Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411280 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:08:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 312827 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3220 on: November 19, 2014, 05:47:00 AM »

Slarks' ulti really annoys me, getting hit by something you can't target which is almost impossible to kill yet free to deal damage.
Having Oracle basically means you're going to see that same kind of thing but on much more deadly heros than slark.

Slark's ulti is a gank gimmick, hardly different from Riki's smoke or an Orchid on Storm Spirit or Clinkz.
His real power is Dark Pact. It does take a bit of skill, but it's such bullshit to have hero that's pretty much always got BKB, imho...

/ slark hate

gimmick aka it wrecks my shit all the time

Oracle looks pretty neat!

http://www.dota2.com/oracle/day2

This is one of the newer Dota heroes, so I haven't actually played him much. What is his role? What is Purifying Flames good for if it damages and heals the same target?

It cant kill allies.
You can deny yourself with it.
You can purge the heal after dealing damage.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:53:24 AM by Rabbit » Logged

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: November 19, 2014, 07:23:16 AM »

Ahh. I didn't realize the synergy between his skills until I took a closer look at them.

So if you want to damage someone, you purge the heal with his first skill. And if you want to heal someone, you block the damage with his second skill that grants 100% magic res. In any case, considering how double-edged this guy's abilities seem to be, I imagine he has an excellent trolling potential. Tongue

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3222 on: November 19, 2014, 07:31:08 AM »

Ahh. I didn't realize the synergy between his skills until I took a closer look at them.

So if you want to damage someone, you purge the heal with his first skill. And if you want to heal someone, you block the damage with his second skill that grants 100% magic res. In any case, considering how double-edged this guy's abilities seem to be, I imagine he has an excellent trolling potential. Tongue

Yeah you can tell hes one of those heroes that was added much later because of how unique he is. The hero design gets progressively better as they get released.

bitserum
« Reply #3223 on: November 19, 2014, 08:41:28 AM »

I wonder why Abyssal Underlord (ex Pit Lord) is waiting such a long time to be implemented. He was one of the earlier heroes... Though I can't say I miss his ulti much.

Oracle's visual design is awesome. Though it seems like a hard hero to master... I'm impatient for Winter Wyvern, his skills seem cool.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3224 on: November 21, 2014, 07:07:51 PM »

why is shadow fiend an agility hero

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
bitserum
« Reply #3225 on: November 22, 2014, 02:54:12 AM »

Without it he wouldn't be a good carry. Agility gives armor and attack speed which synergize well with his aura (enemy armor reduction) and passive (damage increase per soul.) His right-click is more valuable than his nukes.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3226 on: November 22, 2014, 03:17:20 AM »

that's weirrdddddddd.... also I found out that IO is a strength hero and that Lina gets extra attack damage when she casts spells? weirdddddd

I'm Impmaster on Dota 2 as well if anyone's interested in playing with a level 7

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3227 on: November 22, 2014, 09:31:11 AM »

that's weirrdddddddd.... also I found out that IO is a strength hero and that Lina gets extra attack damage when she casts spells? weirdddddd

I'm Impmaster on Dota 2 as well if anyone's interested in playing with a level 7

None of this is weird. You're weird.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3228 on: November 22, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »

does it not seem weird that io, who is like the squishiest character, relies on strength, something that tanks use

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: November 22, 2014, 09:35:11 AM »

None of this is weird. You're weird.

this isnt weird at all

a lot of supports are str

and that's like, linas defining characteristic.

if io int io'd be able to build carry and that woul dbe Huh?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3230 on: November 22, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »

does it not seem weird that io, who is like the squishiest character, relies on strength, something that tanks use

"tank"

"dota"

choose one

anyway, io greatly benefits from str because of his skills and he is retarded squishy.

lina would be useless if she didnt have The Worlds Longest Attack Range Ever (TM), and some way to buff her attack speed. she has, bar none, the worst attack animation in the game.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3231 on: November 22, 2014, 08:25:02 PM »

Eh I guess I'm too used to Lol where not all carries are right click heros

bitserum
« Reply #3232 on: November 23, 2014, 01:59:25 AM »

Also IO's theme is life/vigor, this ties in with str.
Since IO needs mostly regeneration items to be effective, I don't think his main attribute matters much. At least with str you get a bit of damage for that extra HP (and you need HP more than mana anyway)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: November 23, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »

oracle + pa = pubstomp (tm)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3234 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »

Not all carries in Dota are right click heroes.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: November 23, 2014, 12:58:54 PM »

With Lone Druid you can also macro your bear to right-click
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3236 on: November 23, 2014, 04:22:34 PM »

At this level, there's like 9/10 players who pick pub killers like slark, riki, bloodseeker... All of those seem pretty right clicky to me :p

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3237 on: November 23, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »

protip

riki and bs are trash and can be countered with wards

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3238 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:06 PM »

At this level, there's like 9/10 players who pick pub killers like slark, riki, bloodseeker... All of those seem pretty right clicky to me :p

While Slark's right click is technically what gets him the kills, he's not a right-click in the sense that it's his right-click that's the reason he's a carry.
He's a carry because he's f*cking impossible to kill, due to his abilities. Same with Weaver, and a number of others.

But generally speaking, yes. Carries are right-click heroes, because those with big spell damage taper off by the 20-40 minute mark, depending on farm and such, while right-click heroes grow ever stronger. There are a number of weird exceptions.

Most agility heroes are carries because when they level up agi, they gain armor, attack speed, and damage (again, relating back to right-click). Agi heroes who aren't carries are Nyx Assassin (he has no passive that helps him scale into late game damage), Venomancer (bad stat gain, again no passive), Gyrocopter (no passive but his abilities can let him carry with certain item builds), and Vengeful Spirit (because her ulti often leads to her death, making it difficult to gain the necessary farm - Venge is a surprisingly potent carry if you don't suicide-ulti and scales, thanks to her aura, extremely well). Broodmother is another  agi hero that is not often played as a carry, because very few people have the correct mindset to correctly transition out of her lane phase, though her abilities and stats encourage her to take such a role.

A number of strength carries exist, they are carries because in theory, they are tough enough to weather a beating and keep on coming. Int carries are more rare, but there are a few. They all play very weirdly, and with the except of Nature's Profit, rely on their massive mana pool to do damage. Profit is probably the weirdest hero in the game, stats and balance-wise.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
bitserum
« Reply #3239 on: November 24, 2014, 12:36:57 AM »

Tinker is a prime example of nuke/utility carry.
However, I never understood how is it that Necrophos carries?
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic