I just tried it out, and I like it so far. It was pretty easy (except Greenland AAAAARGH), but I can see a lot of potential for cool physics puzzles, and I love puzzles. Adding more types of robots will definitely help make things more interesting. I compiled a list of problems that I noticed when playing through the demo:
- I noticed a weird, subtle horizontal line graphical artifact going across the screen, especially when the screen scrolled vertically. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that easily, and it wasn't too bad.
- I'm sure you're aware of this, but the jetpack robots can't be righted if they get in certain positions, which forced me to restart levels several times. Somewhat annoying.
- Could you add a quick way to restart the level when you get stuck or die?
- Are you planning on having music or sound effects?
- The success screen is a little jarring when it comes up immediately after pressing the last switch. Even after making a note of this I was still confused on Countdown when the level suddenly ended after I collected a battery... but I figured out what happened. Maybe fade the level out into the success screen?
- It seems a little weird that you can bounce pretty high off of platforms, even though the springiness of them isn't that high. I was able to break a part of Platform Commander by bouncing off of the platform to the right of the start without using the terminal.
- The fact that switches aren't pressed when just the side is held down is slightly annoying. In Celldrop I got the last battery onto the switch, but it didn't actually trigger it...
It worked fine the second time though.
- It seems that you can't push blocks if you're right next to them and have no velocity, even if you are holding down the arrow key.
- Maybe you should make platforms stop a lot more quickly/jerkily when you turn them off? It wasn't immediately clear to me that I was turning them off/on by pressing ctrl.
- Greenland... this level has a few problems
. The first part was pretty boring, and then the jumps just get ridiculous with respect to how long the level is and having to do the first part over again each time. Near the end (I think it was near the end, I actually gave up on that one) there was a blind jump, and I failed to correctly guess where the platform would be. All the other levels were excellent though!
- I briefly tried the editor, and trying to use H to test the level crashed the game for me. (I'm running Mac OS X.)
Anyway, that's a long list, and I'll put it up on your forum too, but I did enjoy the game and look forward to seeing more. And as a side note, I like the kitty grab mechanic - I thought it added a lot.