Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:43:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314680 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3100 on: August 01, 2014, 07:52:56 AM »

mid shadow fiend where veno and sf go to the roshpit and sf denies every veno ward to start with 12 souls (=24 bonus damage)
Whoa. I've never heard of this before. Can anyone confirm that it works?

It definitely works.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: August 01, 2014, 08:05:24 AM »

I just found out that a fed Sven goes very well with Enigma and Dark Seer
MrBones
« Reply #3102 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:15 AM »

so apparently I sven/vengeful is amazing

we maxed out those unavoidable stuns first and were dealing ~1000 damage together.
Mauricio Gomes
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 01, 2014, 08:52:39 AM »

dota has many interesting combos...

one of the most sheannigans one I pulled was having all damage aura heroes on the same team, it was a long time ago, I don't remember anymore all of them, but it was Drow, Luna, Venge and two others...

I remember that drow and luna were dealing about 350 damage each per hit without using divine rapiers endgame.

The opponent was absolutely despairing, they were behaving like it was a 100% hopeless situation, because every time they came near my team they all died, and very quickly.

I think it never ocurred to them that my team needed to walk as a ball all the time and that splitting the team or attacking our towers with help of the creeps in several places at once would work as a counter.

My company site: www.kidoteca.com
My blog: www.coderofworlds.com
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3104 on: August 01, 2014, 09:03:36 AM »

except glaives.

and yeah venge is good with a lot of other heroes. i really like venge and weaver for ridiculous armor reduction.

MrBones
« Reply #3105 on: August 01, 2014, 03:24:31 PM »

except glaives.

and yeah venge is good with a lot of other heroes. i really like venge and weaver for ridiculous armor reduction.

yeah, venge's armor reduction stacked with desolator is absolutely ridiculous. i've found that late game she can be better than some carries.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3106 on: August 02, 2014, 01:40:28 AM »

Sven has a lot of great combos. I feel he's really underrated as a carry; movespeed is key to the DotA meta right now, and he controls it in spades. I usually draft him in my CM games, but only after picking or banning Silencer. Silencer tends to wrecks Sven lineups.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: August 02, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »

Sven has a lot of great combos. I feel he's really underrated as a carry; movespeed is key to the DotA meta right now, and he controls it in spades. I usually draft him in my CM games, but only after picking or banning Silencer. Silencer tends to wrecks Sven lineups.

Sven is a hard-carry, he needs lots of farm, most pub people use him just for his stun or they don't know how to farm him up, farmed up a bit, he can deal over 1000> dmg with his ulti and a daedalus, that is mow down the other team with two swings, the problem with him is that his attack speed and movement speed are very low, and when you get fed, you get focused by the other team, leading to you being useless

@starsrift, his ulti has a long duration, and all you need to do is to get near that silencer, flank or blink, stun and kill, ez

also, focus on the stun and stats early on, you need your damage output to always be higher than your enemy, otherwise, you become less performant
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3108 on: August 02, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »

MoM and BKB is not a lot of farm.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: August 02, 2014, 08:10:18 AM »

"sven should be picked as a hard carry, most PUB players focus his stun" whiteclaws on the dota2 meta 2014

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3110 on: August 02, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »

To be fair anybody not maxing his stun first is retarded.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: August 02, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »

To be fair anybody not maxing his stun first is retarded.
what i WANTED to say is, focus his stun AND stats first, afterwards go for the other skills, get a point on your ulti as fast as possible

last game i fed but i still was able to do crits of 1500 because daedalus, i liek skull basher

@catguy, i use meepo as a support and an ultimate disabler, i also use him to splitpush , his tele is very useful
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3112 on: August 03, 2014, 12:19:41 AM »

Sven is a hard-carry, he needs lots of farm, most pub people use him just for his stun or they don't know how to farm him up, farmed up a bit, he can deal over 1000> dmg with his ulti and a daedalus, that is mow down the other team with two swings, the problem with him is that his attack speed and movement speed are very low, and when you get fed, you get focused by the other team, leading to you being useless

@starsrift, his ulti has a long duration, and all you need to do is to get near that silencer, flank or blink, stun and kill, ez

also, focus on the stun and stats early on, you need your damage output to always be higher than your enemy, otherwise, you become less performant

My experience with Sven is quite different. If you don't focus on stats, you can get this really sweet movement ability called Warcry which helps dominate movement, especially with that sweet 2s stun. You don't need to level up the stun at first, because the duration remains the same at all levels. Warcry also only needs one level, letting Sven focus on making Cleave wreck by the time he hits level 7, and then finish up Warcry to lower the cooldowns on it. When you do it that way, there's not a terrible amount of logic in levelling up a stun so it can equal two right clicks at the expense of the other abilities. Smiley The Svens in my drafts barely need any farm. Get them a MoM and a Crystalys, and they're ready to teamfight and farm the other team for the rest of their gear.

I mentioned Silencer because a lineup around a melee carry like Sven (or at least one that I draft) means your supports are stuns and slows. Venge, Enigma, WD, Timbersaw, Disruptor, Veno, ES, etc, all great supports in a Sven lineup. All screwed by Silencer. I wasn't positing a 1v1 between Silencer and Sven, lol

I can see how your nuke-focused Sven works, and why you'd say you need a lot of farm. It's not bad. But trust me... He can be played so that he's effective fast and early, and only gets more terrifying as the game goes on. Smiley

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: August 03, 2014, 06:04:03 AM »

Warcry also gives bonus armor but with a mask of madness, you have just enough speed to get anyone, but i give it 1 point early, cleave is good for farming, but not so good at the start because the damage output is barely noticeable, i ignore it 'till a bit later, i try to farm up some power threads, and a mask of madness, maybe get an urn of shadows or a drum of endurance, mainly for the stats and the +survivability, i next focus on my damage output with a crystalys and then a daedalus, or i get a blink dagger or a bKb, I finish up my build with a skull basher
at around 30 minutes with power farming a la cleave
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3114 on: August 03, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »

What is BKB.

What is Blink Dagger.

Sven is not easy to kill, catch, or focus.

If you do not get a BKB after MoM, or at the very latest, after drums/blink (which should be your second item) then you are fuckin' up.

Then get a Crystalis and see how the game is going. If you can get away with getting a daedalus right after then go for it. If you are REALLY snowballing then you can (and should) get a battlefury because the cleave stacks. Giving you 100% cleave damage.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 03, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »

A Fed Sven will kill anyone before his stun ends, at least with his team, his ulti will double his DMG and a Daedalus quadruple it, that is about 1000> DMG with a crit and 500 without, enough to kill any support or high damage dealers, agility based heroes and supports which will mostly be your threat as I think Sven is the str hero with the most damage out there and a fed one can kill mostly all right clickers who try to 1v1
If you see that your stun ends earlier you can get a skull basher to get those ministuns just to finish your opponent,

Sven is easily killed when he's walking towards the enemy or stunned that is when he's not swinging, in a nutshell, let your team kill or put in cooldown the enemies disables, blink in or flank and clean up, also, I prefer getting a bKb lategame because that's when you really become a threat to the other team
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3116 on: August 03, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »

"I prefer getting a bKb lategame because I hate winning" - Whiteclaws 2014

"Sven is easily killed when he's walking towards the enemy and he has no BKB because it is not late game and, as stated above, I hate winning" - Whiteclaws 2014

So what do you do when you aren't in sub 1k mmr and the entire enemy team doesn't drop every single nuke and disable on your support? Or when they instantly blow up your squishy position 4 and 5 heroes and then come and murder you while you have no help?

Why would you ever build skull basher when you have an aoe stun on a 13 second cool down, a movement speed steroid on a 12 second cool down (at level 4), probably drums, and possibly a blink dagger? Nobody is getting away from you. You can always just buy an orb of venom in the laning phase if you are really that worried about it.

Unless... that is... you've walked in after your team has been murdered and you get stunned/slowed/killed because you didn't have a BKB on a melee strength carry. If you aren't going balls deep with Sven then you are fuckin up.

Sven is a threat all the time. Even has a roaming support he is a threat.

ink.inc
« Reply #3117 on: August 03, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »

lel
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: August 03, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »

"I prefer getting a bKb lategame because I hate winning" - Whiteclaws 2014

"Sven is easily killed when he's walking towards the enemy and he has no BKB because it is not late game and, as stated above, I hate winning" - Whiteclaws 2014

So what do you do when you aren't in sub 1k mmr and the entire enemy team doesn't drop every single nuke and disable on your support? Or when they instantly blow up your squishy position 4 and 5 heroes and then come and murder you while you have no help?

Why would you ever build skull basher when you have an aoe stun on a 13 second cool down, a movement speed steroid on a 12 second cool down (at level 4), probably drums, and possibly a blink dagger? Nobody is getting away from you. You can always just buy an orb of venom in the laning phase if you are really that worried about it.

Unless... that is... you've walked in after your team has been murdered and you get stunned/slowed/killed because you didn't have a BKB on a melee strength carry. If you aren't going balls deep with Sven then you are fuckin up.

Sven is a threat all the time. Even has a roaming support he is a threat.
You are not the only carry on your team, and this is a pub soloq build,

Primo, well, they get killed by my team, Sven is tough, he's not killed easily, Secondo, well you run, I build a skullbasher as a luxury vs strength heroes that are as much fed as me, or can stun me or out damage me in 1v1, like void, finally, in team fights, I drop my stun on many heroes and my team stunlocks or finish them off, then I pickup tough or small targets with my immense pool of damage, or, I blink in, stun,and sacrifice myself so I get the focus of the other team, while mine picks them off, while they try to kill me, or I jus walk with them and kill my opponents while they try and kill my friends,

Otherwise, what will bKb do, they'll just try and kill my opponents while fleeing from me, wait for the end of it and then kill me, also, with 500 DMG, 16% is 80 HP+ the cleave damage on the other players and crits over 180hp+ cleave, I can get +12 armor with my warcry and buy some armor or HP later on, maybe a hot, I'm a self-healing tank, if I'm swinging my sword, otherwise, if the enemy has many disablers like Earthshakers, I prioritize bKb, that's it
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: August 03, 2014, 02:38:29 PM »

look at these two scrubs argue about dota like they're pros

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic