Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:56:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314652 times)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: April 30, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »

that's pretty much cheating

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
PowRTocH
« Reply #2721 on: April 30, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »

Reminds me of the days of setting up autofire and low contrast in L4D. Good times.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: April 30, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »

so you're one of those guys

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
PowRTocH
« Reply #2723 on: April 30, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »

I was. Never again.
Uykered
« Reply #2724 on: April 30, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »

I don't think the devs mind as it's been reported ages ago, the pros use the custom radius thing too which could also be a "cheat" too, but it all makes it more comfortable to play.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2725 on: April 30, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »

doesn't look like cheating to me, it's not like you can see what's in the fog of war or anything. and it's the same information that's on the minimap. sucks it zooms back in when you click on your hero or the map though.
ink.inc
« Reply #2726 on: May 01, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »

Never again.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: May 02, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »

doesn't look like cheating to me, it's not like you can see what's in the fog of war or anything. and it's the same information that's on the minimap. sucks it zooms back in when you click on your hero or the map though.

It's actually a large advantage, regardless of your map awareness, because micro sensitive activities require you to be looking at your surroundings...trying to land a good pounce on a dodging target as slark for example allows you only to peek at the minimap to undrstand the information presented, where this allows it to be in the same field of vision you can micro under.

It's cheating.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2728 on: May 02, 2013, 01:32:39 PM »

it isn't a cheat unless Valve says it is. and since the command isn't flagged as a cheat then it isn't one. simple as that.

many people consider the range display a cheat. but valve don't, so it's not a cheat. and it's valve's game so I'm more likely to take into consideration what they consider cheating than some random faggot on a games forum.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: May 02, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »

you're using an advantage that 99% of other people don't know about or use (more with the zoom out thing than the range finder.) even if it's not strictly cheating, you're not really playing on a level playing field anymore. you're using some obscure method external to the rest of the game to give yourself an advantage over normal players. it's like coloring all of the items in L4D bright pink, making it play a siren when tanks are about to show up, and using the script that made you fire all of your pistol shots in one click. it's not strictly cheating, but you're still a bit of an asshole for using them.

quit getting so butthurt when someone calls you on your shit. if you really thought it was 100% fair, you wouldn't get so defensive, jackass.

it's sad that you're such a noskill retard that you have to zoom the map out 10% to be able to be competitive with other players. if you don't think that's a huge advantage, especially for mid, you're a fucking moron.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: May 02, 2013, 02:28:28 PM »

plus it should be pretty fucking obvious from that that this is an exploit and not an intentional thing

AshfordPride
« Reply #2731 on: May 02, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »

Friend said that Elder Titan looks like the final boss of Dota.  He kind of does.  He looks like Nature's Prophet hit the gym and swallowed an Earthshaker or two.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2732 on: May 02, 2013, 02:53:32 PM »

I haven't even used this command so calm your personal attacks you baby. I have a hard time as it is remembering the range of spells with the default field of view, not going to use a console command and relearn all those ranges over again, as I usually remember them based on their distance to the edge of the sreen.

and it's not external, it's in the console. one button press away. that command has been a thing in many competitive RTS games, and adjusting your FOV (essentially what this is) has been a thing in dozens of competitive shooters. but I suppose adjusting the FOV in Quake 3 to 120 is cheating to you as well?

at the worst it's a very mild advantage, the game is still 99% skill based and the more skilled player will always beat a lower skilled player no matter how wide of an FOV he has. you babies are whining about nothing.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: May 02, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »

calm your personal attacks you baby

some random faggot on a games forum.

lol

changing the fov in an options menu is quite a bit different from using an obscure console command to try to move the camera higher than it normally sits (until another camera move resets the height, from moving it with the minimap or whatever.)

all other things indicate they'd like the fov locked.

and if we're going off of what fpss do, tf2 locks the fov to 90 or lower. this isn't the 90s, and valve isn't id Software, so the quake example doesn't really apply here. if every other valve game locks down the fov, and moving the camera resets the height, it's pretty obvious that this is unintentional. there was another way to do this by moving to the edge of the map, and i'm pretty sure they removed that, too?

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2734 on: May 02, 2013, 03:21:40 PM »

if it's not meant to be used then they would have flagged it as a cheat. if it's as big of a deal as you say it is (it isn't) then they would have flagged it a long time ago.

not a cheat, quit your bitching
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: May 02, 2013, 03:29:03 PM »

yeah you're right, since you just say it isn't a cheat, it must not be a cheat. you are the Best at Arguments! congratulations, your brilliant combination of constantly repeating "i'm right you're wrong!" and insulting everyone has proven yet another point.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: May 02, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »

if it's not meant to be used then they would have flagged it as a cheat. if it's as big of a deal as you say it is (it isn't) then they would have flagged it a long time ago.

not a cheat, quit your bitching

It's an Exploit, not a cheat.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: May 06, 2013, 03:23:53 AM »

It's kind of crazy how mad people can get when you try to split push instead of joining a teamfight, even if you're playing a hero that has reliable escapes and lacks teamfighting abilities. If you're playing Anti-Mage 16 minutes into the game and you have rushed a Battlefury, split pushing is the most useful thing you could be doing for your team imo, and still they absolutely hate it.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
nekokoneko
« Reply #2738 on: May 06, 2013, 11:13:36 AM »

Welcome to MOBA games where everyone knows better than you.

And in regards to vision, i'd love it if the minimap was more central, or there was an option similar to Natural Selection 2's whereby you can get a map overlay fullscreen. I find it really strange from a design standpoint to have the thing that is probably most important to the game thrown into the corner of the screen. Tunnel visioning is such a huge problem in games like these and it takes a lot of focus to be able to constantly glance at the minimap while fighting. When valve have ability times displayed when youre spamming them that inpart reduces the need to see those as often... ahh, its fucking annoying.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:18:40 AM by nekokoneko » Logged
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2739 on: May 08, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »

Welcome to MOBA games where everyone knows better than you.

And in regards to vision, i'd love it if the minimap was more central, or there was an option similar to Natural Selection 2's whereby you can get a map overlay fullscreen. I find it really strange from a design standpoint to have the thing that is probably most important to the game thrown into the corner of the screen. Tunnel visioning is such a huge problem in games like these and it takes a lot of focus to be able to constantly glance at the minimap while fighting. When valve have ability times displayed when youre spamming them that inpart reduces the need to see those as often... ahh, its fucking annoying.

I'm a really big fan of full-screen overlay minimaps, I use them whenever the game offers it (and in the case of Tribes I've used mod's to force it Tongue)

I think it would suit dota perfectly fine, only problem would be the fact that so often you need to interact with the minimap, so a clickable one would need to be on screen regardless of having the full-screen one enabled or not.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic