I've made a quick test on Android because I didn't have much time... but I'll play more later.
I wanted to give you feedback on a couple of things... maybe you already have some or all of these on your to-do list...
Thanks a billion for your time
It's great to have a feedback from an Android user.
- The first it's about the controls. I like the feeling and responsiveness (I tried on a Galaxy S2), but one place where the game didn't responded as I expected was when I was pressing both buttons and released one of them. I felt the one button that was steel pressed should keep thrusting.
Yup, I noticed this one. It seems to be related to the low level of the engine I'm using. It's cool to have your description here because I couldn't find the exact path that led to this situation.
- There's no way to quit the app?
Indeed, it's coded but not working yet for some reasons :s
- I pressed the Home button and saw the app was still running (I think if there's another way to quit this wouldn't be a problem), and when I returned (I was on the game main screen) and went to "OPTIONS", the screen looked like this:
if I do: BACK > OPTIONS it's stilll broken.
if I do: BACK > LEADERS > BACK > OPTIONS it's fixed
Typically, this is a "GL Context Loss", specific to Android. I have to deal with it on every texture of the game, and there are still pieces of the game where it doesn't work
- It would be good if the phone's BACK button worked besides the APP back button.
- Some minor graphical tip: the locked levels could have the locks shown on the button directly
Nice idea about the 'start' button, I'm going to change this as you suggested.
Hope some of this helps!
Oh yes, it helps