Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:33:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDuck It! HTML5 pixel-barfing platformer made in 45hrs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Duck It! HTML5 pixel-barfing platformer made in 45hrs  (Read 1882 times)
zircon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »

Play it for free here! (Firefox recommended): http://www.spacewhalestudios.com/duckit

Duck It! was our (Space Whale Studios') entry into the 2011 Philly GameJam (hosted by TooManyGames and our local IGDA chapter.) Being that it was around Mother's Day, the theme was "Mothers." Obviously, we decided to make a game where you're a mother duck running through a creepy black-and-white world and the goal is to make it to your young and vomit pixels on them. It's inspired by games like Canabalt with some action and physics elements thrown in for good measure, not to mention everything is pseudorandomly generated for infinite ducking action! (Complete with "duckstep" intro music and KMFDM ripoff level music)

Trailer:

The game was developed using HTML5 and the Impact engine in 45 hours total. Our team consisted of two artists, two programmers and one musician/sound designer (me!) We managed to win the WTF? award for our efforts. Proof:

We'd like to keep developing the game further, so feel free to give us your feedback. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:32:45 PM by zircon » Logged
Ronsho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »

Tough!  If you were going for masocore, I think you succeeded.  It did seem like a for few of the horizontal spikes, if you land on top of the bricks they are coming out of, you still die.  I stopped halfway through level 2, and I think keeping them short like the first level would be great.  I did enjoy it, though.
poe
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »

If you hit the floor or ceiling when you jump from the opposite, and hold the jump button you can float and fall on demand Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic