Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:09:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314548 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:49 AM »

If I could replace any skill in the game with Battle Hunger, I would. Cheesy

In fact, I've been known to occasionally delay my ulti at level 6 just to have more casts/levels in Battle Hunger. That shit has a 5 second cooldown when it's maxed and deals more damage than anything else you could spend your mana on.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:08:30 AM by Nillo » Logged

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 11, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »

I played a bunch of games vs unfair bots earlier today with the most horrible builds I could think of. I still won all of them but it was pretty hilarious.

Anti-Mage Slammin' Build: Rush Blink Dagger as soon as you have 2150g. Then build caster items like euls, dagon, another blink dagger etc. It's not magic if you're the one using it!
Phantom Lancer: Do not pick Spirit Lance until level 22. Get Phase Boots first, then Vladmir's Offering as your core item, followed by Battlefury, Shadow Blade, Aghanim's Scepter and Refresher Orb.
Axe: You can only purchase consumable items and parts of Sange. Repeat until your inventory contains six Sange.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #2542 on: January 13, 2013, 12:37:35 AM »

played a game with john and jack.

john = phantom lancer
jack = keeper
me = nature's profit

we fed sniper early game and then i said fuck it and pushed all lanes all day and they couldn't handle it and sniper got really mad and kept taunting us
ink.inc
« Reply #2543 on: January 13, 2013, 12:40:32 AM »

if you can't win teamfights just split push like assholes and hope for salvation
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2544 on: January 13, 2013, 01:43:30 AM »

kotl is the best

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 13, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »

Yesterday I had a fun game wih KotL and my friend played Razor, and we laned against Clinkz and Bounty Hunter, it was fun 'cause we raped them so hard. So easy kills, with infinite Illuminate + Plasma Field combos. Dum opponents are dum

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2546 on: January 16, 2013, 01:49:29 AM »

If anyone wants invites still I have like... 10

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 18, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »

The game keeps unselecting my Bastion announcer before every match for some reason...

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »

If I'm in China, but want to play with Americans, can I play dota?

yes but i would only recommend it if the Americans are your friends, queuing up in another server will probably be very laggy
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2549 on: January 19, 2013, 02:36:56 AM »

It's okay. I tried getting a code, but it said on steam that I couldn't redeem it. I gave it to a friend.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: January 22, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

Due to being absolute shit when I started this game, I was like 15 wins in the hole, just made it above 50% at 60 wins 59 losses, whew, this game man...
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 23, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »

Dotabuff: "Hey guys, we are adding a ranking system to our site! Now you will be able to access any player's page before games begin and see their-"

Valve: Added a privacy setting in the UI so that players can specify whether they want to allow external 3rd party websites to be able to access their match history (defaulted to private)

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2552 on: January 23, 2013, 02:14:32 PM »

I got 17 invites in two days, is there anyone in the world who's still not in the beta?

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2553 on: January 23, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »

they even did a poll to ask the community if they wanted their rating to be public or not and most people chose yes.

dunno why you would want your rating to be public, it should be optional.

oh and if you want a quick and easy way to get rid of a bunch of invites go to www.reddit.com/r/sharedota2. plenty of people want one.
CVaseTYb!!
« Reply #2554 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »

It's an easy thing to offend a troll. A prickly and contentious race, trolls thrive on argument and strife, missing no excuse to raise their voices in dispute. Males grow to maturity in subterranean chambers beneath their matriarch's domicile, feeding and amusing themselves while contributing nothing. Often they stay for years beyond the age of maturity, while the matriarch provides them with sustenance. When young trolls are finally pushed from their sub-chamber, they gather with others of their kind, forming roving gangs of malcontents who complain loudly about all manner of vexation.
www.dota2wiki.com/images/3/3b/Troll_lose_03.mp3

ahahaahahahaahahaha
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2555 on: January 24, 2013, 04:20:33 AM »

Dotabuff: "Hey guys, we are adding a ranking system to our site! Now you will be able to access any player's page before games begin and see their-"

Valve: Added a privacy setting in the UI so that players can specify whether they want to allow external 3rd party websites to be able to access their match history (defaulted to private)

This issue is such bs, why don't Valve see the need for a public display of skill level?? if they think that a 3rd party like dotabuff doing it isn't acceptable then they need to do it right for themselves!

Game after game of Dota are ruined because none of the players on any particular team know who they aught to listen to or who would be best suited to what team roles and all because no one has any quantifiable way of knowing how skilled each other player is.

A simple skill number would fix all this, and gone would be the days of your worst player taking a carry to mid and throwing the game by feeding.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 24, 2013, 05:59:59 AM »

^I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I disagree with pretty much everything you said. A player's rank should not be displayed in public unless they specifically allow it, because that information enables hostile behavior. However, a private rank would be OK.

We're trying to make the game more welcoming for newbies here, not give the bitter veterans a reason to start flaming before the match has even started.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2557 on: January 24, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »

Juggernaut is my bro

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2558 on: January 24, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »

^I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I disagree with pretty much everything you said. A player's rank should not be displayed in public unless they specifically allow it, because that information enables hostile behavior. However, a private rank would be OK.

We're trying to make the game more welcoming for newbies here, not give the bitter veterans a reason to start flaming before the match has even started.

Nah, i'm not joking, hear me out, I think public skill display makes a lot of sense for many reasons

Ignoring that there are often big differences in skill level on a team doesn't make the effect of them better, instead it makes it worse on everyone, everyone plays on obvious to the skill level of their teammates until one of them feeds or something else detrimental happens to let everyone know their true skill level and by that point it's now too late, the game has either been ruined or made a whole lot less enjoyable for everyone in it.

The other thing would be that, once this happens, players who believe they know better will start screaming and flaming away on the less skilled player regardless. Not knowing thier rank doesn't decrease the hostility at all, it only makes people more angry because they can't know someones rank until they have already done something seriously wrong to offend them and their fun.

If anything, having a clear picture of where your teams skills levels are reduces hostility, in StarCraft 2, teams are told strait up in the loading screen which side is "Slightly Favored" or "Highly Favored", basically this can tell a player right away that their opponents are of a higher rank than they are, and the matchmaker expects them to lose this game, this in turn reduces someones disappointment if they do in fact lose a game in which the other team was highly favored and increases the reward of overcoming

Yes there is always the chance that a few immature people will go around chanting "haha, my rank is bigger than yours, you suck"
but in general I don't think that's what the dota community is like, any hostility that people show is not generally of that type, it's venting frustration at having a game spoiled by a team that doesn't know who to listen to, doesn't know what lanes to play, has feeding players and ultimately ends in crushing defeat.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2559 on: January 24, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »

your argument almost makes sense. though in reality will have no impact on the game, but it will have a ton of impact on the level of flaming.

usually people wait to flame a poor performing player until he makes a mistake. now I expect people will check my DBR and flame me right away. or refuse to allow me to pick a certain hero in a certain role because they deem me too low skilled to play it. which already happens in LoL and HoN. it's annoying, and creates a hostile environment from the first second.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic