Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:33:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 312832 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: March 11, 2014, 08:11:56 AM »

An illustration of the mid hero at different MMR levels.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2981 on: March 12, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »

MonsterMMORPG
Level 0

PhD candidate computer engineer - Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2982 on: March 18, 2014, 03:51:10 AM »

lol this is funny :D

i am also dota 2 player level 65 atm

PhD Candidate Computer Engineer , Indie Game Developer , Developer Of Monster MMORPG , 1,800+ Monsters, 520 Game Maps, Live PvP, Market, MonsterDex and many other features ,  , http://www.monstermmorpg.com
MonsterMMORPG
Level 0

PhD candidate computer engineer - Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2983 on: March 18, 2014, 03:52:26 AM »

do you know which heroes are excluded from ability pick

since ap came we are only playing ap

PhD Candidate Computer Engineer , Indie Game Developer , Developer Of Monster MMORPG , 1,800+ Monsters, 520 Game Maps, Live PvP, Market, MonsterDex and many other features ,  , http://www.monstermmorpg.com
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: March 18, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »

Any character with abilities that add extra buttons

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2985 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »

I'm so angry with dota right now,
Pretty much the only motivation I had left to play was to try and raise my solo rank
But every game I play it just hammers home how pointless it all is, all the games I lose are because I've been put on a team with spuds, and all the games I win are because the spuds are on the other team this time.

Every loss feels like I was robbed by the idiots who threw the game and every win feels undeserved because some idiot on their side spoiled it needlessly

Other times I win games but valve keep my MMR the same because they have been flicking the Australian servers on and off lately; It's always the ones I'm winning where they decide not to score it, never when I'm about to lose

And then there's the fact that parties play in with the solos for solo ranked games. It spoils the system even more, either have just one rank that all ranked matches (party or not) alters, or completely separate parties and solos!

Game has got me so frustrated I wish I had something better to play

Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 03, 2014, 05:40:21 AM »

Game has got me so frustrated I wish I had something better to play

Yeah, I agree!

This is why I am playing Morrowind with the graphics mod (that make my poor laptop cringe... outdoor scenes running at 15fps with anti-alias and lots of other features disabled :/ at least indoor reach 60fps)

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 04, 2014, 07:56:31 AM »

Feeling burnt out on Dota 2? Why not try playing Morrowind at 15 frames per second. This will calm you.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 08, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »

What do y'all think the next hero to be added will be?
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2989 on: April 13, 2014, 06:30:53 AM »

TECHIES PLS

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
MrBones
« Reply #2990 on: April 13, 2014, 06:57:36 AM »

TECHIES PLS

good one
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 14, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »

Techies will be the LAST hero to be added, and they will be completely reworked imo. I want Pitlord!
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 27, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »

New update is out! You can find the changelog on the blog. There are a few big changes. Besides buffing bloodseeker they made Huskar's Burning Spears not be an unique attack modifier!!!! They did the same with Ursa. I really dont like how they keep buffing pubstomp heroes.
MrBones
« Reply #2993 on: April 28, 2014, 12:00:22 PM »

New update is out! You can find the changelog on the blog. There are a few big changes. Besides buffing bloodseeker they made Huskar's Burning Spears not be an unique attack modifier!!!! They did the same with Ursa. I really dont like how they keep buffing pubstomp heroes.

You can always play Captain's mode, Huskar, Medusa, Abaddon, and a few others are perma banned.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 28, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »

You can always play Captain's mode, Huskar, Medusa, Abaddon, and a few others are perma banned.

Huskar and Abbadon just got added to captains mode.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 28, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »

Do pubstomper heroes actually get picked in Captain's Mode, though? I was under the impression that some level of teamwork is involved there, which would greatly diminish their effectiveness.

Not that I would know - I abhor CM and never play that mode unless I'm forced to. I like to pick my own hero, thank you very much.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2996 on: April 28, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »

Started playing this recently, and I really like Pudge. His q does like half the health of any enemy mage champ mid, and I get fed pretty easily. Who are some other tanky damagey midlaners that I can try out?

I also like slardar.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 28, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »

Melee heroes aren't common in the mid lane, because they are easier to harass and have trouble harassing the enemy, but there are some that work. Dragon Knight is a common choice, since he is extremely tanky (bonus armor + health regen) and also has an area damage skill that he can use to establish rune control (you cast Breathe Fire just before the 2 minute mark, then go and get the newly spawned rune while the enemy is busy defending their tower).

Bloodseeker is also well-suited for going mid, because he heals himself every time he kills a creep and with a Quelling Blade equipped he has higher attack damage than almost any other mid hero. You just have to be careful with him, because if you slip up and lose some last hits you can go into a downward spiral where you don't have enough health to get last hits but you need the last hits to heal yourself.

Those are the "tankiest" ones I can think of - there are many others that work well mid, but not because they are tanky. Kunkka has massive splash damage, but is somewhat fragile (for a strength hero). Nyx can neutralize casters and is capable of reflecting some abilities, so his "tankiness" solely depends on who you're fighting and how good you are at using his reflection skill.

There are lots of strength heroes that gank well, and have a decent amount of health (simply because they are strength heroes) but don't have anything that specifically makes them more tanky. Night Stalker is a good example of this. You put him mid because you want his ganks, but he's dead weight in the mid lane until he starts ganking. Still, if you like Pudge, I think he offers a similar gameplay style.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:29:53 PM by Nillo » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2998 on: April 28, 2014, 05:40:22 PM »

What's the difference in going mid than on the side lanes? I just like having extra last hits, and not having to share. I know that in Lol, the meta is made so that mid champs get more levels, and more gankability, which works well for mages. However, more levels seems to work better on all champs in Dota, so I don't know what type of champs go mid.

Also, I'm like level 3 atm, so I play with noobs, I don't think it matters too much.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 28, 2014, 05:57:14 PM »

What's the difference in going mid than on the side lanes?
Broadly speaking, the advantages of being mid are the same as in League of Legends: You get more levels, you get more gold (if the opponent does not deny you!) and you have access to both of the other lanes for ganking. It is also safer from enemy ganks, because you are always close to your own tower.

I think where LoL and DotA differ is that, in truth, there are lots of different types of heroes that can and do get played mid, and successfully so. It's not a rigid system where this type of hero goes mid and that type doesn't. Even some support heroes, like Tidehunter, see play in the mid lane by professional teams who want to capitalize on that particular hero's abilities.

So when deciding who to put in the mid lane, these questions should be considered:
Who benefits the most from the gold that mid provides? Usually, this is the carry or semi-carry of the team.
Who benefits the most from the levels in mid? Usually, gankers get the best advantage from being overleveled during the game. But this could also be a hero that has a gamechanging ultimate - for example Tidehunter's Ravage.
Who is most capable of fighting the enemy mid hero? Usually, ranged heroes are better at dealing with the enemy mid than melee heroes. Carries are generally very bad at it.
Who is the best at taking and keeping rune control? Heroes who have AOE damage and/or mobility skills such as Blink are the best at stealing runes from the enemy. Queen of Pain has both, which is why she has remained a highly popular pick over the years.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic