Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:25:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314535 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #2620 on: March 02, 2013, 03:44:57 AM »

lux is the gimped version of windrunner

Q: 4.5 second situational link stun (like lux's light binding, but only lasts the full bind duration when you chain two units together; the second unit can even be terrain)

W: lux's ultimate, but channeled

E: escape spell that gives her tons of movement speed, an aoe aura slow, and immunity to all autoattacks and turret shots

R: her ultimate gives her maxed out attack speed (something like 5 attacks per second) on a single target

also her voicework/character design put lux to shame
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:52:26 AM by John Sandoval » Logged
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: March 02, 2013, 03:48:35 AM »

Well I'm having a bit of insomnia so maybe we'll see about that right now. Wink

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: March 02, 2013, 06:30:48 AM »

So when you said that Windrunner was like Lux, did you by chance mean not really anything like Lux at all?  The only thing they really have in common is their Q which both snare 2 people at once but the spells work in 2 completely different ways.

Anyways, I've only played 3 games but what I can tell from the very basic actions like moving, auto-attacking, and using spells; Dota 2 is a step in the wrong direction in terms of traits I want in my Moba.  Actions in Dota 2 feel slow and clunky as opposed to League, which is quicky, snappy, and responsive.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: March 02, 2013, 06:59:22 AM »

Bro, Windrunner's powershot is extremely similar to Lux ultimate. The main difference is that you can cancel WR's powershot early and get partial damage, while Lux always has to cast the whole thing.

I don't want to get into the whole Dota vs. LoL thing though. I wish we could just keep that flamefest out of the thread. You guys can make a new debate topic called "What ARTS/MOBA is the best one" if you want.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2624 on: March 02, 2013, 09:55:05 AM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=31938.0

Take yer LoL vs Dota 2 vs Smite vs HoN vs BLC vs Airmech vs Sins of a dark Age vs Battle for Graxia vs etc here.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2625 on: March 02, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »

Unrelated- Why do dota casters tend to refer to in game actions by thier default key?
Surely they know the spell names? Cant we use more standard terminology and call it a basic attack instead of a "right click"? seems dum

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: March 02, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »

other good newbie heroes:

Tidehunter: get a blink dagger, use blink dagger, use ult, use anchor smash, spit on someone, use anchor smash again, flop around like a big fish GOOD JOB. if you thought curse of the amumu ult whatever had a big AoE you were wrong

skeleton king: A CARRY to practice getting last hits etc. only one skill that you have to use oh no. its a stun! use it to kill people if your friend has another stun/slow. your ult makes you not die but save that 140 mana for it. Dont get lifesteal until level 7 or more (it will push your lane and make your life unsafe) and activate that armlet in fights

juggernaut: a CARRY with a very good escape/early kill machine (spin) and a ultimate that is easy to use (only one person? free kill)

carries are still a bit harder to play because you need to learn to last hit a lot else you are not going to be very strong late game
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: March 03, 2013, 01:11:07 AM »

carries are still a bit harder to play because you need to learn to last hit a lot else you are not going to be very strong late game
Yup. Also, if you get killed and you are a carry, it's a big deal. Supports can get themselves killed more often since they don't need the gold that much.

On an unrelated note, I cleaned up and updated my hero picker layout a little. Timbersaw can sit in the terrible micro corner with the other terrible micro heroes.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2628 on: March 03, 2013, 04:14:22 AM »

Yeah, I cringe at the idea of recommending beginners play carries at all, since they are a really critical role, being bad at them is a very big deal and will likely cost your team the game.
BUT
On the other hand, in low MMR games people don't know how to play early game or push, generally games will never end under 30 minutes and the team with the most late game / hard carries will end up winning purely due to superior stat gain and stuff

So yeah, beginning dota is always gonna suck  Tongue

On an unrelated note, I cleaned up and updated my hero picker layout a little. Timbersaw can sit in the terrible micro corner with the other terrible micro heroes.

I don't like that visage and timbersaw have been crushed into the corner, but other than that, this layout is really cool, any way I could download it?

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 03, 2013, 05:13:52 AM »

playing support properly is harder than playing carry. same with playing like... any mid besides zeus

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 03, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »

The hard part of playing Zeus mid is knowing how to last hit with one of the worst animations in the game, maybe only better than Techies.

I don't like that visage and timbersaw have been crushed into the corner, but other than that, this layout is really cool, any way I could download it?

Here you go. Edit it as much as you want, then save it to dota/cfg/layouts. The heroes are roughly arranged according to my personal preferences per role and many of them are possibly in the wrong places (Sven and Naga could be played as carries, etc) but it works for me.

JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2631 on: March 03, 2013, 11:33:55 PM »

I've been playing Wisp the past 10+ games and I've been having a lot of fun. When you're laning with a friend who benefits from it a lot, like Tiny, then it's a really great combo. Teleporting to gank people anywhere on the map is pretty awesome (even into their base).

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
Uykered
« Reply #2632 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:04 PM »

Nice, Wisp is one of the rarest heroes I see played.

The hard part of playing Zeus mid is knowing how to last hit with one of the worst animations in the game, maybe only better than Techies.

It's not too bad, if you buy lots of INT and a Sage Mask early game you'll have some more damage + enough to cast arc lightning for instant last hits every now and then.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #2633 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:46 AM »

just start with like branches and a tango and get an early bottle to spam arc lightning on zeus to lasthit
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »

I should play New Silencer more often. The reworked Last Word is so much more effective than it used to be. It also is safer to use since it has a better cast range than before and it will give you the Intelligence from a kill even if the enemy moves outside of your range before dying. Oh, and did I mention it gives you vision over the target?

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 04, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/inventory/#570_2_326721626
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/inventory/#570_2_326738791
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/inventory/#570_2_326698306

I've been working on this strange Invoker set. I just need one more piece (the Strange Crest of the Magus Magnus) and then it will be complete. That last piece will get the Couriers Purchased, Wards Purchased and Wards Placed modifiers.

I plan to give the entire set away to my friend Jon/Nifl when he returns. He is a true Invoker fan. I have no idea what I'm doing with this hero. Tongue

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: March 04, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »

silencer + axe is a pretty fun dick lane

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: March 04, 2013, 06:54:57 PM »

I'd like to play with you Jigxor. I already have a bunch of aussie friends I play with, I think you'd fit in well.
We all use skype so we can all fail whilst yelling at each other over VOIP.

Toucantastic.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

i think newbies will have more fun playing carries because when you dont know how to play placing wards on the map isnt very fun

but if youre a weirdo carry like outworld you wont really know what to do
PowRTocH
« Reply #2639 on: March 04, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »

I'm pretty godawful at the game but I enjoy playing support. I can walk around and do whatever and HELP and not get yelled at.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic