Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:52:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUndead Lily and The Elemental Avengers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers  (Read 2834 times)
jack_norton
Level 0

Better be independent.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »

First of all hi everyone. I lurk those forums but never had much time to post. I decided to start a devlog for my next game because this time is something that could interest more this community (unless I'm mistaken I don't think my dating sim for girl would interest anyone here  Cheesy).

I'm just in the beginning of the development process but I'm satisfied so far. It's going to be a tag-team battle game, something similar to the online game "Kongai". There will be a story with different romance outcomes (like in all my games) and will also have action-RPG and light strategy gameplay elements. More about this later (also because I'm still doing the game design and I don't know myself how exactly will work!)

There will be 12 different playable characters (even if in the story you'll be able to play only as Undead Lily or Ace), 2 for each of the 6 elements: death, life, air, fire, water and nature.

Some screenshots of a very early prototype of the battle system:

and here is the character sheet/info screen. Still early WIP:

Not much else to say for now. Ah yes, something might interest from the technical point of view is that even for this kind of game I'm using Ren'Py ! Cool
For those that are unfamiliar with it, is a very powerful tool, but aimed mainly to visual novel /dating sims. However it has been improved greatly in the last years, and now comes with a very good UI system and lots of utilities that can help a lot doing most 2d games. Probably the only kind of game that would be hard to make is something with lots of action on the screen.
But for games with semi-static screens and lots of UI element, I think is really good.

Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:40:46 PM »

I like everything about the art except for the fact that the main character appears to have stuck a large bat up her bottom.  I know you're following something of a JRPG trope there but that just looks a bit... odd.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
jack_norton
Level 0

Better be independent.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:48:56 AM »

Lol yes in other poses the bat wings are positioned on the shoulders... where they probably should be all the time :D

I realized screenshots were too big, so I'm posting smaller ones. Check this techno-furry superhero called SuperFoxy:

jack_norton
Level 0

Better be independent.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:52:02 AM »

http://www.winterwolves.net/temp/ULTest.zip
it's a zip with PC/Mac/Linux executable combined of a small techdemo of my upcoming semi-real time battle system.

I'm particularly interested to know if runs badly (too slow) since I'm pushing Ren'Py again to the limits, the game has animated backgrounds and lots of big transparent sprites so uses quite a lot of VRAM.
You can only move left/right using the arrows right now :D
Note that in the game, you won't be able to move quickly left or right, so don't consider the "skipping" you see if you quickly press the keys since that will never happen in the game.
Thanks Smiley

agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »

Apart from the clipping you mentioned, everything is super smooth on my laptop (not a gaming one).
jack_norton
Level 0

Better be independent.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »

Cool, thanks for testing it. I'm particularly interested in those non-gaming PC indeed. On my netbook was working OK (not super smooth, but playable).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic