Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:26:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMovies
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 87
Print
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 174901 times)
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1440 on: May 17, 2015, 04:37:34 PM »

goodbye to language is the single best way to prove 3D is a valid tool tbh. fucking incredible

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: May 18, 2015, 03:08:49 AM »

i saw the avengers its exactly the kind of dumb summer blockbuster fun you'd expect. lots of heroes making wisecracks, making references that only a few people understand, and endless action with all the superheroes. It's dumb fun.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1442 on: May 18, 2015, 08:47:29 AM »

FURY ROAD is the best action movie i've ever seen. seeing it again on saturday, will likely see it again after that. see it in theaters. don't wait for it on dvd. god. please, see this movie.

YES. and def cop the 3d IMAX on whatever largest screen you can find. its one of those rare films that justifies the existence of things like 3d IMAX. only others i can think of are interstellar and gravity. and im not saying this for the action scenes necessarily, but for the fucking VISTAS. beyond being jaw droppingly beautiful and technically peerless, the experience is like a 2 hour visual tsunami of Dali-meets-Giger, but with vastly more exploding cars and flamethrower guitar solos.

Also I saw Mad Max: Fury Road, every action movie will be compared to it from now on. And nothing will live up to it.

man, i wonder if this movie will influence directors to return to practical effects, because the difference in feel and weight of the action you see here is so huge. the set pieces have momentum and intuitive spatial logic that makes sense, investing you in the scene. you cant see this and then see Ultron or that jurassic world movie, they look like a scribbled up coloring book by comparison.

Indeed. This one is definitely one of the best action movies I have ever seen. Its so tight on everything, and so compelling, and holy hell, its been a while since i actually cared over an action scene, since all of them here have some impact on the plot.Lots of visual narrative cues and so efficient use of dialogue all over it. Ther eis so much to love about it.

BigHandInSky
Level 0

MINIMAL-ISE EVERYTHING

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1443 on: May 22, 2015, 08:40:26 AM »

[sic]

Indeed. This one is definitely one of the best action movies I have ever seen. Its so tight on everything, and so compelling, and holy hell, its been a while since i actually cared over an action scene, since all of them here have some impact on the plot.Lots of visual narrative cues and so efficient use of dialogue all over it. Ther eis so much to love about it.

I felt the same with Mad Max and John Wick (Which inadvertently by being in the UK lead to John Wick/Age of Ultron/Mad Max being a few weeks close of another), both just kept me silent and focused throughout, but damn everything there needs to be more entertainment in general with over-saturated colours - the explosions in Fury Road were just gorgeous.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1444 on: May 22, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »

Mad Max premiered over here today.
I was smiling for the whole movie, it really was just one action scene with a few interruptions.

It was a bit more fairy-tale'y than I expected with all the wacky factions, but that actually made it way better. Also loved all the grunts and grumps Max made instead of talking.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 02, 2015, 08:59:21 AM »

I've watched Kung Fury several times now, I just love it. I'm usually not into action comedy, but this is pure gold.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 02, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »

i saw the avengers its exactly the kind of dumb summer blockbuster fun you'd expect. lots of heroes making wisecracks, making references that only a few people understand, and endless action with all the superheroes. It's dumb fun.

One or two? First movie was way better imo, so if it was so bad for you probably don't watch AOU.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1447 on: June 02, 2015, 09:40:29 AM »

I've watched Kung Fury several times now, I just love it. I'm usually not into action comedy, but this is pure gold.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
Dacke you're swedish the movie is swedish I'm in sweden you linked it minutes ago how is this happening

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 02, 2015, 09:44:07 AM »

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
Dacke you're swedish the movie is swedish I'm in sweden you linked it minutes ago how is this happening

Because it's partly financed by SVT, so in the name of public service they decided to block it on YT for Swedish people. See the about section:

SWEDEN - watch on http://www.svt.se/kung-fury

But SVT Play requires Flash, so I ended up torrenting it.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 13, 2015, 05:51:52 AM »

I watched Mad Max
hype was real.

Althought watching preceding trailers just showed how shitty all the movies have become.
Insidious trailer was an actual torture. Imagine if i said to you that im gonna strap you to the chair and for a minute theres going to be a complete silence but ill gonna blast loud noices into your face atter a minute. You know whats coming, you fear for your ears but you cant escape.
San Andreas cg looked really fake. What else left when movie looks extra dumb?
Jupiter Ascending looked cool though, theres fights and flights and lizardman in a jacket but then mila kunis says she wants to fuck a dog.

Its like if writer strike was supressed with power.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1450 on: June 13, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »

I don't think I'll be able to enjoy watching action movies again after seeing Mad Max. At least until they make another one.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1451 on: June 13, 2015, 09:04:47 AM »

I watched Akira. It's amazing how well some animation ages compared to others.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1452 on: June 13, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »

going to see blue velvet in the city tonight at midnight <3

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1453 on: June 13, 2015, 04:10:01 PM »

I watched Akira. It's amazing how well some animation ages compared to others.

All-time classic. The whole movie feels like a bad drug trip, which I believe was always the point. It holds up very well, and is just as disturbing today as it was when it first came out.

I just got back from watching Jurassic World. I'm going to go ahead and give it my recommendation. While it doesn't have the depth or significance of it's predecessor, what it does deliver is one of the best modern monster movies I've seen since Pacific Rim. Right from the opening credits, it feels like a monster movie.

I think the critical backlash against Jurassic World is evidence of expectations for the movie. What I saw up on screen was structurally sound, with consistent internal logic. It wasn't as deep or thematically weighty as the original Jurassic Park, but it would have been foolhardy for the filmmakers to even attempt such a feat. Instead what I saw was a very well-crafted thrill-ride that paid homage to it's loftier predecessors without insulting its audience.

I enjoyed it immensely. If you don't like monster movies, you may want to give this one a pass. The body-count is significantly higher than most other Jurassic Park films. Fools get eaten in this movie, and the primary monster is considerably more threatening. But if you do have a taste for monster films, this one is a must-see.
Sir Reality
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 14, 2015, 12:02:23 AM »

Just watched Jurassic World, Idiocracy, Fight Club, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil and Moon yesterday.
They were pretty good.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1455 on: June 14, 2015, 07:31:18 AM »

watched idiocracy in high school and thought it was "so true". watched it again last year and i can't fucking stand it and my past self for thinking like that. i really like mike judge, too. just not idiocracy

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 07, 2015, 02:49:30 PM »

i watched the first mad max because i'd never seen it and it's... kinda bad? just a somewhat inept b-movie.

i guess in contrast to the sequels, it actually has a plot and characterization, except the plot and characterization are not very good. its a standard revenge story that had already been done in a million b-grade "action" movies at that point. also literally nothing happens for the first 60 minutes of this 90 min film. and not in a good way like in 2001 or stalker or once upon a time in the west either. the movie just doesn't go anywhere for an hour and then stuffs all the relevant plot points into the last 30 mins.

it doesnt even come close to the cool/ridiculous sets and costumes of the sequels. its just australia except cops drive gaudily painted muscle cars and wear biker leather jackets. but ok that's probably down to budget. the car stunts were cool i guess.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 07, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »

even in the context of the time? BTW the 80-90 had cool and insane concept full of energy in the composition that save the faulty, empty and shallow realisation ... the 2010 revisit and perfect them when possible, when they don't fucked up the tone (thundercat, jem, he man  Angry ).

At least that's my thought whenever I see them back, it's clearly bad but the enthusiasm is something literally lost in modern polish realization.

The really good surprise is the revival of super hero movie, marvel has made some gem that have a very good balance, as I write this I just finished looking at the winter soldier, and found it very good, Iron man 1 was great too, but thor and avenger was less good (and the following iron man).

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 07, 2015, 10:07:33 PM »

first mad max movies are the most boring action movies on earth and i dont know how they even considered a classic. Probably because of iconic setting or something.
the saddest thing is seeing fools boykoting fury road because there is no Mel Gibson.
He would be a perfect Immortan Joe though.
jiitype
« Reply #1459 on: July 08, 2015, 12:19:48 AM »

Shut up road warrior is awesome Cool
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 87
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic