what their prices are like.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »

If you (or anyone else) have extra floorspace or even a spacious closet, that might be better, as those hotels are $250+ for the three nights for me alone. I could do the cheapest one, but if it's really sketchy I don't know

Just want to make sure I have plans well in advance. Panda

AUST
Outlander
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »

Will you be streaming the event? I'd like to come to a jam but it's not usualy feasable because of University(and I'd have to leave my daughter at home). To bad there isn't a scene in Anchorage Alaska.  Concerned
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »

ACCOMMODATIONS INFORMATION

So I did some looking around, and we can get a decent price for a 4-person room at the Fairmont Hotel (nice hotel, close to the jam, much less likely to get stabbed than at the cheap hotel a few streets over), as long as we pay the full price in advance-- a summer promo, it seems.

The rooms would be two double beds, so you'd have to snuggle with potential strangers or sleep on floors (cots are like 90 extra or some bullshit like that), for 178.00 a night. We would ideally arrange it so that those staying Fri, Sat & Sun would get a room together and those staying only Sat & Sun would take another room, assuming there are enough people who need rooms.

We have a small budget to help pay for hotels and flights and other jam costs (some food and drinks, for example), and there is a possibility that we may be able to take a few more into our apartment.

I'd like to get some sort of a count going as to who needs hotels, who really can't afford a hotel at any price and desperately just needs to sleep on our floor, which nights people need accommodations for, etc. I will be sending an email out about this stuff and about flights, but feel free to respond until I get that out. The sooner we get this all organized, the happier we will be Smiley
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2011, 02:38:17 PM »

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I can try to scrape up enough for the hotel. Floor would be much better, but I know space is at a premium. If it's being shared among enough people, the hotel is possible for me. Really won't know until closer to the date how much room I have to move.

Gomez    Gomez    Gomez    Gomez    Gomez    Gomez   

AUST
Mike Lee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »

Flight booked! Arriving Friday afternoon and leaving super-early Monday morning! Looking forward to jamming with everyone there!
jprogman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2011, 07:51:31 PM »

That's new to me! I'll consider checking it out! Although, I don't have a laptop.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:07:06 PM by jprogram » Logged

~JProgman ~ I Made Mosaic Mingle ~ My Web Portfolio ~ @jprogman ~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic