Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:04:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMovies
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87
Print
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 174920 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1280 on: November 15, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »

I just saw John Wick. It was pretty good for 90 minutes of virtually non-stop action
Pros: Casting was perfect, cinematography, directing and editing were masterful
Cons: Keanu has a scene were he's meant to yell with emotion but it was really laughable, like Christian Bale's batman voice. The plot is a boring and undeveloped excuse for non-stop action scenes
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:31:07 PM by Mittens » Logged

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1281 on: November 16, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »

On friday I was chilling at home (alone) so I decided to get on netflix and watch a movie, so I wathed this animated film called Secret of Kells.

It was pretty good! I loved the art style, it used little to no perspective as if they were ancient drawings from irish mythology. Pretty interesting art direction! Also I personally love irish accents which most of the characters had. The only thing I didn't like about the movie is that the pacing was really slow and the story was a bit tangled, leaving me with a bunch of questions in the end. However that wasn't too bad, as the animation was absolutely gorgeous and the whole film was so magical and relaxing.

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1282 on: November 18, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »

Yeah, Interstellar was a pretty unique and interesting film. Soundtrack was fantastic, acting and writing was superb, and as science geek, I was so happy that the science in the film had a spotlight on it, and was also sound in its portrayal. There were a few moments, particularly when Michael Caine and Mcconaughey were speaking, that sounded like 4th grade scientist dialogue and didn't really come off as believable, but I also recognize that they had to explain such abstract concepts to us in a way that was tangible and real.  The pipe organ used in the soundtrack was spectacular!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 21, 2014, 04:25:53 AM »

One of the more interesting films I've watched "recently" (months ago) was Submarine (not because I'm making submarine game ok). All I knew about it was it had "that kid from Spy Kids" in it and decided to watch it just for fun. But it wasn't funny. It was serious. And artsy. I hadn't expected that at all. It made and impression on me and reminded me about some personal experiences. Neat flick.

For some less heavy experiences, tho, I ordered Back to the future trilogy and a season of MacGyver. I've seen all of that before many times, tho. Watched the first BttF so far.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1284 on: November 21, 2014, 06:18:56 AM »

One of the more interesting films I've watched "recently" (months ago) was Submarine (not because I'm making submarine game ok). All I knew about it was it had "that kid from Spy Kids" in it and decided to watch it just for fun. But it wasn't funny. It was serious. And artsy. I hadn't expected that at all. It made and impression on me and reminded me about some personal experiences. Neat flick.

it's funny because i had the opposite experience with submarine; i went into it expecting a serious artsy thing and i was shocked at how funny it was; there was charm in nearly every frame. it felt like a really dour wes anderson flick.

i guess that's all up to taste, though!

jiitype
« Reply #1285 on: November 21, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »

Finally decided to check out Frozen. I wasn't expecting much but it was actually pretty good. I was really surprised that it actually felt like a Disney movie - in a good way. I should probably check out more of these newer animations. Is Tangled any good?
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1286 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »

Tangled feels too much like it's trying to appeal to preteen girls. Which I suppose was what the original Disney princess movies were trying to do as well, but I felt like those were more universal.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1287 on: November 22, 2014, 04:22:32 AM »

Finally decided to check out Frozen. I wasn't expecting much but it was actually pretty good. I was really surprised that it actually felt like a Disney movie - in a good way. I should probably check out more of these newer animations. Is Tangled any good?
I thought frozen was boring and dumb but I enjoyed tangled so make of that what you will

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 23, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »

I thought the music from Frozen was much stronger than the actual movie. It wasn't a bad movie at all but the music is probably why people reacted to it so strongly.

Think happy thoughts.
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1289 on: November 23, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »

Am I the only person in the world that hated the music in Frozen? I like music, I love musicals, I love disney, but "let it go" was just a shrill, irritating song with no redeeming features.

Looked pretty though.

http://youtu.be/u9B_JPa4TKU?t=35s

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1290 on: November 23, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »

I think parents liked it cuz of the sneaky anti premarital sex message

also cuz it got oscars for animation because the judges didn't watch any of the other nominees
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 03:23:03 PM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
jiitype
« Reply #1291 on: November 23, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »

Academy Awards are stupid and pointless anyway
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1292 on: November 29, 2014, 08:42:55 AM »

So tonight I'm going to have a sneaky little smoke and watch 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time - I'm rather excited!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1293 on: November 29, 2014, 08:51:47 AM »

by smoke im assuming you mean weed, cause 2001 is really hard to watch the whole thing when fully conscious. I think it's brilliant, but I will admit I spent a lot of the time during the long scenes just thinking about my life and stuff.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1294 on: November 29, 2014, 09:17:23 AM »

I did not inhale.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1295 on: November 29, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »

I thought frozen was boring and dumb but I enjoyed tangled so make of that what you will
+1
Frozen overrated, Tangled awesome

PS: I must insist that everyone watch Predestination (2014)
It's a time travel movie with wicked story telling

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1296 on: November 30, 2014, 01:12:59 AM »

Watched City of God and City of Men last night, really interesting films about gangs in Brazil. Really liked the colour grading in them as well, not many movies try to look that colourful and vibrant these days.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1297 on: December 01, 2014, 12:46:09 AM »

City of God was a really pleasant surprise, I didn't expect much of this movie.

I really want to go and see Nightcrawler, Gone Girl and the remastered 2001: Space Odyssey (I think I was 11 when I las saw it). So many movies, so little money and time :x

Is Birdman any good? The trailer looked... intriguing.

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1298 on: December 01, 2014, 02:14:46 AM »

City of God was harrowing! Very good watch.

I'm kicking myself for not seeing 2001: A Space Odyssey years ago; what an incredible movie - I'm clearly an idiot!

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 01, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »

Birdman is the best movie to come out this year.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 87
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic