Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:10:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOne Curious Nightfall
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: One Curious Nightfall  (Read 6940 times)
pepprsam
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:09:53 PM »

A short interactive story about a girl who finds a mysterious pouch, and must return it to the Bird King.  

Features:
     -Extremely smooth animation
     -Detailed HD pixel graphics, with each of the 28 rooms having its own unique art
     -Beautiful orchestral score by Flashygoodness (Tower of Heaven)

Screens:

Download

Mirror 1 (box.net)
Mirror 2 (mediafire)

Devlog - contains notes on my process/software used/random art statistics:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:45:34 AM by pepprsam » Logged
Geoffrey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:46:12 AM »

I spent a great time through it ! Good job, especially with the atmosphere and animations !

(I love birds)

pepprsam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:18 AM »

I spent a great time through it ! Good job, especially with the atmosphere and animations !

(I love birds)

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:17:49 PM »

At the first screen where you have control, I was running around and jumping against the left edge (where you can't go further unless you leave and come back) and I got stuck in the standing animation.  The character would slide left and right without animating and I was unable to jump.  Leaving the screen fixed it, though.  I can't seem to replicate it, either.
pepprsam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:23:47 PM »

At the first screen where you have control, I was running around and jumping against the left edge (where you can't go further unless you leave and come back) and I got stuck in the standing animation.  The character would slide left and right without animating and I was unable to jump.  Leaving the screen fixed it, though.  I can't seem to replicate it, either.

This has happened to me quite a few times as well. I still have no idea what caused it, however. Some of the glitches had me completely baffled.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »

Yeah, I had quite a few glitches myself.  She just keeps freaking out around edges and overall it's pretty distracting/detracting.  Heck, the game even crashed on me once.

The dithered art-style, 3d model, and backgrounds are pretty damn amazing though.  Also, the music is pretty sexy.  Hopefully you guys figure the glitches out soon.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
psy_wombats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 06:57:59 PM »

Yeah, this was really enjoyable to play. I would've kept this up for at 10x the current length. Very nice as a piece of art rather than a game, and the music was excellent as well.

The control/movement is definitely the weakest point though. Walking into those first couple platforms results in very erratic behavior. Also, when crouching, pressing left or right before the protagonist finished crouching results in not being able to crawl.

WombatRPGs - Game Discussion and Design
TRONMAXIMUM
Level 0

alpha six productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 08:24:24 PM »

I haven't actually gotten a chance to play this yet, but those backgrounds are looking very nice!

The character, unfortunately, leaves a lot to be desired and her outline is a little on the messy side. Concerned
pepprsam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 11:02:46 PM »

I'll admit, the glitches are extremely annoying. And unfortunately, they exist because of amateur coding, which means that the only way to fix them is to re-write the game. But I have experienced all of the ones brought up so far, so I know what you all are talking about. Please try to be patient with me; all I really wanted was to make art.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:59:04 AM by pepprsam » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic