Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:15:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKing Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game  (Read 54790 times)
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2013, 01:01:58 AM »

KAG is now in public beta, feel free to try out the game Smiley

Here's the announce vid, cheesy as ever:

Stuff in the beta:

Feels great to have it back to public status, will be continuing to update until it's ready for steam, and continue patching as necessary after that. Been more than 2 years in the making but it's getting there Smiley Just played all afternoon to see how people are taking it, seems fairly cheerful overall, a few people clinging on to old builds as holy grails but I've got a feeling its mostly rose tinted glasses.

Wondering if I should update the original post.. Smiley

eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »

Wow, interesting that nobody outside of the developer has replied to this topic in almost two years... but sure, the thread could have been maintained better, as you said.

I think you should post the awesome gifs from your website at least:

The game itself seems really cool, although the sprites feel a tad too small for the close combat the opening mission places you in. But I should hold off commenting further until I can try it with a gamepad, because it wasn't an optimal experience for me with a mouse.

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »

Is there any single-player yet?  Beg
I've always thought it looked great, but multi-player, bleurgh!

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
akoluthic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »

Just found out about this yesterday - looks amazing.  I love the explosion/destruction stuff, so unique.

Twitter | Soundtrack and trailer composer - worked on:CRAWL, Soviet Jump Game (Game Grumps), PULSAR: Lost Colony, and others. Currently solo developing Chrysalis
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »

Well done Geti and co, KAG is pretty darn brilliant. Smiley

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »

Is there any single-player yet?  Beg
I've always thought it looked great, but multi-player, bleurgh!
A tiny bit, but at the moment it only serves as a tutorial. We're looking to expand it some more in the future, but our focus is, and always will be on multiplayer for this and probably most future games. It's a good draw card to have when it comes to indie games because everyone seems to think networking is some sort of magic Smiley

Wow, interesting that nobody outside of the developer has replied to this topic in almost two years... but sure, the thread could have been maintained better, as you said.
My focus has been on our actual forums and press rather than on TIGSource, tbh Smiley
The game itself seems really cool, although the sprites feel a tad too small for the close combat the opening mission places you in. But I should hold off commenting further until I can try it with a gamepad, because it wasn't an optimal experience for me with a mouse.
Let me know how that goes, I've never even tried using a gamepad and have no idea if it's compatible, as both MM and I are PC gamers at heart.
Well done Geti and co, KAG is pretty darn brilliant. Smiley
Cheers Smiley
Just found out about this yesterday - looks amazing.  I love the explosion/destruction stuff, so unique.
Out of interest, where did you hear about it?

-Roach-
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »

Really good stuff Smiley

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »

KAG is on Steam!
Topic about it here, since it's not really playtesting/devlog related: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37008.0

Thanks for the support over the years, TIGS Beer!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »

Congrats mate! Smiley

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2013, 07:25:16 PM »

Cheers Smiley Feel's great, tbh, especially numbers like 300+ people constantly online since it went live, which is a significant swell from normal numbers (80-150). Waiting for the next few days before looking at graphs and numbers with any significance, but sales have been good so far Corny Laugh

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2013, 08:19:15 AM »

Good to hear! Was waiting for this to drop on steam before I snagged it.

Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2013, 04:56:07 AM »

Congrats, mate! Beer!
Orymus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »

Interesting game overall.
I wish I was able to go fullscreen windowed on this, as sometimes, the visual looks a bit small (I'd be ok resizing it and living with the pixelated look).
The reason for this is there are subtleties to combat, such as blocking a hit which causes your opponent to be stunned, but they don't show much from afar, leading to clicking frenzy.
I like the classes, and I think they fit nicely, but I can't help but think the warrior is superior for the most part, especially vs archers.

Otherwise, it looks a lot like similar games (Terraria) and I haven't gotten to the point where it gets drastically different. Did I miss something?
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2013, 09:36:09 PM »

Its mostly pvp competitive team play instead of pve co-op/sandbox. That's the primary difference.

While there isn't a proper working fullscreen windowed mode (that we could find in irrlicht), you can change the resolution in the pre-game launcher; there's a "proper" fullscreen there but like all fullscreen modes some weird stuff can happen.

Orymus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2013, 04:43:13 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out!
Smiley
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2014, 05:39:20 PM »

Congrats!! I love this game, put in about 50 hours so far. The pixel art is awesome, too  Kiss 

Last night my team had only trees left, so we had several saw mills and built everything out of wood which is dangerous UNLESS you make a bunch of water buckets and set them everywhere in the fort. Then it can be a decent strategy. I was running around with a bucket putting out fires going "WEEEE OOOO WEEE OOO WEEE OOOOO"

Wink

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »

Coffee I do love it when there's a dedicated fire control team running around, or just active builders in general. Makes holding a perimeter that much more sensible. Glad someone's getting some use out of the buckets, haha. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game.

poe
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2014, 07:21:57 PM »

Congrats on steam Smiley
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2014, 06:21:39 PM »

Hahaha I just had an amazing battle where we had 1of3 flags vs their 3 flags for over an hour and then we came back and won. The best part was, I trapped one of their knights with stone in our fort's basement. At first our knights wanted to get in and kill him, but I said "he was our pet", and that "we must study him for science to learn their weakness". He never suicided, and he played along saying he was hungry. After like 30 minutes he finally broke free when they bombed part of our base. Let loose on the battle field, likely hungry for flesh and vengeance.

His name was Danfango or something similar.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:31:28 PM by Ted Martens » Logged

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »

Hahaha, yeah it's always fun when you get someone who'll go that extra mile of imprisonment Smiley I successfully "mugged" a builder for his gold underground recently, let him go with his life. He dobbed on me to his teamies and they tried very hard to reclaim the unjustly gained nuggets, only realising later that they'd been used to buy a fresh wave of migrants at our main hall.

Wish CTF Servers were more populated in Australia though, haha.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic