Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 01:27:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFranchise: Soundtrack added
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Franchise: Soundtrack added  (Read 19277 times)
Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »

More of the same this week, single player testing and various bug fixes.

I only have four single player stages left to test.  I plan to get them all done next week, which will free up a lot more time for working on other things.

The usual download links:

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

What would John Carmack do?
Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »

I finished my single player testing this week, and it took me just over 60 hours to complete the game.

I was targeting 40, so this is a pleasant surprise.  It took me a little under 6 hours to beat the final stage, and I was completely engrossed in it the whole time.  I was shocked when I finally won, and then checked the clock.

I spent the end of this week trying to get the Haiku port of the editor up to feature complete status, and I actually made it.

I still have several bugs to fix, so it's not quite done yet, but the worst is behind me.

In game news, not much to talk about.  More minor bug fixes and tweaks.  My graphics guy has finally recovered from some personal problems, so hopefully I can push out some model updates next week.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 12:18:24 PM »

This week I implemented a "simple" graphics mode that basically looks like you're playing the editor.  This is great for lower-end systems.

The configuration program has been updated to support this new option.

I've also made a number of interface improvements.  Vehicles carrying personnel now display their passenger as an icon.  At the moment these are just small versions of the personnel icons, but I plan to replace them with something better.

I've also made it so that targets eligible for the double-click quick-attack shortcut are highlighted in red.  This effect doesn't quite work yet on all of the terrain, but it will once the terrain shaders are finalized.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

This week was spent dealing with a lot of little things that had been piling up.  Most notably, I finally got around to implementing upper limits on a lot of game areas, such as money, income, turns, units in storage, and so forth.

I also got the Haiku front end for the game about as close to completion as I can.  Until GNAT gets ported to Haiku, the game can't be built, but the support code is now there and once I'm able I plan to start pumping out Haiku binaries.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »

I was doing a massive "spring cleaning" on my apartment this week, so I wasn't able to get very much done.  Most notably, I spent a lot of time re-architecting the suite to allow full support for unicode pathnames.  The server still needs to be updated, but the configuration, editor, and game now have support for unicode paths.  The game doesn't render unicode text, and there are no plans to make it do so, but if you have a unicode username all of the files that lie under your home directory, such as saved games, will now work properly.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2012, 08:26:40 AM »

This week I added a few basic sound effects and some placeholder textures for the hex tiles.  I also did the shader work to color all of the resources.  They're still "placeholder colors" but at least the resources are distinguishable now.

DOWNLOAD LINKS HAVE CHANGED!

I've been doing a rework of my website and thinks got a little reorganized.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2012, 08:01:18 AM »

This week we got a prototype ant-vehicle turret in place with some limited animation.

Right now it correctly tracks its target and has a firing animation.  I still need to do vertical tracking and add an actual projectile.  I also need to deal with turrets being constructed on elevated terrain.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »

This week I implemented a simple 3D animation system and created some proof-of-concept animations for the anti-vehicle turrets.  They are exceedingly crappy, and they will be replaced eventually.  I also now have some new terrain textures, the mountains and the hills in particular look pretty nice to me.

My website now has a crappy, low quality intro/tutorial video.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:55:21 AM by Average Software » Logged

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »

I didn't get much done this week because I've been dealing with some job interview stuff.  I did manage to add a simple projectile to the anti-vehicle turrets, and I also made a narrated video demonstrating how the game works.

The video can be found on my website, but the quality is not the best.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »

The video link doesn't seem to be working, I get a 404 from http://www.averagesoftware.org/videos/franchise.mp4
Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »

The video link doesn't seem to be working, I get a 404 from http://www.averagesoftware.org/videos/franchise.mp4

What browser are you using?  It looks like it isn't honoring my <base> tag.

http://www.averagesoftware.org/franchise/videos/franchise.mp4 will work if nothing else.

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2012, 06:33:50 AM »

I haven't gotten much done this week because I've been doing interviews and stuff for a job.  I got the job, so sadly I won't have as much time for this project as I did before.

This is my last 'weekly demo,' and as such I'm including the full game/server source.  Progress on the game will still be posted here, but I wouldn't expect any more releases until I have a finished product.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 10:01:55 AM »

OK, so I lied.  I have another weekly demo, and maybe one more to follow.

I didn't do a whole lot this week.  I basically just got a preliminary anti-personnel firing effect in.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24:20 PM »

I did a little work on handling terrain heights this week, and moving units now jump up and down to reflect the height of the terrain they're moving to.  It's just a first step, and I need to go back and work on getting a smooth transition.

The anti-personnel turret also now takes the height of its target into account.

I start my new job on Monday, so this is the last of the regularly scheduled demos.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2012, 07:43:49 AM »

I have the day off from work today, so I found some time to squeeze out a new demo.

Mostly minor bug fixed here.  Most importantly I found that I had accidentally broken the keybinding menu, which I have fixed.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »

Figured I should post a new update, since I've actually found time to start working on this again.

This release features a number of performance improvements and bug fixes.  The largest is the addition of medium and low detail graphics modes, which at the moment just have really crappy versions of all the textures.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »

I've added some sample music to the game that I ripped from some other games, mostly to serve as an example of the sort of music that I'm looking for.  I've also fixed a number of LAN play bugs.  Unfortunately, I've uncovered several internet play bugs that I'm still trying to fix, so the internet option is rather unstable at the moment.

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Elrinth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2012, 06:03:27 AM »

I'm going to give so constructive feedback.

First of all "Select Map 1st" before you can select franchise.
this was not 100% obvious when I started the game. Then u have to select human / ai.
I guess you will add this to your manual.

HotSeat:
(1) One screen with only map selection
(2) One screen with the players which should be in the game.
Atleast one Human and one AI should be selected by default OR indicate with a diffent colour that it has to be selected first. (oh and continue button should not be available until you've selected atleast 2 players)
(3) Last screen with the game options:
Starting gold, monsters allowed or not, and all structures and vehicles n stuff.

I tried starting the game alone... Only me... After moving all my units I got: "Red wins the game" :D I thought this was a bit silly, but after that nothing happens. Perhaps a score screen can popup, or a dialogue which allows u to quit back to the menu.

So I played thru a hotseat match against AI. It was actually pretty fun! I liked the sfx, the music and the graphics. It's kinda sad the characters are just flat chars. But still it really worked!

Only thing I can complain over just a bit are the controls. They are kinda obvious, but I made a few mistakes and canceling some times where I could've shot. Like with a char which is right next to and enemy I push space first, then I push A button to attack. Then when I control a char which is supposed to walk I walk first to an enemy, then I tap space by mistake canceling that units attack.
Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »

We now have some fantastic restaurant logos, and I wanted to show them off:

Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 05:24:54 AM »

The game's soundtrack has been largely completed, and I've posted a new build with 24 minutes of awesome original music!

Linux x86
Mac OS X (Intel only)
Windows

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic