Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1042763 Posts in 42240 Topics- by 33868 Members - Latest Member: the_yocks

September 16, 2014, 07:27:24 AM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 160
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 177295 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2640 on: March 03, 2013, 04:14:22 AM »

carries are still a bit harder to play because you need to learn to last hit a lot else you are not going to be very strong late game

Yeah, I cringe at the idea of recommending beginners play carries at all, since they are a really critical role, being bad at them is a very big deal and will likely cost your team the game.
BUT
On the other hand, in low MMR games people don't know how to play early game or push, generally games will never end under 30 minutes and the team with the most late game / hard carries will end up winning purely due to superior stat gain and stuff

So yeah, beginning dota is always gonna suck  Tongue

On an unrelated note, I cleaned up and updated my hero picker layout a little. Timbersaw can sit in the terrible micro corner with the other terrible micro heroes.

I don't like that visage and timbersaw have been crushed into the corner, but other than that, this layout is really cool, any way I could download it?

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: March 03, 2013, 05:13:52 AM »

playing support properly is harder than playing carry. same with playing like... any mid besides zeus

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Nillo
Level 10

You can't stop the internet, Steve.

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: March 03, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »

The hard part of playing Zeus mid is knowing how to last hit with one of the worst animations in the game, maybe only better than Techies.

I don't like that visage and timbersaw have been crushed into the corner, but other than that, this layout is really cool, any way I could download it?

Here you go. Edit it as much as you want, then save it to dota/cfg/layouts. The heroes are roughly arranged according to my personal preferences per role and many of them are possibly in the wrong places (Sven and Naga could be played as carries, etc) but it works for me.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2643 on: March 03, 2013, 11:33:55 PM »

I've been playing Wisp the past 10+ games and I've been having a lot of fun. When you're laning with a friend who benefits from it a lot, like Tiny, then it's a really great combo. Teleporting to gank people anywhere on the map is pretty awesome (even into their base).

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
alastair
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2644 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:04 PM »

Nice, Wisp is one of the rarest heroes I see played.

The hard part of playing Zeus mid is knowing how to last hit with one of the worst animations in the game, maybe only better than Techies.

It's not too bad, if you buy lots of INT and a Sage Mask early game you'll have some more damage + enough to cast arc lightning for instant last hits every now and then.
Fission Mailed
Level 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #2645 on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:46 AM »

just start with like branches and a tango and get an early bottle to spam arc lightning on zeus to lasthit
Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »

I should play New Silencer more often. The reworked Last Word is so much more effective than it used to be. It also is safer to use since it has a better cast range than before and it will give you the Intelligence from a kill even if the enemy moves outside of your range before dying. Oh, and did I mention it gives you vision over the target?

Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: March 04, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/inventory/#570_2_326721626
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/inventory/#570_2_326738791
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nillo42/inventory/#570_2_326698306

I've been working on this strange Invoker set. I just need one more piece (the Strange Crest of the Magus Magnus) and then it will be complete. That last piece will get the Couriers Purchased, Wards Purchased and Wards Placed modifiers.

I plan to give the entire set away to my friend Jon/Nifl when he returns. He is a true Invoker fan. I have no idea what I'm doing with this hero. Tongue

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: March 04, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »

silencer + axe is a pretty fun dick lane

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2649 on: March 04, 2013, 06:54:57 PM »

I'd like to play with you Jigxor. I already have a bunch of aussie friends I play with, I think you'd fit in well.
We all use skype so we can all fail whilst yelling at each other over VOIP.

Toucantastic.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile Email
« Reply #2650 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

i think newbies will have more fun playing carries because when you dont know how to play placing wards on the map isnt very fun

but if youre a weirdo carry like outworld you wont really know what to do
Cow
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: March 04, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »

I'm pretty godawful at the game but I enjoy playing support. I can walk around and do whatever and HELP and not get yelled at.

( ˙͜>˙ )
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

cow DENY THe CREEPS!11

Medevenx
Level 7

i try not to suck

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2653 on: March 05, 2013, 08:28:07 AM »

My Select Screen Layout!

Top Left = Carries with Meepo and Lone Druid side as micro-using carries
Bottom Left = Initiators

Mid = My Personal Mid Heroes (Yes, I mid with Undying)

Mid Right = Pure Supports (Prioritizes buying Wards, TPs, Smokes, Couriers, all those other supplies, normally babysits the carry)
Far Right = Utility Supports (Nukers & Gankers that can share the ward load with the pure supports with less priority)

Bottom Right = Utility Gankers (Gankers with Carry Potential) with Nature's Prophet and Visage as micro-using gankers

GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #2654 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »

I think I'm starting enjoy this game a bit more now that I've gotten to the point where teams have a bit more structure so games don't last >60 minutes.

I tried Mirana and she's probably the most enjoyable character I've played thus far.

I've notice that out of all of my favorite champions in LoL (Lux, Ahri, Ezreal, Amumu, Rumble, Blitzcrank) not a single one of them have a single target spell.  All their spells are either skillshots, AoEs, Dashes, or self steroids.

I think I might try Timbersaw next since he seems fun.  Btw, what does it mean to be a "micro" character?  Don't you have to micromanage with all characters?

Edit: Also, when you go into champion select and there's only 3 heroes to choose from, do you really have to pick just one of those 3 characters?  What if their all awful?

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2655 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

Edit: Also, when you go into champion select and there's only 3 heroes to choose from, do you really have to pick just one of those 3 characters?  What if their all awful?

you can select game mode before you search for a match; make sure it's set to 'all-pick'.

regarding micro heroes: some characters can control units that have their own sets of skills. for example enchantress, who can charm jungle creeps and use them to help her gank (which is super neat because some creeps have a stun, or a ranged nuke, or a channeled tornado). or phantom lancer, who can make up to 8 clones of himself and use them to farm the jungle/gank/deal retarded dps.

GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #2656 on: March 05, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »

But why is timbersaw a micro hero?

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: March 05, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »

his ult is a saw you can move around i think

alastair
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2658 on: March 05, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »

You just choose where you want your saw to go initially (like most ultis) except he chooses when to let it return to himself like a boomerang, you don't control it like a hero.
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #2659 on: March 05, 2013, 03:51:16 PM »

You just choose where you want your saw to go initially (like most ultis) except he chooses when to let it return to himself like a boomerang, you don't control it like a hero.

Timbersaw can sit in the terrible micro corner with the other terrible micro heroes.

Wat?

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 160
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic