Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 05:02:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesAnother BLITZKAST here! Ohhh yeah!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Another BLITZKAST here! Ohhh yeah!  (Read 5614 times)
stampede
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »

BLITZKAST MONTHLY IV IS HERE!

What?

Start and finish a game prototype within 4 hours! You can start any time you want within the blitz time frame, as long as you try not to go over 4 hours of total work. The four hour limit serves to keep the projects' scope in check. Going over is no big deal, it is more of a rule of thumb for what to aim for than a strict time limit.

Then post your doings in this thread!

When?

On second sunday every month, from 0:00 to 23:59! Official Blitzkast Time starts at 18:00 UTC, but you don't have to be there if you can't!

Where?

At your place! Meeting in #poppenkast@slashnet

Why?

It's the perfect excuse to take a break from your usual projects and go nuts on something new and refreshing for just a short while. You just have four hours to lose...

This is not a competition. Idea is to get people active and make those games they always wanted to but "didn't have time for it" a.k.a. too lazy!

Bonus Extra challenge!

Theme: FLYING WITH ANIMALS
Make a finished game in 4 hours using this theme!

GET SOME GAMES OUT GUYS AND GIRLS!

With love,
Poppenkast

Here's last month's games!
Aliems by Nihilocrat
Haus God by beef
Bulldozer Bonzai by Offal
Rapture - The Videogame (Or How Harold Camping Happens To Be Fucking Correct) by Manuel Magalhães
Monster Smash by Frankie
Zombureaucracy by NathanielEdwards
Robot Stampede Vs. New York by Vulf
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:40:25 PM by stampede » Logged
im9today
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »

i am doing the contest stampede. i am making a video game about animals and flying. i am making a video game about animals and flying for the contest, stampede. my game about animals and flying will be made for this contest
PowRTocH
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »

I'm making frenchgirlsmoking.exe
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »

ukabagoosha! Im gonna be there, definetly.

Sakar
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 01:14:03 AM »

Hmm, this sounds like it could be fun! Not sure if I'll use the theme though.
Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »

Originally made for this, but then I saw this post, so I rushed a quick demo. Is it okay to do so? Still pretty rough and bland at the moment, going to work more on it later
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »

I was so distracted today that I'll make a late entry in 4 hours tomorrow. Already have the main character sprite.

Sorry, I'm lame. Embarrassed

im9today
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »

list of things i have so far:
a monster truck
a dog
a gun
a plane
PowRTocH
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »

I'm going hard right now. Lots of people are still blitzing if anyone wants to join in still.
PowRTocH
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »

check 'em
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 06:09:33 PM »

I finished! I will edit this post with a screenshot and some bits of info later...

BAUERRAUSER

The name is based off of "Luftrauser" because it was originally going to feature exploding pigs, cows, and other things relating to FLYING WITH ANIMALS.

I decided to use only colors from this palette which is why everything is super bright and unlit.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:01:59 PM by nihilocrat » Logged

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »

my game isn't nearly done but i'm done with it for now

POLYGON RIDER

arrow keys move. just collect the pyramids and hold on for your life. also if you feel you need to, you can press z to jump, but it's useless.

i was gonna add other bumper-racers and some legitimate obstacles, but i've spent too much time on this already

PowRTocH
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »

Frame by Frame
   Download the Blitzkast Release

A dot matrix first person shooter. People with photosensitive epilepsy should not play this (sorry). The grayscale aspects are faked using strobing textures. F1 puts it on full binary mode (see left), with F2 and F3 providing increasingly motion blurred versions (see right). Arrow keys move and spacebar shoots. Once you kill all the enemies, that's it.
im9today
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 01:07:25 AM »

gigatots: three ninjas strike back
couldn't finish my game in time because i have serious bugs and i can't find what's causing them. here's a screen and a video that shows a lot of stuff though (including some bugs):

you can fly a plane around and shoot a gun and drive in a sweet ass truck. it's fun

animals & flying

edit: you guys entries are so good.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:24:33 AM by im9today » Logged
Theophilus
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »

Frame by Frame
   Download the Blitzkast Release

A dot matrix first person shooter. People with photosensitive epilepsy should not play this (sorry). The grayscale aspects are faked using strobing textures. F1 puts it on full binary mode (see left), with F2 and F3 providing increasingly motion blurred versions (see right). Arrow keys move and spacebar shoots. Once you kill all the enemies, that's it.

I'm curious, how did you achieve this?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »

I don't know how you guys can make a prototype in 4 hours but that's nice.
Reminds me of the time when we had competitions on tigsource instead of philosophical debates.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
PowRTocH
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »

I'm curious, how did you achieve this?

I created a super low res surface (48*34), scaled it up 12x, and added the "dot matrix" overlay that I made manually and the gun to a separate 1x surface. I set the low res game surface to lower alpha which blurs it. For the texture stuff I just used sprite_get_texture and some animated flickering sprites (originally I used shifting dithered sprites which gave the same colour but it looked messy in motion).

Since I use GM8 I had to use amd42's Surface Fix dll which just lets me use surfaces in 3d. I use it for pretty much all my things.

That's about it I guess but you're free to look at the source if you want: fbfsource.zip
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »

gigatots: three ninjas strike back
couldn't finish my game in time because i have serious bugs and i can't find what's causing them. here's a screen and a video that shows a lot of stuff though (including some bugs):

Duuuude you need to fix enough bugs to make the game playable, looks sweet.

PowRTocH
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »

I had a lot of fun with your game Nihilocrat. Pretty tough too, I like it. Andy knows how I feel already. Also im9 the fact that that isn't playable is a minor tragedy. You should fix it. Beg
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »

By the way, when I get the time (moving this weekend, so maybe next week) I am going to clean up the project files for BAUERRAUSER and release them as open source. Considering the bombing and flak-dodging mechanics are pretty solid as-is, I might want to spend some time making a bigger game out of it.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic