Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:19:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationDragonStabber [FINISHED]*
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: DragonStabber [FINISHED]*  (Read 22946 times)
kingbaggot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:16:19 AM »

whoops-i had the deadline down as tonighht and was caught was my trousers down.

*EDIT2* I've fixed the no dragons over 100ft bug and added some more spines ! It's still waaaay too short to be a storm trooper though.

I only managed to get three days on it - It's an 'old-fashioned' riding on a log style game where the position of the logbits are generated on the fly by the movement of a mouse tracking 'inviso-worm'.

mouse to move left & right, hold mouse to move up the dragon, click on the head spot to stab that fracker. Later dragons would be more jaunty, and with diff heads and spine positions based on the rolling and tilting.

www.kingbaggot.com/dragonStabber.html
and also
www.kingbaggot.com/dragonStabber2.html
to see the level genrating verm in space !

apologies for a how kinder garden it all is, I'd didne release how much work people were going to put into their entries, so many of them are A Mazing !

respect to the space cat !

-kb.

p.s if i've posted this in the wrong section please don't beat me up poppa.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:14:47 AM by kingbaggot » Logged
Quetz
Level 0

Eht.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »

Kiss

This has my seal of approval.

Edit: though it is a bit frustrating when your most righteous knight goes hurling off the dragon at the beginning because you didn't have your mouse at the center.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:37:10 AM »

First things first, put the PG icon next to your thread title, and if the game's finished add [FINISHED] to the title as well.

Secondly, I'll play it soonish.

EDIT: After playing it, I found it neat, though you could have done a greaer variation in the obstacles of each dragon. Also, you should warn people to keep the mouse on the center at the start of each dragon. It's also pretty hard past the second.

Nice work though. Shadow of the Colossus inspired? Tongue
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:46:35 AM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:03:26 AM »

Haha, that's cool. I love the "princess is in another castle!" element.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »

sweet little game Smiley

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
jph wacheski
Level 1

It's only a matter of folding time and space,..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 10:40:41 AM »

cool!  had fun,. 91 footer knocked me off,. great animation. and overall look and feel.  could have more gameplay,. but not sure what.  At least you don't have to ride a horse all over the land to get to the next one..,

http://iterationGAMES.com
http://jph_wacheski.itch.io/
all my itch.io games are now pay-what-you-like Wink
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »

cool!  had fun,. 91 footer knocked me off,. great animation. and overall look and feel.  could have more gameplay,. but not sure what.  At least you don't have to ride a horse all over the land to get to the next one..,

I liked the horse. Sad

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »

Shadow of the Colossus inspired? Tongue
Nah, I don't get the feeling he wants to me feel like a complete jackass for killing the giant monsters. Wink

I really like the main character's in-game animations. So smooth. Dying on the spikes could be handled graphically a little better, since he falls to earth *above* the dragon, which also covers the reset timer until he flies past.

shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 02:03:59 PM »

The Conan music loop and the comment after defeating the monster really cracked me up :D
Plays nice and smoothly, but as you said, would be nice to have some other obstacles or hazards, and more of a minigame for the stabbing in the head bit. Great stuff given the time though!

zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »

I liked the pseudo-3D look with the chunky cut-out graphics.  Very cool.  The animation was smooth and the humor campy.  A bit on the limited side for variety, but still a fun bit of stabbiness!
Cheers,
--Zack
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 04:08:40 AM »

Haha, I love the basic concept and the campiness of it all.  Major bonus points for Conan the Barbarian music. :D

I'd also like to see the it polished and expanded a bit, but for a small game, it's great.  The sudden deaths from falling are part of the charm, I think.
diaskeaus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 05:03:36 PM »

Who knows why?  But I can't play it.  Maybe your server is blocked in China (where I live).
Quetz
Level 0

Eht.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 05:08:46 PM »

I made it to the 111-foot dragon, but there was no dragon! So my guy just flew out into the air and died. Was that a bug or is there just no dragon after the 91-footer?
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »

It's the Indie SotC!

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
kingbaggot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »

whoopshots part deux !

Dragons go blank afer 111ft eh? I think I left some numbers unchecked in my june5th rush - I'll fix that and add a bit of extra spinal visual interest in my lunch break today. Thanks for the kind commens tiggers !

Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 03:30:01 AM »

So yOu decided To make it Challenging?

Gentleman

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
kingbaggot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:01 AM »

hehheh yes, I was Somewhat Overzealous To Complete it at all....

Daniel Benmergui
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »

I enjoyed this game for a while... good work!

Daniel.
Ludomancy
DragonMcNexus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 06:33:41 AM »

I to made it to the 111 foot dragon only to fall to my doom. but it was nice to know that I didnt have to slay another one of my favourite animals great game though it could of done with some more gameplay elements. A thought I had was a transaction (Jump) from one dragon to another prehaps after slaying the dragon the player has to click onto the tail of the next one in order to proceed to the next level. Overall i give it a 8/10.
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

Wow, this is really awesome. I especially like how you can tell you're getting close to the end of each dragon by how turbulent the gameplay becomes... good signal of progress. Pretty tough game though...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic