Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:27:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314628 times)
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21:16 AM »

Been playing a bunch of sniper lately. extremely hard to carry regardless of items or kills. due to lack of tf contribution and pubs not knowing how to pick characters with abilities.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3201 on: November 05, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »

I'm level 4 right now. When do games stop being complete stomps every single game? I mean, it's fun to completely dominate I guess, but I kinda want at least a bit of a challenge. Also, what's the max level?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: November 05, 2014, 08:40:27 AM »

To my knowledge there is no maximum battle level. I know a few people who have a ridiculously high level since they only play Dota 2 and no other games. Of course, it does nothing except give you some more cosmetics and make your profile look good.

If you've been stomping consistently, then your MMR should rapidly increase as well. Once you meet the requirements (Battle level 13, if I recall correctly) you could try queueing for ranked matches if you'd like. I hear those tend to be more challenging and serious than normal games.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3203 on: November 05, 2014, 03:18:31 PM »

I'm level 4 right now. When do games stop being complete stomps every single game? I mean, it's fun to completely dominate I guess, but I kinda want at least a bit of a challenge. Also, what's the max level?

Yeah, the quality if your game is not likely going to be linked to your "Level" it's more likely your MMR you want to look at.

From my experience, most games under 3000 mmr were stupidly one sided, with one total feeder either on my side or theirs in almost every game.

Between 3k and 3.4k I've noticed you still get some games like this, but they are only half the time, not every time.

Above 3.4k is when your games start showing up with the "High Skill" label, most of these are fairly well balanced, and even when one side is clearly winning the game always takes a long time to finish since people are competent at trying to make a comeback and don't give up as easily

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3204 on: November 05, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »

How do I find my MMR? Everything I googled said they removed that feature.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3205 on: November 05, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »

How do I find my MMR? Everything I googled said they removed that feature.

you have to play like 150 games first, then you get your mmr calibrated.

Uykered
« Reply #3206 on: November 05, 2014, 07:34:07 PM »

Ranked games. Technically everything is ranked with MMR, but the number is only visible when you play "Ranked". So it just depends if you want clearer feedback or not.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3207 on: November 05, 2014, 08:17:25 PM »

what he said

also, mmr doesnt matter. there are peruvians everywhere.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3208 on: November 05, 2014, 08:55:23 PM »

peruvians? I heard about the russian invasion, but peruvians is new to me...

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3209 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:37 AM »

peruvians? I heard about the russian invasion, but peruvians is new to me...

the trench runs deep

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3210 on: November 13, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »

I got sucked into DotA again. I thought I was free... for a bit. It didn't last.

I randomed Riki yesterday, and man, the new Riki is weird. I'm not sure how to build him. His start base damage really makes you wanna grab a quelling blade to start, but then you shouldn't need one by the time you hit level 2-3. But that'd mean pretty much giving up a lot of creeps to get there. We won regardless, because I was just so annoying with him that the other team let my other carries do what they want. Apparently, spending upwards of 2k on vision items can wreck a team's gold curve. Space created. :/

I don't know if the invis is just so bad to start with that you shouldn't think you have it (for lane phase) or what. I used a build that went stout shield and invis first (and sitting on that one point of invis until level 8, maxing backstab), and it came in handy for sure, but I didn't start reliably last hitting until level 3, and I always took damage for it. I'm pretty sure it was a bad build; I'm not sure what the point of having maxed backstab is, if I can get retaliated on and killed by the time I finish ganking. And level 1 Smoke until level 12, which was just f*cking useless because the radius is so small. Also, the build went treads instead of phase, and no yasha, and I felt really slow moving around to try to get those ganks and chase. Didn't help that the opposition had some really mobile heroes - Razor, Windrunner, and Magnus - but a base movement of 290 with no movespeed items past treads is not a terribly efficient ganker.

I feel like starting with backstab and a shield would've been better, and moving into a 2/2/1 would've paid off. Or maybe starting with invis and a quelling blade, moving into the 2/2/1. And getting freaking phase instead of treads; Riki has a crazy high base agi, attack speed is not his problem. Anyone has some thoughts on this noob hero?

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: November 13, 2014, 05:06:47 PM »

I randomed Riki yesterday, and man, the new Riki is weird.
Wait, what? They changed riki? Shocked When? How? Haven't played for 3-4 months now(and trying to avoid to go back) so I might've missed it...
starsrift
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3212 on: November 13, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

I randomed Riki yesterday, and man, the new Riki is weird.
Wait, what? They changed riki? Shocked When? How? Haven't played for 3-4 months now(and trying to avoid to go back) so I might've missed it...

Blink strike is an ultimate with charges (3/4/5), invisibility is just a passive ability. With a fade time of 8/6/4/2. They reworked his Smoke a little bit and I think they left Backstab alone.
And maybe it was just the situations I was in for that one game, but it seems like they took away the blink-to-allies component of Blink Strike. dota.gamepedia says otherwise, but after failing to do it three times in a row, I gave up on trying. Should've just taken a quiet moment and tested it, I think.

As is coding.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3213 on: November 13, 2014, 07:15:15 PM »

I miss the old riki.

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: November 14, 2014, 10:08:43 PM »

Man, I've been out of the DotA game so long, I still think it's weird that Riki doesn't have death ward.
Siilk
Level 0

Techpriest software enginseer

View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 14, 2014, 11:56:33 PM »

Blink strike is an ultimate with charges (3/4/5)
it seems like they took away the blink-to-allies component of Blink Strike
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Weird riki is weird.
MrBones
« Reply #3216 on: November 15, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »

so it seems Oracle is being released next
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3217 on: November 16, 2014, 05:17:22 AM »

so it seems Oracle is being released next

9 seconds invisibility and invincibility on any ally hero, ouch!

Slarks' ulti really annoys me, getting hit by something you can't target which is almost impossible to kill yet free to deal damage.
Having Oracle basically means you're going to see that same kind of thing but on much more deadly heros than slark.

Otherwise the hero sounds like it will make some interesting gameplay, not sure if it will actually be fun to play tho

starsrift
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3218 on: November 16, 2014, 05:44:30 AM »

Slarks' ulti really annoys me, getting hit by something you can't target which is almost impossible to kill yet free to deal damage.
Having Oracle basically means you're going to see that same kind of thing but on much more deadly heros than slark.

Slark's ulti is a gank gimmick, hardly different from Riki's smoke or an Orchid on Storm Spirit or Clinkz.
His real power is Dark Pact. It does take a bit of skill, but it's such bullshit to have hero that's pretty much always got BKB, imho...

/ slark hate

As is coding.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: November 19, 2014, 04:24:00 AM »

Oracle looks pretty neat!

http://www.dota2.com/oracle/day2

This is one of the newer Dota heroes, so I haven't actually played him much. What is his role? What is Purifying Flames good for if it damages and heals the same target?

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic