Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1057322 Posts in 42951 Topics- by 34889 Members - Latest Member: Vergil

October 25, 2014, 01:10:32 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 161
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 186121 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2660 on: March 05, 2013, 04:15:57 PM »

who said Timbersaw is a micro hero? he isn't.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »

nillo put like 4-5 non-micro heroes in that section. he didn't mean micro, he meant "dudes i don't like playing"

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Medevenx
Level 7

i try not to suck

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2662 on: March 05, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »

Nobody likes my layout? Sad

Anyway, I suggest some heroes like Sven, LION, and LICH. Sven will get you ready to have carry potential and feel the speed of the game compared to LoL. Lion and Lich both have money shot skills and are really great utility heroes. Lion has practically the same ulti as Lina but has more dependable disables than her. Lich's ulti is easy to pull off if you can understand it. Smiley Try them out!

All the heroes are cool anyway and you can play every hero differently as they can be played in a variety of ways. All of them except Drow Ranger because she is boring.

Also putting your cursor on top of the skill icon will show you the range it has. It's also written sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:39:30 PM by Medevenx » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2663 on: March 05, 2013, 09:56:51 PM »

re: range

type dota_disable_range_finder 0 in console. it shows you the range in the form of a green line when you press a skill. if you move the cursor outside the range, the line turns red.

also dota_range_display 1200 is good if you're playing anti-mage or qop or to want to get used to experience range. very handy if you're trying to leech xp and trying to be as far away as possible.
Nillo
Level 10

Why make cheese if milk is already food?

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: March 05, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »

But why is timbersaw a micro hero?
Short cooldown abilities that require special targets. That's micro to me, but you're free to disagree.

The problem with Timbersaw is that some of his skills need trees to work, and his other skills destroy trees. This makes him highly unintuitive to play compared to other heroes. He's also not a very good hero in general. I think his win rate is almost as low as Meepo right now.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Dragonmaw
Global Moderator
Level 10

Notorious D.R.G.

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: March 06, 2013, 01:54:13 AM »

I'm pretty drunk all the time but I enjoy playing support. I can walk around and do whatever and HELP and not get yelled at.

Fixt 4 u

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

-Snoop Dogg
Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:51 AM »

One of my friends used to make fun of me because I get Tranquil Boots on Rikimaru. I couldn't help smiling when I watched this N0tail video and noticed he had a pair of tranqs on. Vindication!

Cow
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: March 06, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

I'm pretty drunk all the time but I enjoy playing support. I can walk around and do whatever and HELP and not get yelled at.

Fixt 4 u

True.

( ˙͜>˙ )
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2668 on: March 07, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GWvFOOme0
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2669 on: March 07, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »

lol!

Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: March 08, 2013, 04:13:34 AM »

There is now a Lina hat in the store for $35~

I wouldn't exactly call it a hat, though. You put it in the Head slot, but it actually changes everything about Lina, including the portrait, spells and icons. With that in mind, the price tag seems fine to me.

For those of you who have followed the Dota 2 beta since the beginning, it's based on the original Lina concept art.

John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2671 on: March 08, 2013, 09:26:10 AM »

For those of you who have followed the Dota 2 beta since the beginning, it's based on the original Lina concept art.

disappointed that its not a slayers reference

BRAINGALE
1% inspiration, 99% desperation
Bandages
« Reply #2672 on: March 08, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »

The $35 dollar cosmetic is so fucking outrageous that articulating why would cause me physical pain.
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

big booty 2d cutie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2673 on: March 08, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »

more than 3 copies of hotline miami

BRAINGALE
1% inspiration, 99% desperation
Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: March 08, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »

more than 3 copies of hotline miami
But Hotline Miami isn't free, so in that case the paying customers don't have to carry the financial burden of another, much larger crowd that doesn't even own a credit card.

What I'm saying is, comparing prices between items in F2P games and traditional purchase-based games is sort of silly.

Bandages
« Reply #2675 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »

My wallet makes no such distinctions

Edit: lol I said $35 dollars
AshfordPride
« Reply #2676 on: March 08, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »

You do have to understand that creating an item with a lot of value that can easily be acquired without any smoke or mirrors.  It's probably good for the economy to have an item that a kid with too much money can get his hands on and put out there.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2677 on: March 08, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »

if you compare the item to the legendary skins of LoL, which I believe is a far comparison, you get an idea of how high the price is.

legendary skins in LoL change nearly everything about a hero, the skin/model, animations, voice over, artwork, particle effects, etc. and they cost less than half (15 dollars) of what this lina item does.

but whatever, if people want to pay that much then go for it. though I am under the impression this is just another one of Valve's pricing experiments. probably testing the waters to see how much people will pay for a single fancy item.
alastair
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2678 on: March 08, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »

People will pay for it, whatever its priced so they can attempt to impress people. (See rich people that buy scribble paintings with absurd prices.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:24:48 PM by alastair » Logged
Nillo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: March 09, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »

It's worth noting that League skins have no resale value (if you buy them they are chained to your account forever) while the Lina hat can be traded for videogams or other items should you ever grow tired of it.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 161
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic