Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:24:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 312843 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2420 on: November 08, 2012, 02:39:35 PM »

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I feel it's a decent compromise, and that it's absurd to redesign the hero because of that. now if there are more arguments for a redesign then sure, but if that's a key argument I just think it's silly.

if IceFrog has no immediate plans to redesign techies, then they should just release him and see what happens.

don' really care either way. just think that it's a silly reason to call for a redesign.

oh and like John I have an invite or two to give away. so many it's hard to find people who need a copy.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 14, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »

Slark is on the test server!

I've missed this guy. He was my favorite for quite a while before Dota 2 came out. He snowballs pretty hard and the passive component of his ulti makes him awesome at juking too. Also, he's the only hero who actually benefits from Sange and Yasha.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:06:44 PM by Nillo » Logged

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Bandages
« Reply #2422 on: November 14, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »

Also, he's the only hero who actually benefits from Sange and Yasha.

Razor disagrees  Tongue
Uykered
« Reply #2423 on: November 15, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »

Normal mode is fun again, although I miss the 20 minute matches of diretide — I wish the standard modes would be faster paced.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2424 on: November 15, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »

I don't.

but it would be cool if there were more 'fun' modes for matchmaking.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: November 15, 2012, 10:06:08 PM »

slark is awesome

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 15, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »

I don't.

but it would be cool if there were more 'fun' modes for matchmaking.

It'd be nice if they had some way of picking optional modes (like diretide, sure) for people to play as well, akin to LoL's dominion. Maybe if they just reskinned the candies to be something else?
antoniodamala
« Reply #2427 on: November 16, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »

This is a tiny bit off topic, but im gonna ask it anyway: is there any "small scale" moba out there? Like one play session lasts for 15 to 30 minutes? I like dota 2 and all but i think it's too long.
Uykered
« Reply #2428 on: November 16, 2012, 02:27:56 AM »

Probably not. They'll probably bring out easy mode from Dota 1 sometime I guess, which I've heard is faster.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 16, 2012, 04:05:45 AM »

is there any "small scale" moba out there?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204300/

Extremely simplified item shop, each hero has only 2 skills, games generally last ~10 minutes.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #2430 on: November 16, 2012, 06:28:04 AM »

that's not really true. awesomenauts games last a long fucking time.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 16, 2012, 06:49:22 AM »

It certainly doesn't last as long as Dota, unless you make an effort to not destroy the enemy base. Towers don't regenerate health, and the game doesn't have any backdoor protection either. Of course, it depends on other factors like what characters you choose etc (protip: Lonestar ends games fast)

I've heard that Bloodline Champions is sort of like a small scale MOBA as well, but I never played it myself so you can take that suggestion with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:58:18 AM by Nillo » Logged

antoniodamala
« Reply #2432 on: November 16, 2012, 07:00:19 AM »

Thx for the recommendation but i didnt liked awesomenauts much. The combat felt boring to me :X
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2433 on: November 16, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »

bloodline champions is strictly pvp. I didn't like it much, but it's free and worth a try. basically just dota style combat in short arena matches, I guess would be the best way to describe it.

league of legends has a capture the point style game mode, you start out at level 3 and you gain gold gold and xp at a much faster rate. matches in that last around 20-30 minutes but it lacks the tactical feel that makes the genre good.

if you don't have 40 minutes to an hour to play a match then this genre isn't really for you. you're probably looking for something else.

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 16, 2012, 01:51:53 PM »

i like bloodlines but its not the best of games. It's fun though
games are much faster than dota if thats really what you're looking for but there's only players, its just a little arena fight type thing and healers can make a match drag on

I played 3 times with slark
1st went with vanguard, did horribly
2nd im9 said "just build a yasha or somethign" so i went yasha-deso, had some kills but our team was people who cant play so we lost
3rd yasha-deso-animeblade, 29 kills, gg
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 21, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »

A dota player and a lol player walks into a bar.
The dota player says: 'lol sucks'.
The lol player couldn't deny.

antoniodamala
« Reply #2436 on: November 21, 2012, 08:53:05 AM »

i like bloodlines but its not the best of games. It's fun though
games are much faster than dota if thats really what you're looking for but there's only players, its just a little arena fight type thing and healers can make a match drag on

That one is quite good, but the lack of character progression makes it too much rock-paper-scissor.

Well, from the games people recommended i've played all, so maybe the kind of game i'm looking for doesn't exist. ):
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 21, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »

Looks like Weaver picked what's

this week.

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 21, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »

That one is quite good, but the lack of character progression makes it too much rock-paper-scissor.

Well, from the games people recommended i've played all, so maybe the kind of game i'm looking for doesn't exist. ):

dont want to blow your mind or anything but all games are rock-paper-scissors (except when its diceroll)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 21, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

Well depend is it's transitive RPS or intransitive RPS  Well, hello there! There is a catch!

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic