Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 10:55:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGuanxi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Guanxi  (Read 13169 times)
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »

maybe you get little gifts from people and they go on shelves in your house

or maybe each person gives you a little portrait of themselves or a colourful sticker

And you cover your wall with stickers.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »

Quote from: Hangedman

Crazy I am loving this idea! I could include a little 10x10 icon sticker to represent what you did, it would be really awesome to watch your wall get taken over by stickers.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »

Some eye candy!

sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »

maybe you get little gifts from people and they go on shelves in your house

or maybe each person gives you a little portrait of themselves or a colourful sticker

This is a super cool idea! And probably way easier to implement than mine.  Smiley
Giaddon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 06:08:21 AM »

This looks set to be the Animal Crossing/platformer mashup I've always wanted! Good luck, looks great!

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »

Some eye candy!

<picca>

Wallpaper size? (1440x900) Beg

ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:24 AM »

Some eye candy!

<picca>

Wallpaper size? (1440x900) Beg

The things I do for you... Well, I didn't re-size it or anything... I hope that's alright with you. 

This looks set to be the Animal Crossing/platformer mashup I've always wanted! Good luck, looks great!

Thank you very much!  Beer!
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »

Day 49

I came up with a great idea tonight and I put it to work. The basic idea is creative advertising on the streets, maybe people will join in! If you've heard of QR codes, you'll know what you're looking at, but if you aren't familiar with this, here's an explanation.

I'll be pasting these on street corners and such. I'll be sure to show you the end results.

(By the way, the code leads to our fan-blog over here!)
sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »

DUDE. I CAN PRINT A CRAPLOAD OF THESE AT WORK AND PASTE THEM AROUND DOWNTOWN LA.

Give me.

Smiley
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 08:31:10 PM »

Awesome chunky graphics. I like the calm, no-rush idea for the gameplay - it allows you to be creative with it. Good idea.

ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

Holy crap would you do that? That would be amazing! I'm not sure on how to give you the file though. I'll send it to you in the morning.

--

Thanks solarlune, means a lot! C:
sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »

Holy crap would you do that? That would be amazing! I'm not sure on how to give you the file though. I'll send it to you in the morning.

--

Thanks solarlune, means a lot! C:

I would do that because I think this game could be very meta and I imagine being able to paste its pixel art across large buildings to create a virtual world on top of the world and have it be revealed as someone played it, creating the advent of a new kind of installation art.

That and I don't have much else to do at work sometimes.  Smiley
leonelc29
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »

I'll be pasting these on street corners and such. I'll be sure to show you the end results.

erm...won't it cost too much work and money?

it's a good idea, by the way. Smiley
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 05:24:52 AM »

I would do that because I think this game could be very meta and I imagine being able to paste its pixel art across large buildings to create a virtual world on top of the world and have it be revealed as someone played it, creating the advent of a new kind of installation art.

Woah, I was just thinking of these little simple ones going on light posts.... lol.

erm...won't it cost too much work and money?

It's not a lot of work at all! Just simply put the construction paper in the printer and print! Then take a batch to go get laminated, possibly. I'm not going to make that much, haha!

Thanks!  Smiley
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »

Day 51

Alright, so yesterday I put up my first poster on a nearby street! I didn't end up getting it laminated, so I'm not sure how it is going to last... I'll be checking on it every couple days, plus putting some more up. I'll be sure to post some final results soon.  Smiley

Also, Fluidvolt is in the process of making a track for a Winter setting, check out what he has so far!
ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »

Day 53

What's this? Level Up!!!

Darkroot is almost finished with his class, so we'll be working super fast from there on! I believe it ends August 8th, whoo!

I've finished up a lot of foliage for Summer and Spring, I'll be releasing the file with all of it after I polish it up.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »

Ah, so his level up animation's finished, huh? Nice. I feel like there should be an incentive other than pure area unlocking to level up, but I'm not sure what, since extra items might be too much.

ninto
Level 4

slowly

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »

I feel like there should be an incentive other than pure area unlocking to level up, but I'm not sure what, since extra items might be too much.

I totally agree with you, I mean who wants to play something without collecting stuff? Which is why we had this conversation two pages back I believe. I'm going to (hopefully) integrate a sticker system, where you get a nice little colorful sticker to stick on your wall in your (customizable? not sure, yet.) house. Of course that's still pretty bland, so we're adding achievements and fun stuff like that.

Oh, and badges. Lots and lots of badges. ALSO HATS.

Take care!  Coffee
antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 06:19:32 AM »

Just...Lovely!

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »

I totally agree with you, I mean who wants to play something without collecting stuff? Which is why we had this conversation two pages back I believe. I'm going to (hopefully) integrate a sticker system, where you get a nice little colorful sticker to stick on your wall in your (customizable? not sure, yet.) house. Of course that's still pretty bland, so we're adding achievements and fun stuff like that.

Oh, and badges. Lots and lots of badges. ALSO HATS.

Take care!  Coffee

Yeah, the sticker idea was interesting. More stuff would be nice. Wait. Could you make it so that you could wear the badges you earn? Or better yet, pick a sticker to wear on your player? Epileptic I don't know how that would work, actually...

EDIT: Maybe the stickers could double as hats? Perhaps you could even change the hat depending on which sticker you use, and the game doesn't tell what sticker looks like which hat? That would make it a total surprise when you equip the 'Saved Cat From Tree' sticker and it looked like cat ears or something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic