Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1047759 Posts in 42473 Topics- by 34330 Members - Latest Member: EdwardJose

September 30, 2014, 09:58:34 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 161
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 180938 times)
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2540 on: January 07, 2013, 11:20:21 PM »

me and dragonmaw are in a game; we're trying to get bobo to join but he's afk atm

jack sanders is in the process of installing; he'll be on in about an hour

BRAINGALE
1% inspiration, 99% desperation
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2541 on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:00 AM »

Well Played!
Well Played!

Well Played!

Well Played!

Well Played!

Well Played!

BRAINGALE
Cow
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 08, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »

Careful!

( ˙͜>˙ )
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2543 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »

beep boop what do you do when

-every body in game is 23+ except you (Disruptor) and their Tidehunter
-you're level 16, Tidehunter is 18
-their Rikimaru and Slark will leave the middle of team fights to kill you (in 1-2 attacks), then return to the teamfight and win
-their tidehunter will blink dagger to you, ulti, and then slark/riki will appear to kill you, then they will proceed to mop up the rest of your team
-their jakiro will aim their ice thingy at you, stun you, then slark/riki will appear, kill you, then finish the rest of your team off

beep boop how do i not be useless

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2544 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »

if you keep getting owned by right clickers buy a ghost scepter and/or force staff. having +stats is always good, bracer and magic wand is usually what I'll start with on squishy supports.

should have glimpsed them away and ran, and block them off with kinetic field.

against a tide you don't want to stand next to another person and get ravaged, so if you were far enough away you should have had plenty of time to react.

you just need to play more. the more you play the more this advice will become common sense.
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2545 on: January 08, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »

if you keep getting owned by right clickers buy a ghost scepter and/or force staff. having +stats is always good, bracer and magic wand is usually what I'll start with on squishy supports.
I had all of this except for ghost scepter. I'm doing something right! On that note, is there a way to use Force Staff without double clicking in the inventory? I rebound the inventory to 1-6, and double tapping the slot the staff is in doesn't seem to work! I just wanna quick jump.

you just need to play more. the more you play the more this advice will become common sense.
Yea, I suppose that's true. But uh, is the huge gap in levels normal for a support? Tidehunter being in a similar situation makes me think so, but it seemed kind of wonky to be 9 levels behind 3+ people.

Also! Why was I put into the "Low Priority Punishment Queue"? I thought that was for leavers? Or did somebody report me for feeding or something Sad

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
alastair
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2546 on: January 08, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »

Yeah supports usually have lower levels, though try and be near as many hero kills as can so that you get more experience and gold.

You can get low priority for being "afk" or if you get reported enough.

I have double tapping inventory hotkeys as casting on myself, it should be a setting somewhere.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2547 on: January 08, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »

I got put into low priority once when I got put into a stack with 4 other people. I was batrider and went mid, last guy picked NS at the last second and went mid with me. I had no items to jungle so I just stayed in lane until I got a bottle and then left. NS lost the lane and got everyone to report me, was put into low priority for 24 hours. Also it can happen if you don't receive any kind of experience in 5 minutes.

It's easy to get behind in levels as a support. If a carry is elsewhere farming you should take whatever farm is left, including the jungle. If the creep-line isn't past the river and you have wards up you should definitely try to get as much xp/gold as possible, and if it's too dangerous to do that farm the jungle.

But if a carry comes up to farm whatever you're farming, just leave. Unless you're trying to finish off an item or something, you should always give the carry priority.

If force staff is on 1, press 1 twice in quick succession and it will force you in the direction you're facing.
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2548 on: January 09, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »

kotl is fucking amazing holy shit

BRAINGALE
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2549 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »

kotl owns for the first 20-30 minutes and then is pretty useless unless you have a shit ton of items. like mek force staff sheep, etc.

also, medusa is damn ugly (in a good way though). http://imgur.com/a/HxGo3
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2550 on: January 10, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »

If I'm in China, but want to play with Americans, can I play dota?

Do I need a signature?
Dragonmaw
Global Moderator
Level 10

Notorious D.R.G.

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 11, 2013, 02:12:27 AM »

Axe is more fun as mid than he has any right to be

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

-Snoop Dogg
Nillo
Level 10

Why make cheese if milk is already food?

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:49 AM »

If I could replace any skill in the game with Battle Hunger, I would. Cheesy

In fact, I've been known to occasionally delay my ulti at level 6 just to have more casts/levels in Battle Hunger. That shit has a 5 second cooldown when it's maxed and deals more damage than anything else you could spend your mana on.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:08:30 AM by Nillo » Logged

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 11, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »

I played a bunch of games vs unfair bots earlier today with the most horrible builds I could think of. I still won all of them but it was pretty hilarious.

Anti-Mage Slammin' Build: Rush Blink Dagger as soon as you have 2150g. Then build caster items like euls, dagon, another blink dagger etc. It's not magic if you're the one using it!
Phantom Lancer: Do not pick Spirit Lance until level 22. Get Phase Boots first, then Vladmir's Offering as your core item, followed by Battlefury, Shadow Blade, Aghanim's Scepter and Refresher Orb.
Axe: You can only purchase consumable items and parts of Sange. Repeat until your inventory contains six Sange.

Dragonmaw
Global Moderator
Level 10

Notorious D.R.G.

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 13, 2013, 12:37:35 AM »

played a game with john and jack.

john = phantom lancer
jack = keeper
me = nature's profit

we fed sniper early game and then i said fuck it and pushed all lanes all day and they couldn't handle it and sniper got really mad and kept taunting us

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

-Snoop Dogg
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2555 on: January 13, 2013, 12:40:32 AM »

if you can't win teamfights just split push like assholes and hope for salvation

BRAINGALE
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2556 on: January 13, 2013, 01:43:30 AM »

kotl is the best

Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 13, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »

Yesterday I had a fun game wih KotL and my friend played Razor, and we laned against Clinkz and Bounty Hunter, it was fun 'cause we raped them so hard. So easy kills, with infinite Illuminate + Plasma Field combos. Dum opponents are dum

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2558 on: January 16, 2013, 01:49:29 AM »

If anyone wants invites still I have like... 10

Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 18, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »

The game keeps unselecting my Bastion announcer before every match for some reason...

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 161
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic