I'm really tired of moving, changing, editing, and otherwise having to clean up topics made by new members. So here are some guidelines beyond the general Rules 2.0 thread (which you should have already read).
POSTING GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW THAT WILL GET YOU GREAT SEX1.) POST THREADS IN THE CORRECT FORUMS
Before making a thread, sit down and think for one moment. Consider the thread you are making. What is it about? How will the discussion proceed? Where would it fit best? What I'm saying is stop putting threads in the wrong forums. I'll provide a real simple guideline for you.
- If a thread is about any aspect of game creation, put it in one of the numerous developer forums.
- If a thread is about a game in particular, and you or your team made it:
- Not finished, no build to share? Devlogs.
- Not finished, build for members to try? Feedback.
- Finished, potentially awaiting publishing? Announcements.
2.) DON'T MAKE THREADS FOR A WHILE AFTER JOINING
- If a thread is about a game or franchise, and you or your team didn't make it, and there is no thread for it already, put it in games
- If a thread is about nothing in particular, or real life stuff, or just goofing off, put it in general
We very much frown on people best described as solicitors: those who join, post once to market their game, then leave. TIGS is not an advertisement community, it is a development community. Before making ANY TOPICS AT ALL, post in other topics, preferably those in Feedback. We value people who are here for community, not for advertisements. This is obviously not a strict guideline (like above) but it is generally best followed. You will be much more respected.3.) DO NOT MAKE THREADS SPECIFICALLY ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FORUM
It's a no-no. Your thread will be removed. This doesn't mean threads that have gone off-topic into particular members being called out, but rather threads made with the explicit purpose to threaten, cajole, harass, or otherwise intimidate other members.4.) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SECRET FORUM
All people saying otherwise are liars.
With the exception of the Mancrib.5.) PLEASE DO NOT USE TIRED INTERNET MEMES
It's really fucking annoying.