Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:12:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKing Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game  (Read 54701 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 03:33:20 AM »

Will be doing a MP session tonight with some friends. Will make sure to ask how they like it.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 04:44:00 AM »

Will be doing a MP session tonight with some friends. Will make sure to ask how they like it.
Sweet, it's a shame bombs are so IMBA at the moment then Droop Hope you enjoy it in the rough state that it's in Wink

We're looking into a proper resource system at the moment that should reduce the amount of bomb-spam, requiring you to buy them to resupply and the like.

poe
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:34 AM »

Geti, don't know if you know but I'm working on the official website for you guys Wink so you will be seeing more of me after all bwahahaha! Feel free to check it out though I'm constantly updating things.

http://dp.x10.mx/KAG/
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 11:32:52 AM »

This game is amazing! It's like minecraft/tf2. I've been playing it a lot this past week.

I can't connect to any servers now, however. I tried making my own server to check if they were all down or something, and it won't allow me to do that so I'm assuming its a problem with the "master server".

knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »

Thank you for saving me the $10 I would have spent on Terraria! I'm having some trouble with getting into the combat but the controls feel smooth and their was very little lag. Good Job! Keep it up!

EDIT:It appears I'm having the same problem as Atnas
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:09:55 PM by knight » Logged
Nix
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 05:03:07 PM »

HURRY UP WITH THE LINUX BUILD KTHANKS
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »

HURRY UP WITH THE LINUX BUILD KTHANKS
http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/5693449126/linux-client-available

I'm assuming its a problem with the "master server".
Yeah, does seem that way <_< We're looking into it.

Nix
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »

oh. You might want to update the OP  Smiley
Lo-Fi
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »

Hey there, I tried out your game, but had some problems getting it to work. When I launched the game, I couldn't get any of the buttons on the menu to work. The game would attempt to go full screen when I clicked the button, but then it would revert to windowed mode and nothing happened. I tried clicking the buttons multiple times and finally got one to work, and then they all started to work.

Once I got into a game (I started my own), I couldn't see the ground tiles at all. I would have continued playing, but the invisible ground made it unplayable.

Nix
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »

The linux client starts and ends just fine on my Ubuntu Natty box, but after it closes, the resolution of my screen is all screwed up. You might look into that.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 05:18:06 PM »

Hey there, I tried out your game, but had some problems getting it to work. When I launched the game, I couldn't get any of the buttons on the menu to work. The game would attempt to go full screen when I clicked the button, but then it would revert to windowed mode and nothing happened. I tried clicking the buttons multiple times and finally got one to work, and then they all started to work.

Once I got into a game (I started my own), I couldn't see the ground tiles at all. I would have continued playing, but the invisible ground made it unplayable.

Same issue regarding invisible terrain and such.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »

The linux client starts and ends just fine on my Ubuntu Natty box, but after it closes, the resolution of my screen is all screwed up. You might look into that.
:/ damn. We'll look into it, I'm not coding for once though so it could take a while Tongue
Hey there, I tried out your game, but had some problems getting it to work.
System specs would be helpful, as would any log file data.

@Dragonmaw: you too Smiley Can't fix issues like this with no indication of what might be causing them

EDIT: oh yeah, the masterserver is down at the moment -> no multiplayer :/ hopefully it'll be back in a few hours, can't guarantee anything though..
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:26:51 PM by Geti » Logged

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »

I fixed the invisible terrain by deleting my old folder and reinstalling from build 32 (the one on the tumblr), autoupdate seemed to be the culprit. This solution fixed it for a lot of people since the new release who showed up on servers with the same problem.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

I'll update the OP link then Shrug then at least we'll have less people with the same issue.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »

I fixed it via a driver update.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »

^ Yes plix!

I have the same problem. (Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu Classic desktop (Gnome), 64-bit).

As an unrelated problem, I get no sound:
Code:
Could not open sound file: Sounds/Music/fanfare.ogg
Could not open sound file: Sounds/gui/back.ogg
Could not open sound file: Sounds/gui/back.ogg
Could not open sound file: Sounds/gui/menuclick.ogg
Could not open sound file: Sounds/gui/menuclick.ogg
Could not open sound file: Sounds/gui/option.ogg
Could not open sound file: Sounds/gui/option.ogg

I can't get a server list, either. But that seems to be a known problem.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 04:29:17 AM »

No serverlist is due to the masterserver being down... We're still working on it, it's just not cooperating Shrug ETA on a fix is within 24 hours.

poe
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2011, 06:36:47 AM »

I got Jeb to tweet about KAG :3
His Twitter
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 07:08:32 AM »

so any news on a survival mode?
or is adding one to this game too soon?
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 09:26:07 AM »

Hm actually, the invisible terrain problem came back for me and switching in and out of fullscreen fixed it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic