Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:43:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPS Vita
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: PS Vita  (Read 31885 times)
poe
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:47:58 PM »

I sort of wanted it.
Saw Little Big Planet had multiplayer.
Wanted it more.

Heard rumor that it might be able to run Xperia games(Minecraft)
Wanted it badly.

3G Errywhere, I don't have an iPhone so no portable web browser...
Want it bad.

Have to pay for 3G
Still want.

Anyone else baffled at the lack of information given on the official site? I assume most stuff is rumors but there are some press conferences and stuff that they just didn't put up.
Love Sony's professionalism!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »

Looking forward to it, but hoping it'll have some decent launch titles. Little Big Planet doesn't interest me and Uncharted interests me even less.

I have an iPhone, so no 3G for me.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »

I believe the Xperia Play games only refers to the "Playstation Certified" games which are run on Sony's software. I believe Minecraft Pocket Edition is being made as a native Android game with Xperia Play input support, not as a "Playstation Mini", or whatever Sony is calling them.

poe
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 03:57:10 PM »

Yeah a lot of my purchase depends on further information being released. If they come out and say you can't do Xperia apps, the 3G costs money, and that they don't have any new launch titles I'll hold off at least.

Also wow, if Minecraft isn't going to work on the PS Vita they're clearly missing out on a market there.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »

Of course the 3G is going to cost money.
poe
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »

Of course the 3G is going to cost money.

I can't really tell because the wording he used in the press conference is so vague. He either meant it is free for AT&T customers or it is free, and with AT&T.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »

I may get one late in 2012. Both 3DS and Vita are plagued by sequels, the difference is I'm not interested in the sequels Vita has. It has Hot Shots Golf, though, I'm a sucker for those games.
poe
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »

Forgot to mention that Bioshock infinite is a buying point for me:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/06/bioshock-infinite-to-support-move-ps-vita-game-in-the-works/
Conker534
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »

Wheres pokemon?
poe
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »

Wheres pokemon?

Can't tell if trolling... I'm sure there will be custom firmware for it to play pokemon if you really want it.
Conker534
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 05:15:29 PM »

I'm a nintendo fan boy when it comes to this stuff. XD
Uykered
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »

It's a pity they're not planning on making it work with PS2 games. Just PS1 like PSP.
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 12:40:27 AM »

I'm completely sold. I like the capabilities of the hardware better than 3ds, I like the lineup of future games better than 3ds, and I like the "social" aspects that have been announced. I will probably get a 3ds after a price cut because, hopefully, by then some games that I'll care about will be out by then.

The only thing that is keeping the little bit of attention I have left for the 3ds is the first party games, which I'm not really even THAT into because most of the announced games are just remakes of older games. I AM excited for "Super Mario" though. Smiley

Games for Vita that I'm excited for:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
ModNation Racers
Street Fighter X Tekken
Hot Shots Golf Next
Little Deviants
Little Big Planet
Sound Shapes

Game I want to see a litte more on before I get excited:
Ruin
Wipeout 2048
Reality Fighters
Gravity Daze
Dynasty Warriors (Maybe it could give the series a much needed boost of innovation)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 01:47:30 AM »

It's a pity they're not planning on making it work with PS2 games. Just PS1 like PSP.
Yup, that sucks. It's probably because PS2 consoles and games are still being sold, same reason why they broke the PS3's backwards compat.

If the PS2 finally dies during the PSV's lifespan we might still see some games on PSN though, who knows...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:37:50 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 08:57:40 AM »

^ I'm hoping once the PS2 dies, Sony will be like "oh! we just figured how to make your PS3 play PS2 games with this new update!".
poe
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »

Also I hope they built this strong enough to play PS2 games so they can build their own emulator like they did with the PSP, as others have said. But even if they don't release PS2 games for a while I won't mind Wink
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »

Aha, a Vita thread. *revive*

I'm rather excited for it. I should get to try one at Eurogamer Expo next weekend, so I'm looking forward to that. In the meantime though it's all looking quite promising.

Gravity Daze looks pretty cool.

I'm also looking forward to playing some PSP games that I never tried, having never bought a PSP. I read that most downloadable PSP games will be compatible.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 10:29:08 AM »

So, 3-5 hours of battery life.

Of course, assuming you turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off, use the dafult brightness setting and use headphones.

What's up with both Sony and Nintendo believing battery life is not a big deal for a handheld?
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »

Yeah, I didn't want to revive the thread in too negative a manner, but the battery life is my main concern, as with the 3DS. At least on the 3DS the battery is replaceable so there's the hope of replacing it with a better one sometime; don't know if the same is true of the Vita.

I suppose, play the 3DS while the Vita charges?

Headless Man
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »

Gravity Daze does look cool.  I am completely over gravity-changing in 2D, but in 3D and actual violence it ought to be fun.  Really dislike the character art tho.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic