Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 10:18:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 312582 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2480 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:31 PM »

I hate this mode, it all comes down to who has the better greevil. it's stupid as fuck, those seraphic greevils have like 10x better stats than most other ones.

the neutral greevil spawn locations are also pretty random, and it's pretty frustrating to see 3 of them spawn on the side of the winning team's map.

all in all, pretty shit.
AshfordPride
« Reply #2481 on: December 21, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »

I don't know, I think Seraphic is kind of overhyped.  Stats are solid, but I feel like their utility is all over the place.  My Determined one, the blue guy, just rips off faces with his raw utility.  Ice wall, click stun, and mini-Enigma ult thing.

It's a pretty crappy mode, but I really don't mind the fact that I can play Dota2 in quick fifteen minute burst of inconsequential nonsense to get fabulous prizes.  I'll probably never want to touch this mode come January.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: December 21, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »

I hate it too because of the "grind to win" element mentioned above. It's the worst part of League, and people who like this mode for whatever reason are disproportionately rewarded because of the increased item drops. I wish I could just get the items by playing regular bot games on the winter map.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 22, 2012, 05:18:04 AM »

Yeah, seraphic greevils are overrated. Sure purification is useful.
I've been dominating with Blue(rot, ice wall, black hole) and Jakiro, just cause that combo wipes everyone. Jakiro ult > stun wall > change to greevil while other team is stunned > black hole and rot. Wins team fights.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:15:56 AM by Geeze » Logged

Bandages
« Reply #2484 on: December 22, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »

Jakiro owns this new mode

I also don't hate this new mode. There are now even fewer idjits in the SD queue, since everyone is grinding for cosmetics, of which I already have plenty from playing for almost a year now
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 30, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »

I'd like to report that after like 60 games I finally feel like I'm making progress, went 22-2-19 as Nightstalker, nobody in these low skill levels understands how to kill Nightstalker, good stuff.

This is a game where playing support roles is actually fun, since everybody seems content to ignore the rest of their team and try to win all alone in the low skill bracket, it feels good to buy a mek and wards and shit.

Dota
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2486 on: December 30, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »

nightstalker dominates in pubs because no one buys wards, carries tps, or watches the mini-map, not because they don't know how to kill him.

he's pretty useless if he doesn't have a good first or second night, and paying attention to the map and carrying TPs is easier to deal with him than trying to kill him.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 30, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »

NS is still great in high level play, but he becomes less of a solo killer and much more team-oriented. Scepter is a very common purchase on him as it effectively grants you and your team complete information on your current situation. He's a decent semicarry if he gets farmed too.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
StrictlyDominant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 02, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »

derp
I agree that fighting games are the highest form of competition in gaming. No other genre requires knowledge and real-time execution on a level playing field. But a lot of what you said isn't true.

Player 1 priority(UMVC3,MK,AE?), Vortex Fighting and Resets(SSF4AE12,UMVC3,MK,*)
Selling out: MLG(MK,KOF,SC,Tekken), IPL(SF,SFxT), Cross Assault, PDP
Customization: Selectable Supers, Ultras & Assists(Too Many to list), Gems(SFxT)

Fighters are headed in that direction to some degree.

Fighting games: 2d button mashing showdowns.
They are quite a bit more than that.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2489 on: January 02, 2013, 01:04:35 PM »

dunno why you would bother responding to that

it's some kind of 4chan trollbait image
StrictlyDominant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: January 02, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »

dunno why you would bother responding to that

it's some kind of 4chan trollbait image
You'd be surprised how many people in the fighting game community would believe every word of it.

Anyway, I'm not trying to derail this thread.  I have only started playing DOTA2 as of today and it is my first moba.  I have two beta keys that were given to me from a friend that I won't be using so if anyone needs one, PM me.
Uykered
« Reply #2491 on: January 03, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »

Australian servers! no more 230ms ping delay. Although wait time is probably going to take forever.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 03, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »

You'd be surprised how many people in the fighting game community would believe every word of it.

you'd be surprised at how many people wouldn't be surprised

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 04, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »

What is it about people that makes them enjoy getting 20 kills on Drow and then losing because they completely ignore their team.

I have vastly more fun playing Kotl, getting wards and mek and whatnot for my team, and pulling off an organized win with 1 kill and 20 assists, why is nobody like me?
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: January 04, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »

lol fgt only 1 kill? uninstall u noob

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2495 on: January 04, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »

support is pretty fun, but if you play it often it will get on your nerves fast.

it's really demoralizing when you go the extra effort to gank lanes and ward and make it safe for your carry to farm, and then he doesn't farm or feeds.

and doubly annoying when they accuse you of doing nothing all game. it's a terribly thankless job, and incredibly insulting when you lose to a team of 5 carries who likely never ward at all.

oh and playing support against a nyx or bounty hunter makes me sad. I usually feed a whole lot or stay level 4 the entire game because I'm always hiding behind towers.
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 05, 2013, 06:12:43 AM »

I just got two copies of Dota 2 to chuck at people...If you want a copy give me a PM.

Toucantastic.
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: January 05, 2013, 09:45:32 PM »

I think the internet is lying to me. Juggernaut's Bladefury supposedly does "insane amounts of damage" early game. I couldn't even farm creeps or harass Bounty Hunter/Phantom Assassin with it.

Likewise, his wards are supposed to provide enough hp regen to make them priority targets in team fights. My wards never did any relevant healing beyond like, level 3.

And it says something about Dust of Appearance countering Bounty Hunter. You'd think a team of 5 people all buying Dust of Appearance and Sight Wards would be able to take him down, then.

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2498 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »

How many spells can you name that does potentially 400 damage at level 1? That's why you sometimes see Juggernaut start with boots, I'll do that if I random him. Paired with a hero that has some form of slow/stun, it's generally always a guaranteed kill early on.

Bounty Hunter usually buys phase boots, and gets bonus move-speed from track. He will probably always out run you, so if you don't have stuns or a slow and the damage to kill him then dust/blue wards aren't going to help much.

The thing about Dota2 is that it requires you to use your brain. Juggernaut's spin isn't going to kill an enemy alone unless he's really dumb, and simply having vision on Bounty Hunter isn't enough to kill him. This is simple stuff, just think about it.

What are you doing harassing enemies and farming creeps with your skills? Especially something as valuable as Blade Fury. This isn't League of Legends, you're just wasting mana by doing that. Relatively few heroes can spam abilities and get away with it, and most heroes need some form of regen to keep using their spells. And if you're someone like Juggernaut who has trouble itemizing for mana regen, it's best to save your spells for when you really need it.

Learn to last hit with your auto attacks, and harass your enemies with auto attacks. Try to only use your spells if you see the opportunity to get a kill or a team-mate is going to help you. Otherwise you're going to use your Blade Fury to harass the PA then suddenly Queen of Pain ganks from mid and you have no mana or cooldown and she ults you and you die. Then you go on tigsource and whine about how useless the heroes skills are, when it's clear you really don't have a clue about what you're doing.

edit: forgot about the healing ward, which you're wrong on that as well. it heals based on a percentage of your max hp, so how does it get worse beyond level 3? as long as the enemy doesn't kill it and the ward is skilled to level 3 and you have ~700hp, you will get your entire hp pool back when you use it. AND it's an AOE so it extends to your entire team. extremely useful for doing roshan, or healing after a teamfight for a push, or farming, or just about any situation really.
ink.inc
« Reply #2499 on: January 05, 2013, 10:09:38 PM »

I think the internet is lying to me. Juggernaut's Bladefury supposedly does "insane amounts of damage" early game. I couldn't even farm creeps or harass Bounty Hunter/Phantom Assassin with it.

it does; just get a partner with a stun or slow (crystal maiden) and it's GG. don't use it to farm; that's a waste of mana

And it says something about Dust of Appearance countering Bounty Hunter. You'd think a team of 5 people all buying Dust of Appearance and Sight Wards would be able to take him down, then.

depends on how fed he got before you actually started buying dusts. there are also heroes who hardcounter BH (like slardar). just lay on the stuns and slows; he's super squishy.

also if you're a squishy, don't be alone
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic