Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:33:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314690 times)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

cow DENY THe CREEPS!11

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2641 on: March 05, 2013, 08:28:07 AM »

My Select Screen Layout!

Top Left = Carries with Meepo and Lone Druid side as micro-using carries
Bottom Left = Initiators

Mid = My Personal Mid Heroes (Yes, I mid with Undying)

Mid Right = Pure Supports (Prioritizes buying Wards, TPs, Smokes, Couriers, all those other supplies, normally babysits the carry)
Far Right = Utility Supports (Nukers & Gankers that can share the ward load with the pure supports with less priority)

Bottom Right = Utility Gankers (Gankers with Carry Potential) with Nature's Prophet and Visage as micro-using gankers

GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »

I think I'm starting enjoy this game a bit more now that I've gotten to the point where teams have a bit more structure so games don't last >60 minutes.

I tried Mirana and she's probably the most enjoyable character I've played thus far.

I've notice that out of all of my favorite champions in LoL (Lux, Ahri, Ezreal, Amumu, Rumble, Blitzcrank) not a single one of them have a single target spell.  All their spells are either skillshots, AoEs, Dashes, or self steroids.

I think I might try Timbersaw next since he seems fun.  Btw, what does it mean to be a "micro" character?  Don't you have to micromanage with all characters?

Edit: Also, when you go into champion select and there's only 3 heroes to choose from, do you really have to pick just one of those 3 characters?  What if their all awful?

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
ink.inc
« Reply #2643 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

Edit: Also, when you go into champion select and there's only 3 heroes to choose from, do you really have to pick just one of those 3 characters?  What if their all awful?

you can select game mode before you search for a match; make sure it's set to 'all-pick'.

regarding micro heroes: some characters can control units that have their own sets of skills. for example enchantress, who can charm jungle creeps and use them to help her gank (which is super neat because some creeps have a stun, or a ranged nuke, or a channeled tornado). or phantom lancer, who can make up to 8 clones of himself and use them to farm the jungle/gank/deal retarded dps.
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: March 05, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »

But why is timbersaw a micro hero?

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
ink.inc
« Reply #2645 on: March 05, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »

his ult is a saw you can move around i think
Uykered
« Reply #2646 on: March 05, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »

You just choose where you want your saw to go initially (like most ultis) except he chooses when to let it return to himself like a boomerang, you don't control it like a hero.
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: March 05, 2013, 03:51:16 PM »

You just choose where you want your saw to go initially (like most ultis) except he chooses when to let it return to himself like a boomerang, you don't control it like a hero.

Timbersaw can sit in the terrible micro corner with the other terrible micro heroes.

Wat?

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2648 on: March 05, 2013, 04:15:57 PM »

who said Timbersaw is a micro hero? he isn't.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »

nillo put like 4-5 non-micro heroes in that section. he didn't mean micro, he meant "dudes i don't like playing"

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2650 on: March 05, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »

Nobody likes my layout? Sad

Anyway, I suggest some heroes like Sven, LION, and LICH. Sven will get you ready to have carry potential and feel the speed of the game compared to LoL. Lion and Lich both have money shot skills and are really great utility heroes. Lion has practically the same ulti as Lina but has more dependable disables than her. Lich's ulti is easy to pull off if you can understand it. Smiley Try them out!

All the heroes are cool anyway and you can play every hero differently as they can be played in a variety of ways. All of them except Drow Ranger because she is boring.

Also putting your cursor on top of the skill icon will show you the range it has. It's also written sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:39:30 PM by Medevenx » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2651 on: March 05, 2013, 09:56:51 PM »

re: range

type dota_disable_range_finder 0 in console. it shows you the range in the form of a green line when you press a skill. if you move the cursor outside the range, the line turns red.

also dota_range_display 1200 is good if you're playing anti-mage or qop or to want to get used to experience range. very handy if you're trying to leech xp and trying to be as far away as possible.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: March 05, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »

But why is timbersaw a micro hero?
Short cooldown abilities that require special targets. That's micro to me, but you're free to disagree.

The problem with Timbersaw is that some of his skills need trees to work, and his other skills destroy trees. This makes him highly unintuitive to play compared to other heroes. He's also not a very good hero in general. I think his win rate is almost as low as Meepo right now.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2653 on: March 06, 2013, 01:54:13 AM »

I'm pretty drunk all the time but I enjoy playing support. I can walk around and do whatever and HELP and not get yelled at.

Fixt 4 u
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:51 AM »

One of my friends used to make fun of me because I get Tranquil Boots on Rikimaru. I couldn't help smiling when I watched

and noticed he had a pair of tranqs on. Vindication!

PowRTocH
« Reply #2655 on: March 06, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

I'm pretty drunk all the time but I enjoy playing support. I can walk around and do whatever and HELP and not get yelled at.

Fixt 4 u

True.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2656 on: March 07, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: March 07, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »

lol!

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: March 08, 2013, 04:13:34 AM »

There is now a Lina hat in the store for $35~

I wouldn't exactly call it a hat, though. You put it in the Head slot, but it actually changes everything about Lina, including the portrait, spells and icons. With that in mind, the price tag seems fine to me.

For those of you who have followed the Dota 2 beta since the beginning, it's based on the original Lina concept art.

ink.inc
« Reply #2659 on: March 08, 2013, 09:26:10 AM »

For those of you who have followed the Dota 2 beta since the beginning, it's based on the original Lina concept art.

disappointed that its not a slayers reference

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic