Salutations TIG Friends! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
My name is James, and I am a VGM composer. If you are a chiptune enthusiast, you may know me as half of chip-pop duo br1ght pr1mate and I have recently been working pretty much full-time writing retro game soundtracks and SFX. I use classic hardware and from-the-ground-up synthesis methods, so music and sounds are 100% original to your project, with that rich hardware and 8bit sound that only comes from original sound chips! LINKZ:
Here is a link to my VGM bandcamp page with a number of full OSTs and various things for your perusal: http://jamesprimate.bandcamp.com
And my game music soundcloud, where I post WIP stuff and odds n ends:http://soundcloud.com/james_primateDEMO REELZ:
Check out my chiptune/VGM specific demo reel here: http://soundcloud.com/james_primate/james-primate-demo-reel-v2
While you're listening, care to peruse some of my most recent projects? REVIEWZ:
* LiquidSketch was just nominated as an IGF finalist!
* Gnomoria, still in alpha, already has a bustling world-wide player community is currently rated 9.6 on Desura. IndieGameMag has called the soundtrack "Fantastic": http://www.indiegamemag.com/gnome-sweet-gnome-gnomoria-demo-released-alpha-build-upon-pre-order/#.UDaEddZlTz8
* Junk Jack, which reached #2 on the App Store for Adventure Games. Touch Arcade called the soundtrack "Excellent": http://toucharcade.com/2011/11/09/junk-jack-review/
* Icarus, an artsy pixel adventure game which was named top indie game" in September by IndieCade: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/23/the-joystiq-indie-pitch-icarus/
* Hyperactive Ninja, a cute platformer for Android which grabbed a 10/10 for music in reviews: http://acesplacebyaddman.blogspot.com/2010/12/hyperactive-ninja-review.html
* We've just had some music featured on Rockband: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfrVN98KTm0
and if you google "br1ght pr1mate" you'll find all sorts of other crazy stuff we've done CONTACTZ:
Anyway, I am available for projects of any size and budget, I just love making game music and seeing awesome new games come to life. I am easy to deal with, reliable and have a lightning quick turn-around time. Lets talk!
Hit up my email: [email protected]